ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs UNC

Unfortunate UNC is just way better than we are. We will be lucky to keep it under single digits by the end I think.

We’re down 10 but I’m pretty impressed at how we’re playing. Tough to keep up when they’re letting Carolina “ play”

Reactions: sheyduke and mbdfan
Who is going to step up . We had zero free throws in the first half

Yeah I’m less concerned about fouls and more concerned how we have been extremely careless with the ball…..we were our own worst enemy leading to multiple fast breaks for them.

We had a stretch of four trips in a row without even a legitimate shot at the rim.

• Haha
Reactions: JimboSlice00
Its hard to swallow but the cheats are just outplaying us on both ends...we seem to have contested shots, they get the ones they want...experience helps..we need to hit some consistent 3's to make this a game. Surprised that we kept Davis quiet but were outplayed by their other guards Cadeau/Trimble. And where is Mitchell????

Reactions: K-oach Q
Its hard to swallow but the cheats are just outplaying us on both ends...we seem to have contested shots, they get the ones they want...experience helps..we need to hit some consistent 3's to make this a game. Surprised that we kept Davis quiet but were outplayed by their other guards Cadeau/Trimble. And where is Mitchell????
Totally agree and extremely accurate I think.

Hard to say we got our butt kicked but we got our butt kicked that half.

We didn’t get back on D, were a little sloppy with the ball, and didn’t get a couple calls when driving to the basket. Mind boggling that we shot no free throws.

Proctor has to be better, the same with Mitchell. They combined for 4 points.

Played golf today…just ate outback and had three beers…..it’s miserable…..carry on…or keep tagging me whatever you like.

Or talk about the game maybe….
Or show up and actually talk when things are going well, or be positive at any point in your life.

Outback sucks too- you would be a chain restaurant type of guy

Seth Greenberg is spot on. Duke has to be stronger with the basketball. And has to play through contact. This is the classic Duke problem the last several years. We have a bunch of freshmen and sophomores other than Roach and Young. Neither of whom are physical players.

Carolina is just playing much more physical game than we are. The officials are letting that go. But that’s college ball these days. But those 10 transition points off turnovers to our zero are the difference in the score and part of the reason they are going to the line.

Otherwise not playing too badly.

Long term, we are not going to be dominant without changing things. Gotta keep players longer and have to land more and stronger players in the portal.

Or show up and actually talk when things are going well, or be positive at any point in your life.

Outback sucks too- you would be a chain restaurant type of guy
My son likes the burgers there and Mac and cheese bites but whatever…..he’s 12.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Seth Greenberg is spot on. Duke has to be stronger with the basketball. And has to play through contact. This is the classic Duke problem the last several years. We have a bunch of freshmen and sophomores other than Roach and Young. Neither of whom are physical players.

Carolina is just playing much more physical game than we are. The officials are letting that go. But that’s college ball these days. But those 10 transition points off turnovers to our zero are the difference in the score and part of the reason they are going to the line.

Long term, we are not going to be dominant without changing things. Gotta keep players longer and have to land more and stronger players in the portal.
McCain played physical. I think he has 7 rebounds. If it wasn’t for him and Roach, we would be down even more.

The last sentence or two nails it...we are always young and it shows in tough physical games

Reactions: youngman42

Agreed on everything but the thing is it’s not college basketball these days. This style of officiating is random, and happens rarely. Reminds me of the Tennessee thug ball we played last year, although unc isn’t that bad at fouling . But yeah this isnt how games are usually officiated it’s a damn shame

Kids can’t choose their parents. God bless him.
Yes his father ownes a business that’s worth over a million dollars on land his father owned valued at 2.5 mill….

And it’s all his and his sisters…..what an awful life he must have 😂

Some of you all are just idiots….

See that’s the thing that makes me mad. Proctor gets called for a foul on Davis. Fine. But there’s a ton of plays that were worse than that the holes committed against Duke where they just swallowed their whistle

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Duke is not losing by ten because of officiating.
The refs haven’t turned the ball over 6 times. The refs aren’t blindly driving into the lane throwing up contested shots…. The refs arent getting beat to the loose balls. The refs aren’t getting beat back after a make. The refs aren’t leaving UNC players wide open.

Do I think it’s been officiated even….heck no….

Buts it’s not why we are down ten pts either…..

That being said we have the shooters to get back into it and even win. It just doesn’t seem likely to me as I think UNC is a lot better.

This is also the first team with a winning record we have played in the ACC…..it kinda shows.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
McCain played physical. I think he has 7 rebounds. If it wasn’t for him and Roach, we would be down even more.

I wasn’t criticizing Roach if you cared to notice. Simply noting that he’s not a physical player. He’s a good player. But McCain is not super physical. He is for a freshman, but he’s also a guard. 18 year olds just aren’t going to match a 22-23 year old. We need three or four guys at wing, forward, etc who are really going to be strong physically. Not just rebounding but mainly defending and with the ball. Watch on defense we are getting beat and leaving guys wide open for shots because we can’t handle their quickness and physicality.

I really love Roach mid game jumper. I can’t remember the last Duke player that could get to it and hit it as consistently as he does.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT