ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. Who on this board hates the Yankees.

I don't hate the Yankees, I dislike them.

As an Orioles fan, I HATE the fair weather Yankee fans that show up at Camden Yards only when the stripes are doing well. It's a recipe for fights galore as us Baltimore folk tend to like to muck it up.
I haven’t been to a game at Camden Yards but a guy I work with goes a few times a year (we are in CT) and he echoes what you said about Oriole fans like to mix it up with opposing fans. I’ve been to many Yankee/Red Sox games and fights are common place in the stands, concession lines, bathrooms, press boxes, wherever those two fan bases are congregated in numbers. The AL East has some great rivalries.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Angels fan...hate the yankees. I rooted for the Braves throughout the 90s when I moved away from California. that hr off Wollers was one of the worst moments in sport for me.
I’m loving the Angels this year. Trout, Ohtani, Pujols. What a cool team.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
Angels fan...hate the yankees. I rooted for the Braves throughout the 90s when I moved away from California. that hr off Wollers was one of the worst moments in sport for me.

That a boy. That's what kind of replies I'm looking for from Yankee hater's. :D OFC

"Meanwhile, Neagle was pitching shutout ball and the Yankees had only gotten two hits through five innings. The sixth inning, however, proved to be troublesome. Derek Jeter led off and hit a foul pop near first base. As McGriff and Mark Lemke chased the ball from the infield, right fielder Dye came in and the ball appeared to be playable for him. However, umpire Tim Welke had his back to Dye and inadvertently blocked him from getting to the ball, causing it to simply drop foul. Jeter promptly singled to start a three run rally"

I don't hate the Yankees or Red Sox. I definitely think they were one of the main culprits for ruining the game I loved. New owner and salary tax kind of put a dent in their ways and now I kind of just nothing them.

My top 3 MLB hate list consist of Nyjer Morgan, Johnny Cueto, and Phillies Fans. Boston fans are very close to making that list but I truly don't hate any teams.

Lifelong Yankee family.....Was spoiled in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Despite being a Bombers fan, I don't dislike the Sox. A lot of good baseball people have passed through Boston and I was happy to see them enjoy success...For example, even when he was beating us, I always had a respect for Terry Francona.

It's kinda like how I pull for anyone but unc. I pull for anyone but Yanks. Dad is a redsox fan so I guess that's where it comes from.

I grew up an Expo's fan...my team from day one in 1969..hated when they left for Washington in 04..Red Sox were my A.L.team,so they are number one for me now...I like the jays too,but head to head I cheer for Boston

The Yankees don't bother me as much now. But then again, they have been off as compared to what they were in the 90's and early 2000's. Playing softball during that time was challenging to say the least. Duke was struggling, which made it worse.
Both fan bases were breeding like rabbits. Making it worse, they would crow about their Heels and then all summer you'd have to listen to them crow about their Yankees.

No one on here despises the NYY more than I do. Cashman plays fantasy baseball with no salary cap and Torre was a genius despite being handed an All Star squad. The real fans have been priced out of the new stadium due to greed. The place is a mall.

Huge Yankee fan here. It always seems as though if you are from south of the state of Virginia you are a Braves fan. Is there nothing else down there??

I grew up an Expo's fan...my team from day one in 1969..hated when they left for Washington in 04..Red Sox were my A.L.team,so they are number one for me now...I like the jays too,but head to head I cheer for Boston
RIP Rusty Staub

Reactions: Canadian Dukie

In 1999, the kid carried us

In 1999, the kid carried us

The problem back then was Maddux and Glavine were almost unhittable all year, and stunk it up in the post season almost every year. I don't know their post season stats or ERA's, but I remember being dumbfounded at how many hits and runs they seemed to give up in the playoffs every year. Smoltz was the opposite, he was money in the post season

The problem back then was Maddux and Glavine were almost unhittable all year, and stunk it up in the post season almost every year. I don't know their post season stats or ERA's, but I remember being dumbfounded at how many hits and runs they seemed to give up in the playoffs every year. Smoltz was the opposite, he was money in the post season
Ultimately strike zone shrinks and Tom/Greg/Steve/Denny were location. Power pitchers rule in October. That's why Millwood had success in the late 90s.

1996 NLCS comeback versus St.Cardinals to end Ozzie Smith's career. Down 1-3. But we got the 3 Hall of Famers throwing.

Last edited:
That play was awesome...it looked like it took Sid 3' to get down that line!! I was a huge Ron Gant fan back then. My all time favorite Brave was the Murph. I wish he had made the Hall. I wonder if two more home runs may have done it?
I must admit, if Dale is your fav Brave then sir you are before my time. I was spoiled. Probably will never reach that mid 90's high again but I keep chasing it one tomahawk chop at a time.

Freeman is HOF worthy. We shall see. My favorite Brave since McCann

I must admit, if Dale is your fav Brave then sir you are before my time. I was spoiled. Probably will never reach that mid 90's high again but I keep chasing it one tomahawk chop at a time.

Freeman is HOF worthy. We shall see. My favorite Brave since McCann

Yeah, I became a fan in 1982.
McCann was great. I hated that we let him go.

i Hate them for trying to buy the World Series every year. My team the braves can’t keep 1 player it seems like . I do not follow much more so things may have changed . ...

Ever since basically the John Rocker timeframe I lost intrest. Crazy dude hahaha

That play was awesome...it looked like it took Sid 3' to get down that line!! I was a huge Ron Gant fan back then. My all time favorite Brave was the Murph. I wish he had made the Hall. I wonder if two more home runs may have done it?
2 time M.P.V. played the game the right way,should be in the Hall for sure

Reactions: DukefanKY
Hey Dukerules, looks like Reds did the right thing and fired Price. Had to after a 3-15 start. Rumor is we are getting Girardi. I’ll take that.

Favorite Brave is Andrew Jones...hit two homers off Yanks in first game of the World Series...that was gangster.

Awesome! And wasn't he like 19 years old or something? Seems like I remember him being the youngest player ever to do something. Hitting a home run his first at bat of a World Series or something like that?

Who can’t stand Colin Cowherd ? Or is it just me ? Be good topic lol. Maybe least favorite anaylist/media guy/ insider /radio? whatever something that u hate. Could write a book about what I hate about him...Ferret...this how bad I hate him . I gotta vent! Randomly

Last edited:
Yankees are playing well so far against the Twins. Stanton hasn't struck out, single and H.R. and through 5 2/3 did not give up a H.R. It's up to the bull pen to hold a 5-1 lead. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT