Jan 10, 2018
saw this on the 247 board...figured I'd start it here:

Missouri over Xavier in round of 32
South Dakota State over OSU
Providence over UNC in round of 32
TCU over Michigan St IRO 32
NC State over Kansas....jk

thoughts?

If UNC gets upset early in the tournament then I hope it’s by Lipscomb in the round of 64 because they gave Wofford their first ever win over a top 25 team, so they might as well give Lipscomb their first ever tournament win in their first ever appearance in the tournament lol

The more people talk about Penn beating Kansas means it won't happen. KU players hear this talk and will try to demolish Penn.

A 16 will beat a 1 when you least expect it.

I just pray Duke isn't the first team to lose to a 16-seed.

If UNC gets upset early in the tournament then I hope it’s by Lipscomb in the round of 64 because they gave Wofford their first ever win over a top 25 team, so they might as well give Lipscomb their first ever tournament win in their first ever appearance in the tournament lol

Not going to happen, the refs will not allow it! Too much money on the line!

Loyola of Chicago over Miami
SD State over Ohio State
Arizona over UVA
Zags over Xavier

Davidson over Kentucky getting some love too from experts. I would love for that to happen.

Penn over Kansas could be a possibility. Supposedly Penn is the strongest 16 seed in quite some time, however, despite all of that noise I’m still picking Kansas in that matchup.

I know it’s NIT but northern Kentucky is beating Louisville 30-23 at half. This isn’t good for the ACC

Mighty UCLA is about to be taken down by St. Bonaventure. While I'm sure my Bonny cousins are thrilled, I don't think the Bruin fan base will be pleased.

Reactions: sheyduke
saw this on the 247 board...figured I'd start it here:

Missouri over Xavier in round of 32
South Dakota State over OSU
Providence over UNC in round of 32
TCU over Michigan St IRO 32
NC State over Kansas....jk

thoughts?

Mizzou over Xavier (if they can win 1st rd - not sure yet)
Providence over UNC
Loyola of Chicago over Miami.
Houston over Michigan
Murray St over West VA

One of three pac 12 teams go down with UCLA losing to the Bonnies. It was kinda like a home game for St. Bonaventure as the home town Dayton crowd pulled for the A 10. I live here in the Dayton area and they take their hoops very seriously. Arizona St. Plays tonight. I hope they win with Hurley at the helm. We will see what Zona has this weekend. Not an impressive conference. But Zona is supposed to be fired up and motivated.

Reactions: christophero
I have Stephen F. Austin taking Texas Tech down. They had two narrow losses on the road to Miss. State and Missouri, so I like their chances on a neutral court... SFA also shoots the ball well, they press, and Tech has been dealing with injuries.

I also like Marshall to take down Wichita State. Marshall has the leading shot-blocker in the country, they have two 20-point scorers, and Wichita State's defense is meh.

I like the Marshall Wichita State game as well with Marshall winning

The botom two?! The freaking bottom two would ne nice?! What about the the bottom three? Unless you got the 3rd from the bottom losing in round one or two, you got some setious explaning to do Canadian Dukie.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
500HP_Devil’s picks of the day!

Radford +23 vs Nova
Oklahoma +2 vs RI
Va Tech -2.5
SFA +11
Loy IL +2
UK -4.5

Welp, no Penn over KU! Tried to tell ya! Gotta keep it on the low

Reactions: dbav
Welp, no Penn over KU! Tried to tell ya! Gotta keep it on the low

See, no one thought UMBC would beat Virginia because everyone was too fixated on Penn. They kept it on the low and Boom!

Never thought uMBC would beat UVA...but I said all year no chance UVA wins NC...happens every year...you can’t score in the 50s almost every game and think you will survive six games in the tournament....it’s just not going to happen...somewhere and sometime you will have to score....UVA losing is no surprise to me...losing to UMBC the way they did is....

So what does Bennett do? Stay the course? Change things? Go to Wisconsin? Didn't he go to several Sweet 16s with Washington State? So it worked there.

So what does Bennett do? Stay the course? Change things? Go to Wisconsin? Didn't he go to several Sweet 16s with Washington State? So it worked there.

I guess he keeps winning the ACC and getting a #1 seed. In other words he doesnt change overall just a minor adjustment potentially. All this proves is that the regular season/conference tourny's and the NCAAT are two totally different kettles of fish and require different approaches. A one game struggle in the regular season means 12-1, in the tournament it means you are out and a headline.
I really like Bennett, he may take some heat from this but he may adjust his approach a little but it isnt broken for sure.

If Duke and Kentucky go on runs people will be saying that talent trumps experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT