ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Not Panic! What does the numbers say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dachampishere2

Cameron Crazy
Feb 15, 2017
Let's break down these numbers and kill a few myths that are going on around the team right now.

First let's look at defense. (These number come from teamrankings.com). The first three games without Bagley, our efficiency rating was 1.026 (for the year up until that point it was at 0.971). For the next three games, two of which included Bagley, our rating was .803 (better than the .833 Virginia has given up in their last 3 games). I'm just using Bagley in this because I'll move on to offense with and without him. The defense has gotten better because we switched to zone and that seems to work for this team better than man to man defense. The rating was 0.85 against Clemson and 0.68 against Syracuse. Think about that... Moving on to offense

Before Bagley went out, we had an offensive rating of 1.193. While he was injured we changed our offense around and made Grayson the point guard. The first 3 games our rating was 1.172. That's not a big dip and it was top 25 in that span. The last three games our rating has been 1.004. That's a big drop. Our rating for the year is now down to 1.168.

So here's my question to the people that say we are better without Bagley or him playing so much. Think about the numbers I just gave you. Based on those numbers we have been better on defense with Marvin back but worse on offense. We all know he's a better offensive player than defensive player. Looks like his absence and switching of roles is why our offense isn't where it should be. I hear a lot of "the ball doesn't move the same with Bagley back. Check this out... before Bagley got injured we averaged 18.5 apg. The three games after he got injured we averaged 13 apg. So tell me how did the ball move around better? We averaged 50.7% from the field with Bagley and 44% in the first three games he was injured. Against Louisville we shot 48% and had 16 assists. Now the only obvious thing that was a positive with him out was free throw shooting percentage. Only thing is the last 2 games he is 5 of 6 from the stripe.

In conclusion, we played our best defense of the year with Bagley back and our offensive efficiency has gone down since we changed up our offense. We need to keep running the zone defense and go back to the offense that was putting up the highest efficiency numbers (for Duke) since kenpom began. It only makes sense. Feel free to try and debunk anything I said

Last edited:
Let's break down these numbers and kill a few myths that are going on around the team right now.

First let's look at defense. (These number come from teamrankings.com). The first three games without Bagley, our efficiency rating was 1.026 (for the year up until that point it was at 0.971). For the next three games, two of which included Bagley, our rating was .803 (better than the .833 Virginia has given up in their last 3 games). I'm just using Bagley in this because I'll move on to offense with and without him. The defense has gotten better because we switched to zone and that seems to work for this team better than man to man defense. The rating was 0.85 against Clemson and 0.68 against Syracuse. Think about that... Moving on to offense

Before Bagley went out, we had an offensive rating of 1.193. While he was injured we changed our offense around and made Grayson the point guard. The first 3 games our rating was 1.172. That's not a big dip and it was top 25 in that span. The last three games our rating has been 1.004. That's a big drop. Our rating for the year is now down to 1.168.

So here's my question to the people that say we are better without Bagley or him playing so much. Think about the numbers I just gave you. Based on those numbers we have been better on defense with Marvin back but worse on offense. We all know he's a better offensive player than defensive player. Looks like his absence and switching of roles is why our offense isn't where it should be. I hear a lot of "the ball doesn't move the same with Bagley back. Check this out... before Bagley got injured we averaged 18.5 apg. The three games after he got injured we averaged 13 apg. So tell me how did the ball move around better? We averaged 50.7% from the field with Bagley and 44% in the first three games he was injured. Against Louisville we shot 48% and had 16 assists. Now the only obvious thing that was a positive with him out was free throw shooting percentage. Only thing is the last 2 games he is 5 of 6 from the stripe.

In conclusion, we played our best defense of the year with Bagley back and our offensive efficiency has gone down since we changed up our offense. We need to keep running the zone defense and go back to the offense that was putting up the highest efficiency numbers since kenpom began. It only makes sense. Feel free to try and debunk anything I said

"Whole squad looking...can't find the lie anywhere!"

Now if you only put this kind of effort into the basics of investing, you'd be much further along in knowledge!

Side note - blows my mind that everyone focuses on Bagley but overlooks how poorly Duval is playing (at least compared to what is expected). That said, Bagley got caught a few times being lazy last night and it cost Duke. Perhaps it's a sign of fatigue....

Reactions: pisgah101

In conclusion, we played our best defense of the year with Bagley back and our offensive efficiency has gone down since we changed up our offense. We need to keep running the zone defense and go back to the offense that was putting up the highest efficiency numbers since kenpom began. It only makes sense. Feel free to try and debunk anything I said
What you are not comprehending is other teams are adjusting. They now know our players weaknesses and strengths. VT totally took Bagley and Carter out of the game. You don't want to see that. You seem to think that things were a particular way earlier in the season, and that they should still be that way. When Duval and Delaurier are in the game, they aren't respected for their outside shot, so the lane gets packed.
What have the announcers been commenting on Bagley for a while? That he only wants to go left. So the 2 things a descent team are going to do to him is get physical, and try to make him go right.
K is the best, but he's not used to having 2 stud bigs at one time. Ball movement and shooters are the answer, or only one in at a time.
Last night, we couldn't get the ball inside to either one, making us really stagnant when you add to it Trent was woeful. Allen was the only one who was aggressive, Duval had foul trouble. Do you not think Allen wanted to get the ball to the bigs at all? The two of them couldn't move, so what did Grayson do? He forced a few things. Made it look to you and a few others that he blew the game.
We move the ball better, everyone will benefit.

What you are not comprehending is other teams are adjusting. They now know our players weaknesses and strengths. VT totally took Bagley and Carter out of the game. You don't want to see that. You seem to think that things were a particular way earlier in the season, and that they should still be that way. When Duval and Delaurier are in the game, they aren't respected for their outside shot, so the lane gets packed.
What have the announcers been commenting on Bagley for a while? That he only wants to go left. So the 2 things a descent team are going to do to him is get physical, and try to make him go right.
K is the best, but he's not used to having 2 stud bigs at one time. Ball movement and shooters are the answer, or only one in at a time.
Last night, we couldn't get the ball inside to either one, making us really stagnant when you add to it Trent was woeful. Allen was the only one who was aggressive, Duval had foul trouble. Do you not think Allen wanted to get the ball to the bigs at all? The two of them couldn't move, so what did Grayson do? He forced a few things. Made it look to you and a few others that he blew the game.
We move the ball better, everyone will benefit.

Problem number one is you listen to the announcers. Those same announcers say things like "Duke doesn't know how to play with two bigs". We have played 25 games with a 2 big lineup and was the number 2 offense in the country. So, you're taking credit away from Coach K. He had his best offensive rating since kenpom with these two bigs. Are you telling me all of a sudden the two big lineup isn't effective? Mind you we played Syracuse who plays the zone (to prevent you from just throwing the ball down low to yout bigs) and Virginia Tech prevented post entries on the block. Funny how we got away from high-low. You can't double on the high-low. So I guess that was a coaching error right? All year people having been knowing Duval is not a shooter but up until Bagley got hurt we were one of the best offenses. You are making no sense. Just say Coach K didn't make the necessary adjustment last night. We should've ran high low until they stopped it

When I invest, I want to make a profit off my investment. If I want to donate for tax purposes, I donate. See the difference.
No, no, no, you're either:

A) too lackluster in understanding all aspects of investing and/or financial principles

Or

B) don't have a high enough income level to have to be concerned with tax avoidance

Or maybe it's both. You've been called already, I was just poking a bit more at you. All good.

Problem number one is you listen to the announcers. Those same announcers say things like "Duke doesn't know how to play with two bigs". We have played 25 games with a 2 big lineup and was the number 2 offense in the country. So, you're taking credit away from Coach K. He had his best offensive rating since kenpom with these two bigs. Are you telling me all of a sudden the two big lineup isn't effective? Mind you we played Syracuse who plays the zone (to prevent you from just throwing the ball down low to yout bigs) and Virginia Tech prevented post entries on the block. Funny how we got away from high-low. You can't double on the high-low. So I guess that was a coaching error right? All year people having been knowing Duval is not a shooter but up until Bagley got hurt we were one of the best offenses. You are making no sense. Just say Coach K didn't make the necessary adjustment last night. We should've ran high low until they stopped it

What? Lol see 2014, 2010, 2002....all number 1 Offensive Efficiency. Lol.

No, no, no, you're either:

A) too lackluster in understanding all aspects of investing and/or financial principles

Or

B) don't have a high enough income level to have to be concerned with tax avoidance

Or maybe it's both. You've been called already, I was just poking a bit more at you. All good.

Once again if I invest in something I’m trying to make money off of it. That’s how I do when I invest in something. I’m into construction contracting and building. I can show you how to liquidate $2M in two years and I work with something called the New Market Tax Credit Program. But good try. I may be younger but I’m well schooled in how to make money.

What? Lol see 2014, 2010, 2002....all number 1 Offensive Efficiency. Lol.

Dang just when I thought you were smart. I said highest rated not ranking.

2002- 121.0
2010- 121.0
2014- 124.7
2018- 125.5 in late January. Now it’s 124.4.

Meaning we had the highest by any Duke team since kenpom started UNTIL we started tweaking things for Grayson. Nice try though

Dang just when I thought you were smart. I said highest rated not ranking.

2002- 121.0
2010- 121.0
2014- 124.7
2018- 125.5 in late January. Now it’s 124.4.

Meaning we had the highest by any Duke team since kenpom started UNTIL we started tweaking things for Grayson. Nice try though

No, called again, nice excuse though, nearly as credible as "tax avoidance isn't an investment....".

Once again if I invest in something I’m trying to make money off of it. That’s how I do when I invest in something. I’m into construction contracting and building. I can show you how to liquidate $2M in two years and I work with something called the New Market Tax Credit Program. But good try. I may be younger but I’m well schooled in how to make money.

$2M over 2 years? Young or old, you're struggling, especially if that's solely Commercial, regardless of low-income status. You're grasping - you're just not in an income range to need tax avoidance. Doesn't mean you're lesser than others that make more, just don't try to act educated on the topic/process.

$2M over 2 years? Young or old, you're struggling, especially if that's solely Commercial, regardless of low-income status. You're grasping - you're just not in an income range to need tax avoidance. Doesn't mean you're lesser than others that make more, just don't try to act educated on the topic/process.

I said I can SHOW you how to do that. You’re trying too hard. Just stop hahahaha. I see you didn’t bet that you don’t invest in the Duke basketball program though. Once again you’re just a fan.

Also the key word was RATING not RANKING. Let me guess you don’t know the difference between that like you don’t know the difference between donate and invest.

I said I can SHOW you how to do that. You’re trying too hard. Just stop hahahaha. I see you didn’t bet that you don’t invest in the Duke basketball program though. Once again you’re just a fan.

Also the key word was RATING not RANKING. Let me guess you don’t know the difference between that like you don’t know the difference between donate and invest.

Where did I state that's what you make directly? Please cite. Again $2M over 2 years in construction/development? Struggling even in low income areas. Wow. (Not to mention you don't sniff $1M annualized, let alone $100K)

So please show 2014 through your the entire season....let's just play your game for a second here.

This clown is funny though - he believes he's right in literally everything, even when getting taken to school.

It’s going to be ok. I know for a fact I know more about recruiting than you and how they’re dropping bags. You’ve probably NEVER been recruited before

It’s going to be ok. I know for a fact I know more about recruiting than you and how they’re dropping bags. You’ve probably NEVER been recruited before

I've never been recruited? Please prove it. We all know you've never been; you're too scared to admit it randomly lol. Besides my (or your) recruitment means sheot here - neither one of us are in the pros now in any sport.

And bags? Don't get dramatic here. Yes money exchanging hands, but bags? Hahaa...

I'm out for the night, I hope you get rest tonight since your job as developer/college recruiting analyst has to be exhausting.

Last edited:
Where did I state that's what you make directly? Please cite. Again $2M over 2 years in construction/development? Struggling even in low income areas. Wow. (Not to mention you don't sniff $1M annualized, let alone $100K)

So please show 2014 through your the entire season....let's just play your game for a second here.

You really don’t understand huh? The contractor doesn’t liquidate the money hahaha. I’m talking from a homeowner standpoint. You’re talking so much and trying to be smart when you don’t know. My best days are ahead. Just give up. If you ain’t trying to make this bet then I don’t want to talk.

And again we had the best rating until Bagley got hurt. That’s a fact.

I've never been recruited? Please prove it. We all know you've never been; you're too scared to admit it randomly lol. Besides my (or your) recruitment means sheot here - neither one of us are in the pros now in any sport.

And bags? Don't get dramatic here. Yes money exchanging hands, but bags? Hahaa...

You never been recruited to play anything. So stop it.

You really don’t understand huh? The contractor doesn’t liquidate the money hahaha. I’m talking from a homeowner standpoint. You’re talking so much and trying to be smart when you don’t know. My best days are ahead. Just give up. If you ain’t trying to make this bet then I don’t want to talk.

And again we had the best rating until Bagley got hurt. That’s a fact.

No sheot Sherlock; the contractor typically makes a profit on the work done, and shrewd ones point the investor to a property at a discount, in exchange for the rights to control and/or sub out the work to be done. Slow down and read the post again Einstein. $2M over 2 years is struggling, and if that's all you can point to, you'd be dropped in no time.

And best days are ahead? When rates rise and leveraged money becomes more expensive? If you couldn't dominate in recent years with record low rates, I feel for you.

Ouch.

No sheot Sherlock; the contractor typically makes a profit on the work done, and shrewd ones point the investor to a property at a discount, in exchange for the rights to control and/or sub out the work to be done. Slow down and read the post again Einstein. $2M over 2 years is struggling, and if that's all you can point to, you'd be dropped in no time.

Ouch.

Wow! Just trying so hard. Once again I’m not talking about how I make money. I said I can show someone how to liquidate $2M in 2 years who’s NOT a contractor. Maybe I should’ve said that for you to understand.

Woof, this one got dragged way off topic. What happened here?

He don’t know anything about basketball so he’s bringing up and old subject. He don’t want to bet. He’s doing a lot of talking but his money isn’t coming with him. As you can see I was talking Duke basketball

Wow! Just trying so hard. Once again I’m not talking about how I make money. I said I can show someone how to liquidate $2M in 2 years who’s NOT a contractor. Maybe I should’ve said that for you to understand.

Lol so now you're selectively leaving things out? What part don't you get? Pointing someone to those weak returns? You'd be dropped and/or ignored. Clear enough for you? Lol.

He don’t know anything about basketball so he’s bringing up and old subject. He don’t want to bet. He’s doing a lot of talking but his money isn’t coming with him. As you can see I was talking Duke basketball

You're responding most likely to Dattier or TheDude, both I have on ignore due to their instability (in all seriousness).

My money isn't coming with me? WTF are you talking about? Are you trying to compare money over a sports message board all while claiming you have to remain anonymous because the NCAA and Feds will find you?

Ps: "he DOESN'T want to...."
"AN old subject...."

You never been recruited to play anything. So stop it.

I was recruited!! I remember it well. 1984. They made me all these promises. Told me I was just the guy they were looking for. They put me on an airplane to Florida, and when I got there, there were a LOT of other recruits. I found out they used the same lines on them that they did me. The next thing I know, I'm in bed asleep, and some really mean guy comes in at 4:00 am kicking trash cans and yelling something about REVILEE REVILEE, get out of bed maggots!!! That was boot camp day 1!!!!

My money isn't coming with me? WTF are you talking about? Are you trying to compare money over a sports message board all while claiming you have to remain anonymous because the NCAA and Feds will find you?

I said bet money that you not investing in Duke athletics program. You have been avoiding that since I said it. We have come to the conclusion that you aren’t. That’s where this all started. You don’t know anything about this liquidating money and tax credit things I’m talking about. But if you got money then you go ahead and read up on the New Markwt Tax Credit. Enroll in that. It’ll help you out.

I was recruited!! I remember it well. 1984. They made me all these promises. Told me I was just the guy they were looking for. They put me on an airplane to Florida, and when I got there, there were a LOT of other recruits. I found out they used the same lines on them that they did me. The next thing I know, I'm in bed asleep, and some really mean guy comes in at 4:00 am kicking trash cans and yelling something about REVILEE REVILEE, get out of bed maggots!!! That was boot camp day 1!!!!

hahahahahahahaha

I said bet money that you not investing in Duke athletics program. You have been avoiding that since I said it. We have come to the conclusion that you aren’t. That’s where this all started. You don’t know anything about this liquidating money and tax credit things I’m talking about. But if you got money then you go ahead and read up on the New Markwt Tax Credit. Enroll in that. It’ll help you out.

I'm fully aware of the program you're referring too; nice touch but way too low in return opportunity.

Be careful, don't get nailed by the Feds man. ESPN would probably loved getting you pinched being a former D1 star athlete that was given $$$. We like having you around. Lol.

4-15 and forced 3's is all you need to know. Bagley messing up the offense is crazy. How does he affect 0-1 pass situations leading to terrible 3 point shots. We lost by 1 point yesterday every possession mattered and Allen and trent decided to chuck 3's all game long.

I'm fully aware of the program you're referring too; nice touch but way too low in return opportunity.

Be careful, don't get nailed by the Feds man. ESPN would probably loved getting you pinched being a former D1 star athlete that was given $$$. We like having you around. Lol.

Big money man! Haha. So are we betting or not? Do you invest money in the Duke athletic program or not? Don’t avoid the question.

Stars just get the most money. Everyone get money. I’m talking about in the revenue generating sports.

4-15 and forced 3's is all you need to know. Bagley messing up the offense is crazy. How does he affect 0-1 pass situations leading to terrible 3 point shots. We lost by 1 point yesterday every possession mattered and Allen and trent decided to chuck 3's all game long.
And I counted at least 3 of those 3's that were down and out. One of those goes, Dukes in a much better spot.

Big money man! Haha. So are we betting or not? Do you invest money in the Duke athletic program or not? Don’t avoid the question.

Stars just get the most money. Everyone get money. I’m talking about in the revenue generating sports.

Just don't get pinched. You're obviously a hot target since you can't come clean here.

People on here know me on FB - I don't need to prove myself to a has-been, struggling "contractor". We just all know you think investing is only involving a hard-dollar ROI, something that shows your drastic shortsightedness (or blatant idiocy).

I hope Rivals picks you up soon; rising rates will crush your income potential!

To sum it up we need all 5 starters to play better. We have the talent, that's a plus. Not like we're trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh#%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT