ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Snow Cream

You have never had snow cream? I know people make it several ways but I use snow, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mix all that up and you have a delicious treat. My biggest advice is don't use yellow snow when making it.
We use evaporated milk instead of regular milk, but it is a treat indeed. We got 4” here just south of Charlotte and the weather geeks are going crazy.

Reactions: smashmouth5
We got close to 8" here in tar heel county N.C. Loved snow cream when I was a kid but it seemed like it melted quick. OFC

You have never had snow cream? I know people make it several ways but I use snow, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mix all that up and you have a delicious treat. My biggest advice is don't use yellow snow when making it.

Today I had a client tell me that he likes to put snow in his bong and smoke marijuana through it. I shook my head and told him not to use the yellow snow.

It's that darn Global Warming, I mean Global Cooling, I mean Climate Change...ahhh forgetta bout it! Just avoid yellow snow, that's one constant in all of this!

Interesting fact, for those who like that sort of thing... sometimes more snow can actually be a sign of things getting warmer. For example, up in the Great Lakes area, usually the lakes freeze solid for the duration of the winter. With the planet getting warmer, they don't freeze as totally, thus allowing more moisture to evaporate into the air, which leads to more snow.

Course, not everyone is interested in "science" and "facts" but still, I think it is interesting... sometimes stuff can be counterintuitive.

Never had snow cream... not sure anyone would want to eat the snow in New Jersey;)

Reactions: Dattier
Interesting fact, for those who like that sort of thing... sometimes more snow can actually be a sign of things getting warmer. For example, up in the Great Lakes area, usually the lakes freeze solid for the duration of the winter. With the planet getting warmer, they don't freeze as totally, thus allowing more moisture to evaporate into the air, which leads to more snow.

Course, not everyone is interested in "science" and "facts" but still, I think it is interesting... sometimes stuff can be counterintuitive.

Never had snow cream... not sure anyone would want to eat the snow in New Jersey;)
Not so sure anyone here was looking for a lecture sir, but the one thing I think may have happened in all this was something flying over your head.
Speaking of New Jersey, I heard birds fly upside down in that state. The reason being, there's nothing worth crapping on in that state.

Hello Datt. How is my little minion buddy this morning?

When will hart be along to like all your comments?

Datt, dont be upset w/me but Dukiejay and I are out having breakfast this morning. Very enlightening over sausage, eggs, toast and coffee! I will be along later, and I did stay a t a Holiday Inn Express last nite! Make i t a great day brother and hope you didnt get too much snow my friend! OFC

Not so sure anyone here was looking for a lecture sir, but the one thing I think may have happened in all this was something flying over your head.
Speaking of New Jersey, I heard birds fly upside down in that state. The reason being, there's nothing worth crapping on in that state.

Uhh... I wasn't lecturing. A lecture would be far longer and more detailed. I was sharing an interesting, relevant, and rather quick fact that I didn't know for years, and I bet many people don't know. Don't get so defensive over something so innocuous... sometimes learning new things is a good thing.

As for NJ, while it has a terrible reputation among people not from this area (thanks a lot, Jersey Shore and the opening credits for the Sopranos!) and of course for the fact that the main airport is right next to one of the busiest ports on the continent, and it makes an easy target (even I enjoy making fun of it!)... it is actually a rather nice place to live! #2 in education, #4 in average median income, #8 in health care, #4 in crime and corrections, #2 in public health, and ranked #5 best state to live in... lots of beautiful suburbs (four of the 20 richest counties in the nation are here in NJ, and six of the 100 richest towns are actually in my county), lots of farmland, famous beaches, easy access to possibly the greatest city in the world... hey, I actually live in the safest small town in America, right here in New Jersey!

Where you from, Mac?

Last edited:
Uhh... I wasn't lecturing. A lecture would be far longer and more detailed. I was sharing an interesting, relevant, and rather quick fact that I didn't know for years, and I bet many people don't know. Don't get so defensive over something so innocuous... sometimes learning new things is a good thing.

As for NJ, while it has a terrible reputation among people not from this area (thanks a lot, Jersey Shore and the opening credits for the Sopranos!) and of course for the fact that the main airport is right next to one of the busiest ports on the continent, and it makes an easy target (even I enjoy making fun of it!)... it is actually a rather nice place to live! #2 in education, #4 in average median income, #8 in health care, #4 in crime and corrections, #2 in public health, and ranked #5 best state to live in... lots of beautiful suburbs, lots of farmland, famous beaches, easy access to possibly the greatest city in the world... hey, I actually live in the safest small town in America, right here in New Jersey!

Where you from, Mac?
I'm 2 hours west of Durham. Small town. You're ok Dude. My apologies sir. Have a good day, and Datt, you too.

As for NJ, while it has a terrible reputation among people not from this area (thanks a lot, Jersey Shore and the opening credits for the Sopranos!) and of course for the fact that the main airport is right next to one of the busiest ports on the continent, and it makes an easy target (even I enjoy making fun of it!)... it is actually a rather nice place to live! #2 in education, #4 in average median income, #8 in health care, #4 in crime and corrections, #2 in public health, and ranked #5 best state to live in... lots of beautiful suburbs (four of the 20 richest counties in the nation are here in NJ), lots of farmland, famous beaches, easy access to possibly the greatest city in the world... hey, I actually live in the safest small town in America, right here in New Jersey!

Where you from, Mac?

Like a Chamber of Commerce infomercial Dude! Impressive! OFC

I'm 2 hours west of Durham. Small town. You're ok Dude. My apologies sir. Have a good day, and Datt, you too.

No prob at all man, sorry if my initial post was a touchy snarky... So_Cal is not my favorite poster in the world, and I didn't totally see the need for what he posted, you know? I lived in Durham for four years, obviously, and then in Burlington for a number of years after that... loved a lot of North Carolina, and couldn't adore the ladies any more than I do!:)

Like a Chamber of Commerce infomercial Dude! Impressive! OFC

Dude, SOMEONE has to try to stand up for New Jersey... because most of the country just thinks this:

0712-jersey-shore-cast-2013.jpg

latest

ContainerPortView-S.jpg

aa2de8f8532946d851e190a164546016.jpg

Shit. I've got my work cut out for me.

Reactions: hart2chesson
No prob at all man, sorry if my initial post was a touchy snarky... So_Cal is not my favorite poster in the world, and I didn't totally see the need for what he posted, you know? I lived in Durham for four years, obviously, and then in Burlington for a number of years after that... loved a lot of North Carolina, and couldn't adore the ladies any more than I do!:)

Dude, SOMEONE has to try to stand up for New Jersey... because most of the country just thinks this:

0712-jersey-shore-cast-2013.jpg

latest

ContainerPortView-S.jpg

aa2de8f8532946d851e190a164546016.jpg

Shit. I've got my work cut out for me.
It's all good man. I have no problem with So Cal, but this board is very unique with the different views and opinions. Probably the only thing some of us have in common is we pull for Duke, but at times even that is trying, to say the least. Back to the original point: Snow cream is delicious, just don't eat the yellow snow.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
So Cal is cool- you two will work it out Dude! Have a good day! OFC

Doubtful; he put me on Ignore, although I have to admit, I have no idea why... I don't actually recall interacting with him? What can you do, I suppose:)

Have y'all met?

You in the Triad, Mac? How much snow did y'all get?
I have only met 2 posters from the board, Pisgah and D Moore. I live about an hour north of Charlotte, ever heard of Salisbury? We probably got 6". What about you Datt?

Have y'all met?

You in the Triad, Mac? How much snow did y'all get?

Datt we got 7.8 inches, (fairly near Mac)and thats plenty for us! Caught our municipal workers prepping roads off guard as such, they were looking for perhaps 3". OFC

I remember being down there... an inch of snow was enough to throw things off! They just don't have the snow removal equipment, which is expensive, specialized stuff.

I have only met 2 posters from the board, Pisgah and D Moore. I live about an hour north of Charlotte, ever heard of Salisbury? We probably got 6". What about you Datt?
Datt we got 7.8 inches, (fairly near Mac)and thats plenty for us! Caught our municipal workers prepping roads off guard as such, they were looking for perhaps 3". OFC
Yeah, I know Salisbury. Hometown of a good old friend.

We got about 7" in our yard (East Durham, edge of town). Friends nearby have measured as much as 10", but I suspect they're including some drift from roof to deck rail, etc. Then again, I had to sweep snow off the roof of our high tunnel (like a greenhouse, and a "new car" to us) three times and there seemed to be more than 2 inches each time.

I was surprised how quickly it got away from estimations here, too, hart. School was called off for Wed before the kids got off the bus Tuesday, which seemed like we were ahead of everything, but the roads are still pretty well covered right now.

Awww, in sorry, I had you on ignore. I did remove it here though, as I see you're stalking me yet again.

Scary to think you took the time to type that, yet wreck your stance by including the word "sometimes". Beautiful yet painful, all in one word.

PS - cite all of the stats you like; bragging about NJ doesn't get one very far.

I remember being down there... an inch of snow was enough to throw things off! They just don't have the snow removal equipment, which is expensive, specialized stuff.
A lot of people laugh at us, but how silly would it be to invest in a bunch of snow equipment? I remember being amazed that my friends in the North didn't have A/C in their cars or houses. They'd suffer through a few short heat waves, but the rest of the time, it was just superfluous, like chinaware.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT