ADVERTISEMENT

Not enough Love for Luke Kennard

Feb 23, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm not seeing people talk much about Luke Kennard... Since he committed I just felt he was a huge get for Duke. I'd even go as far as saying he might be the most important freshman of this class... Ingram is probably better, but Kennard is probably here for more years.

I see him as a more athletic John Scheyer. Smart, always composed, can really score, shoot...

Anyway, I'm just extremely excited about this kid and wanted to share.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Kennard is a rare talent, just not among Duke basketball alumni and current players. He is yet another stud in a long line of ballers. He will thrive because he'll get open shots and he has the swag to cash in.

Reactions: Dukie_4_life
He got love in the game thread....he's still young and earning his.

Last edited:
I think he's gotten incredible amounts of love.

He's been compared to JJ alot around I'd call that some love!

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
I think Luke is a lot like Grayson last year where fans were already expecting so much from Jah, Tyus and Justise last year that Grayson somewhat got overlooked and to an extent I think the same could be the case with Luke because fans were expecting so much from Brandon, Chase and Derryck. Both Grayson and Luke were the lowest ranked of out of our 4 main recruits last season and this season, so they could get somewhat overlooked by some fans at times because of that. IMO

Reactions: DukeDenver
He was a huge get for Duke, and will make a lot of noise during his stay here! He has got "game" and is very fun to watch. I believe he will make an impact "this year", but then again, so will all of the frosh.
Going to be a "fun" year in Durham folks!! Can't wait to get started.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I don't think people are sleeping on Luke at all. I'd actually be surprised if he wasn't one of this team's top three scorers for the season. He has an uncanny way of just being able to put the ball in the basket. He's one of those guys who one night might score four points and you don't notice him, but the next game he hits five 3's and scores 20+.

Reactions: skysdad
2016 is going to be sick. I'm talking" holy mackeral" type sick. We are going to be L O A D E D .

Reactions: sgrooms
I don't think people are sleeping on Luke at all. I'd actually be surprised if he wasn't one of this team's top three scorers for the season. He has an uncanny way of just being able to put the ball in the basket. He's one of those guys who one night might score four points and you don't notice him, but the next game he hits five 3's and scores 20+.

Way to early in the season to start questioning things like this. We haven't even played our first regular season game yet. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT