ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Richt

Willcampbell

Cameron Crazy
Oct 20, 2004
Mark Richt announced his retirement as football coach at the U. Somewhat surprising, since he's only 58. I thought he was a good hire for Miami because of his high morals and faith, and Miami needed someone to erase the reputation of criminality at the U. I have a feeling he will surface elsewhere.
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Wow lol. Says something about the pressure of big time college football. You get a lot of money and attention but it can get to a man sometimes. Miami expects to win a title every year but this is not the U as we knew it. Figuratively or literally.

The best football coaches are maniacs that look like businessmen who do nothing else but think about football. As an AD, I would be looking for a complete psycho in a nice suit to run my program.

Reactions: Mac9192
Surprising. I liked him at UGA bc they’re the one team I hope wins the SEC in football bc it pisses off the schools in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida.

He might pull an Urban Meyer and end up at another high profile school in a year or two.

I’m wondering if Richt knew he wasn’t going to be able to meet the expectations that the Miami program wanted and just decided to go on and back out. I think he will definitely be coaching somewhere again, maybe not at a high profile football program though.

I like Richt. This was a weird match from the beginning. I also think he gets another shot somewhere very soon.

If by UM you mean Miami, yes. I just thought it was a weird match given his reputation (as a classy guy) and the culture around Miami football over the last 30 years.[/QUOTE

Nevin Shapiro must be getting out of prison. Butch Davis and John Blake will be available. Then they can get back to being Thug U again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT