ADVERTISEMENT

Official final four thread

SDSU is so rattled right now. Missing layups and then giving up the three on the other end. This is exactly what I was afraid was going to happen. Think they can go ahead and put UCONN's name on the trophy.

I told my brother with 1:30 left at the half, SDSU needed to cut the deficit to 9-12 at halftime and they would be fine. They did just that, hopefully adjustments are made at the half and SDSU win the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half to keep the momentum going.

The way too early top 25 for next year had 3 Big East teams (UConn, Marquette, Creighton) in the top 5. Duke was #1, but they were counting on us getting Lively back. (huh)

How was UConn only a 4 seed? I know they lost like 4 straight in the middle of the season.

15 times in the last 25 years the Huskies either missed the NCAA’s or lost in first weekend. The other 10 times they went to six Final Fours and won 5 titles. Weird stat.

Reactions: GillJET
15 times in the last 25 years the Huskies either missed the NCAA’s or lost in first weekend. The other 10 times they went to six Final Fours and won 5 titles. Weird stat.
Yep and they are 5-0 in the title game. Pretty annoying that efficiency when getting to the big game.

I've never been a Danny Hurley fan, nor have I been a fan of Bobby's coaching. Always felt like they were too emotional on the sideline. Well, my tune has changed on Danny. A few games into the tournament, they asked him what was the key to their turning it around. He replied that he was too much of a distraction to his team with the way he acted on the sideline, and knew he needed to change.
Danny has overcome a fair amount, the first being Bobby's younger brother, and being in his shadow as a player.

So to go from stepping away from Seton Hall as a player in 93 for personal reasons, to becoming a National Title winner 30 years later as a coach is some kind of a story.

Old school basketball...hard nosed defense and well run offense...Hurley coached them well....unranked to Champions....a true team of complimentary parts. Congrats to Uconn.

Reactions: KDSTONE and Liftee
I've never been a Danny Hurley fan, nor have I been a fan of Bobby's coaching. Always felt like they were too emotional on the sideline. Well, my tune has changed on Danny. A few games into the tournament, they asked him what was the key to their turning it around. He replied that he was too much of a distraction to his team with the way he acted on the sideline, and knew he needed to change.
Danny has overcome a fair amount, the first being Bobby's younger brother, and being in his shadow as a player.

So to go from stepping away from Seton Hall as a player in 93 for personal reasons, to becoming a National Title winner 30 years later as a coach is some kind of a story.

Same. He's a POS in real life when there are no cameras around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT