ADVERTISEMENT

OT Greatest Drummers of all-time

smashmouth5

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 25, 2001
Great job with guitarist. Now lets hear it for the folks twirling the sticks.

Bonham is my fav. But Collins is considered one of the greats too. Genesis songs annoy me for some reason though lol. Don Henley is not bad either. Neil Peart from Rush is bad a**, Mitch Mitchell too from Hendrix.

Reactions: smashmouth5
Omar Porter...good friend of mine that plays at different clubs and events esp in Charlotte region. Great drummer, better person. Does incredible work with young people.

I like Rush a lot, even if their lyrics can get a little pretentious. Tom Sawyer's drumming is epic.

Rick Allen from Def Lepprd. He lost his arm in a car accident back in the mid 80’s and is still drumming. Fans refer to him as “The Thunder God”.

Def Leppard is my favorite band so I’m throwing mention out there for Rick Allen as well, but best ever period? I have to go with Neal Purt

Def Leppard is my favorite band so I’m throwing mention out there for Rick Allen as well, but best ever period? I have to go with Neal Purt
Yeah they’re one of my favorites too. The 80’s hair bands was some of the best music ever. I actually have the same last name as one of the members of Def Leppard and I know that my last name has origins from the U.K. I’ve heard my dad say that all of the people that live in the county that I live in in NC that have the same last name as us are all related way down the line.

Neil Peart of Rush (personal favorite and most influential on my playing)

Carter Beaufort of Dave Matthews Band

Stewart Copeland of The Police. (Also huge influence)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT