ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Prayer Request

meisperplexed

All American
Dec 22, 2016
I would like to ask everyone for their prayers and good thoughts for my aunt. She was walking home from her daughter's house and was found in the middle of the road by a group of teenagers. She's in her eighties and has dimentia, so we're not sure how she ended up there, but the EMT's said she had been hit by a vehicle at some point. They apparently had to go to three hospitals before one would take her and it's one full of coronavirus patients. She's a tough old broad, but she's got a long recovery in front of her.

I would like to ask everyone for their prayers and good thoughts for my aunt. She was walking home from her daughter's house and was found in the middle of the road by a group of teenagers. She's in her eighties and has dimentia, so we're not sure how she ended up there, but the EMT's said she had been hit by a vehicle at some point. They apparently had to go to three hospitals before one would take her and it's one full of coronavirus patients. She's a tough old broad, but she's got a long recovery in front of her.

This is so terrible and sad, Meisper, on so many levels. Your aunt (and you and your family) are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless all of you. And please keep us informed if possible.

OFC

Wow, this is horrible to hear. Please keep us updated. I really mean that. I hope she recovers quickly. I hate when bad things happen to good people. I’m talking about you.

Reactions: meisperplexed
Thank you so much everybody. I called her family for an update and from what they said, they can't go in and visit her because of the covid19 patients. She's in the ICU and is stable, so that's positive. Miraculously, no broken bones either. Most of the damage was to her face where she hit the pavement, so a lot of swelling and bruising there. All in all, I think it's as good as can be expected at this point. My biggest worry is being in a place with a lot of covid19 patients. She's not strong enough to fight that off given her age and other injuries. Thanks again for all your prayers and good wishes. It means a lot. :)

Thank you so much everybody. I called her family for an update and from what they said, they can't go in and visit her because of the covid19 patients. She's in the ICU and is stable, so that's positive. Miraculously, no broken bones either. Most of the damage was to her face where she hit the pavement, so a lot of swelling and bruising there. All in all, I think it's as good as can be expected at this point. My biggest worry is being in a place with a lot of covid19 patients. She's not strong enough to fight that off given her age and other injuries. Thanks again for all your prayers and good wishes. It means a lot. :)

SO GLAD to hear she came thru the horrible ordeal as well as she did! Prayers meisper. God bless, and as you say the biggest concern now is avoiding the virus....Blessings upon your aunt and all your family, OFC.....

Prayers for sure. My wife's dad is also dealing with dementia. A couple found him walking along the road in SC. Praise the Lord nothing happened. He was able to improve some thanks to the help of his geriatrics Dr. He has gotten worse and my wife's family was in the process of finding him a place to stay when all the covid stuff hit. He has since been hospitalized with a kidney infection and even though he's been able to pass a couple covid tests, nobody will take him. My wife is unable to see him and just calling him causes even more confusion for him.

It is incredible what the added stresses are doing to families. We just have to make sure we are good to each other because you don't know what's happening to that person 6 feet away.

Prayers for sure. My wife's dad is also dealing with dementia. A couple found him walking along the road in SC. Praise the Lord nothing happened. He was able to improve some thanks to the help of his geriatrics Dr. He has gotten worse and my wife's family was in the process of finding him a place to stay when all the covid stuff hit. He has since been hospitalized with a kidney infection and even though he's been able to pass a couple covid tests, nobody will take him. My wife is unable to see him and just calling him causes even more confusion for him.

It is incredible what the added stresses are doing to families. We just have to make sure we are good to each other because you don't know what's happening to that person 6 feet away.

I hate to hear that. Dementia is such a cruel disease. Prayers for your family as well. The level of frustration this virus is causing is immense. The hospitals that wouldn't take my aunt had no covid19 patients and I was like that's where she needs to be. The same for your father-in-law. I hope it works out for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT