ADVERTISEMENT

Opposing fan interactions

stealing from Sky’s UNC thread, but opening it to all opposing fans and any interaction you had with them.

Mine was last Spring after the tournament. It happened to be when my sister had a gender reveal party at my parents’ house. It’s about midnight and the house is filled with KU fans and me. All of us have had a few drinks by this point.

They all knew I was a Duke fan but no one had said anything all night. Suddenly, some husband of one of my sister’s friends made some comment about Duke losing to KU to me in front of everyone and the room got silent. I said something along the lines of “KU played a great game but at the end of the day 5 is still greater than 3.”

He replied, “what are you talking about? KU has 5 national championships too!” I replied, “No they don’t....wait...are you counting Helms titles?!?!?” He said, “Yes! They count too!” I chuckled, looked him dead in the eye and said, “that’s cute.”

Then there was an awkward silence and somebody finally broke it by changing the subject. Later, my dad (a huge KU fan for 70+ years) said “yeah, I don’t count them. Not sure why anyone would.”

The Helms Trophy.....That and 75 cents will get you a cold drink! :cool: OFC

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Pantone Matching System was probably not covered in law school.

I’ve been in marketing most of my career and have had plenty of time with graphic designers, artists, and illustrators.

Not bad — definitely unexpected.

Pantone Matching System was probably not covered in law school.

I’ve been in marketing most of my career and have had plenty of time with graphic designers, artists, and illustrators.

Not bad — definitely unexpected.
Ahh. So, call it PMS instead of Pantone? Honest question. I know nothing about it other than I always remember hearing it called Pantone.

Last edited:
March 6th, 2005 I'm at the Duke /UNC game at the Dean Dome with 4 of my unc buddies. Full Duke gear. We sit down, I've got a dude about as big as me (unusual) sitting on my right, big unc fan. All my buddies on my left. We are right on the overhang. Everybody in our area ribbed me but it was all fairly friendly. We were laying it on them, looked like we had it in the bag, they had that huge comeback and won by 2 at the end. There had been a guy a few rows down that had seen me come up in my gear and i guessed it pissed his punk ass off because he kept turning and glaring my way entire game. The big unc guy on my rightside was cool as hell, we talked hoops whole game and really hit it off. When unc won, they rushed the court. The guy down a few rows came running up the stairs and stepped right up to me and said "how'd you like that ya ****ing dukie?" He grabbed my hat and threw it out over the balcony and into the crowd, instinct had his throat in my grip before it hit. I had him up against the little rail there on his tip toes by the throat. The big fella beside me said, "dude, he's a punk, don't get in trouble over him. " I said you're right. I let go of him , gripped his unc national champions shirt at the collar and fast ripped it all the way down to his belt line. It tore perfectly, like a big square, chest and stomach bare. His eyes were huge and believe it or not all the unc fans behind us burst out laughing at him. He ran down to the landing with the crowd, stopped and looked back up at us, tits and tummy shining, my buddies rolled. They retell the story a hundred times a year. I was a little pissed at the time but it was pretty freaking hilarious.

March 6th, 2005 I'm at the Duke /UNC game at the Dean Dome with 4 of my unc buddies. Full Duke gear. We sit down, I've got a dude about as big as me (unusual) sitting on my right, big unc fan. All my buddies on my left. We are right on the overhang. Everybody in our area ribbed me but it was all fairly friendly. We were laying it on them, looked like we had it in the bag, they had that huge comeback and won by 2 at the end. There had been a guy a few rows down that had seen me come up in my gear and i guessed it pissed his punk ass off because he kept turning and glaring my way entire game. The big unc guy on my rightside was cool as hell, we talked hoops whole game and really hit it off. When unc won, they rushed the court. The guy down a few rows came running up the stairs and stepped right up to me and said "how'd you like that ya ****ing dukie?" He grabbed my hat and threw it out over the balcony and into the crowd, instinct had his throat in my grip before it hit. I had him up against the little rail there on his tip toes by the throat. The big fella beside me said, "dude, he's a punk, don't get in trouble over him. " I said you're right. I let go of him , gripped his unc national champions shirt at the collar and fast ripped it all the way down to his belt line. It tore perfectly, like a big square, chest and stomach bare. His eyes were huge and believe it or not all the unc fans behind us burst out laughing at him. He ran down to the landing with the crowd, stopped and looked back up at us, tits and tummy shining, my buddies rolled. They retell the story a hundred times a year. I was a little pissed at the time but it was pretty freaking hilarious.

This...is... magnificent. Seriously.

One of the best stories I've ever read on any related message board.

Lol... I just can't stop picturing it.

And I remember that game vividly. We were just whipping their asses, and then... I'm still not sure.

My buddy Johnny (Ridiculously hardcore UNC fan) says he will never get the picture out of his mind of that guy standing on that landing looking up at us with a bare chest and sleeves. My other bud BillyG (another freaking unc fan from hell) said he was scared to death cause he thought I was gonna throw him over the ledge into the crowd after the hat. LOL

I’ll let Bludvls1 or Devilicious tell you about the ACC party I threw and someone sent me a custom UNC shirt and hat. It’s a fiery story.

Reactions: skysdad
I was on this small engine plane one time with a Tar Hole fan. The engine started sputtering, and the pilot told us we were gonna go down. Bigger problem was there was only one parachute.
The Tar Hole fan jumped up, grabbed it and dove out the door hollering Geronimo!”
The pilot said “sorry sir.” I said “I’m good. That idiot just jumped out with my backpack.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT