ADVERTISEMENT

Lively sets commitment date

Wow. Twin towers! Going to be interesting to see how Scheyer uses Lively and Filipowski!

I know you all know their games better than me. Would Dunleavy/Boozer be a good comparison?

Lively is a modern center in today’s game. Rebounds, defends, plays down low , runs the floor and can step outside if needed. Flip is more the traditional stretch four that can shoot and bring the secondary big away from the basket to open up the driving lanes and for Lively to operate down low. Twin towers exactly but let’s not forget so far Dukes 22-23 starting line up in the front court alone from 3-5 spot is going to be 6’8” and taller.

Duke is favored for both Mitchel and Starling.

Kyle is much stronger than Dunleavey. Better rebounder and probably will be better on D. Probably not quite as good a shooter or ball handler, but damn good for his size.

Lively is much taller, longer than Boozer. Better shooter from the perimeter, not as polished with his moves down low. Boozer also much stronger.

I don't see either as a McRoberts. Both are much better shooters.

I miss McBob
I loved the kid, i called him McNasty....that sophmore year stat line of 13ppg 8rebs 4ast 3blks 1stl was unmatched in college basketball that season iirc...better team success and maybe him in the 15-18ppg range may have made him more memorable for some..???

Reactions: christophero
McRoberts had a pretty good NBA career. He was a great passer and dunker. A true point forward.

I loved the kid, i called him McNasty....that sophmore year stat line of 13ppg 8rebs 4ast 3blks 1stl was unmatched in college basketball that season iirc...better team success and maybe him in the 15-18ppg range may have made him more memorable for some..???
Unfortunately most people only look at ppg as an indicator of how good a player is.His only weakness was that he was not a great shooter.

I don't see much of Boozer or Dunleavy or McRoberts in these guys. Flip is a better shooter than McRoberts who was probably a much better athlete. Dunleavy whom I loved was a tweener in college who could sky and handle the ball and I recall not being an inside guy at all.

The important thing is they get much better results than McRob at Duke and similar results as Boozer, maybe with a foul call at an opportune moment.

McRoberts was not surrounded by great teammates. Nelson was good. I watched a game recently and was shocked by Paulus's complete inability to drive past his man. Not to pick on Paulus, who I like but it was glaring.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
McRoberts was very good and very underappreciated. He got tough rebounds in traffic when it was him against the whole other team.
Like others said, unfortunately, he couldn't shoot/score other than dunking. And, he did have a weak team around him.
Never understood the Duke fans who were happy to see him go. I always thought that he was exactly what the 07-08 team needed. And then, we back off on Kevin Love, the other guy who would have pushed us over the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
McRoberts was very good and very underappreciated. He got tough rebounds in traffic when it was him against the whole other team.
Like others said, unfortunately, he couldn't shoot/score other than dunking. And, he did have a weak team around him.
Never understood the Duke Gans who were happy to see him go. I always thought that he was exactly what the 07-08 team needed. And then, we back off on Kevin Love, the other guy who would have pushed us over the top.
Plus his mom was smoking hot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT