ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll is Out

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
Duke moves up six spots to #12. Kind of around where I figured we'd be.

Gonzaga stays at #1, with Villanova, Kansas, Baylor and Arizona rounding out the top five.

Other ACC teams....Louisville at #9, the Heels are #10, Virginia at #14, Florida State dropping to 17 and Notre Dame coming in at 25.

Coaches poll should be out shortly.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Duke moves up six spots to #12. Kind of around where I figured we'd be.

Gonzaga stays at #1, with Villanova, Kansas, Baylor and Arizona rounding out the top five.

Other ACC teams....Louisville at #9, the Heels are #10, Virginia at #14, Florida State dropping to 17 and Notre Dame coming in at 25.

Coaches poll should be out shortly.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

That is a surprise. That's good though. With a couple of wins this week we should break back in to the top ten. OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
Strange that the conference would get potentially 10+ teams into the tournament per Lunardi yet none of them would be a #1 seed as projected today. I find it hard to believe that whoever wins the ACC wont be a #1 seed given the strength of the conference. Giving the B12 2 X #1 seems like an over reach too.

Strange that the conference would get potentially 10+ teams into the tournament per Lunardi yet none of them would be a #1 seed as projected today. I find it hard to believe that whoever wins the ACC wont be a #1 seed given the strength of the conference. Giving the B12 2 X #1 seems like an over reach too.
Yeah to me Baylor is at best a 2 seed.

This! That does not make any sense not to have a 1 seed from the ACC. Basically punishing the ACC for being so good. ACC should be represented in the top 3 or 4 seeds with regularity. It's that good this year.

I think the ACC tourney results will ultimately place us in the Big Dance.

If we win, then we are a lock at #2 with a chance at #1....depending on Sky's ability to grease the skids, if you get my meaning.

Reactions: sheyduke
I don't get it either not one team from the ACC gets a one seed?

It would be rather funny when it comes to the final four to see four teams standing from the ACC.

I don't get it either not one team from the ACC gets a one seed?

It would be rather funny when it comes to the final four to see four teams standing from the ACC.
As long as one of them isn't the wussy blue boys, I'd be down with that.

OFC

Baylor has now lost 3 of their last 5. It could be 4 losses in 6 games with Kansas coming to town. Baylor still merits the #1 seed because they played so well in the non-conference season; they went 13-0 with wins over Oregon, Louisville, Xavier, VCU, Michigan State, and Ole Miss. If they beat Kansas on Saturday, they'll still be on the one-line.

Reactions: Showenuff
With our record and resume, I think we are seeded about right. Check back in a few weeks when we've played the toughest stretch on our schedule. That "best wins" thread could look a lot different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT