ADVERTISEMENT

Maui Invitational 2018

sgrooms

All Conference
Jan 27, 2010
I know we had a few on here say they were headed to Maui.

Is anyone attending the coaches banquet? Was thinking of taking the family (incl. extended family), but wanted to see if its worth it before spending $200/ticket.

We’re not going this time around. We went in both ‘07 and ‘11.

As for the dinner/banquet....we did it the first time but not the second. It’s actually done outside, so it’s not like you can’t loiter and still watch. I’d go grab dinner someplace else, to be perfectly honest.

Thanks, dukiejay. Would you grab dinner somewhere else only because you've already experienced it, or is the experience itself just not worth it?

By the way, no luck with tickets through the Duke ticket office. I've had quite a few people tell me that they're pretty easy to score outside of the Civic Center, though. Here's hoping I find some there and don't have to shell out $700 a pop on StubHub.

I didn’t really think the experience was worth it, to be honest.

Like I said, the banquet is outside. People who paid nothing stood and got the same experience, minus the meal. And the meal wasn’t worth what we paid.

Reactions: sgrooms
I didn’t really think the experience was worth it, to be honest.

Like I said, the banquet is outside. People who paid nothing stood and got the same experience, minus the meal. And the meal wasn’t worth what we paid.
Agreed

I expect us to roll through Maui now. Thought Gonzaga would be a bloodbath, think our toughest possible matchup is now that 2nd round Auburn game.
We have never lost in Maui, right?

I expect us to roll through Maui now. Thought Gonzaga would be a bloodbath, think our toughest possible matchup is now that 2nd round Auburn game.
We have never lost in Maui, right?
Yep we’ve never lost in the Maui Invitational. We’ve played in and won it 5 times: 1992, 1997, 2001, 2007, 2011.

Yep we’ve never lost in the Maui Invitational. We’ve played in and won it 5 times: 1992, 1997, 2001, 2007, 2011.

Very impressive indeed. THE only thing I HATE about this streak is NONE of the Duke Maui Championship teams went on to win the NCAA Tournament :mad:

Very impressive indeed. THE only thing I HATE about this streak is NONE of the Duke Maui Championship teams went on to win the NCAA Tournament :mad:
True but 3 of the Maui Invitational Championships came the year after we won a championship. Hopefully that changes this season and we win both the Maui Invitational and the NCAA Championship

Reactions: jojozbludevilz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT