ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Bracketology from Lunardi

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Hope this stays the same. UNC has probably path of Murray State, Wichita State ,Kentucky and Wisconsin to win the Midwest.
Duke has Utah as a 4 seed, Gonzaga as a 2. Seed.
Can you imagine how loud UNC fans would whine about those draws?

Originally posted by acc hoops:
Hope this stays the same. UNC has probably path of Murray State, Wichita State ,Kentucky and Wisconsin to win the Midwest.
They're going to whine about any draw. Always do and always will. Doesn't matter whose in their bracket or whose in ours it's we have a cake walk and the committee screwed them. That along the horrible officiating is going to be something to witness. I've never have known a more entitled bunch of people. A few years ago I went to a baseball game here in my hometown of Elon, NC I grew up in Elon and even though I'm die hard Duke I support Elon if they don't play Duke even though Elon has played Duke in several sports. Well this day Elon was playing UNC at Elon and even though it was at Elon there were a lot more Tar Heel fans there than Elon had. I live in Tar Heel County, N.C. so it didn't surprise me. Here's the clincher. I put on the first baseball cap I could put my hands on when I left the house and it happened to be Duke cap. As I was entering the stadium a female Tar Heel fan made it a point to go out of her way and approach me. She was definitely of the whine and cheese crowd as she was dressed from head to toe in wussy blue. He actually stepped up to about a foot in front of my face and with a sour look and said to me"Duke is not playing today." " I replied but Elon is. Go Phoenix." She wanted so bad to say something else but did the turned up nose thing and walked off. The man she was with which I assumed was hubby just stood there and said nothing but followed her like an obedient child. By the way Elon won that day and I did make an effort to seek her out but was lost in a sea of wussy blue. You guys beginning to see why I have so much distaste for Tar Heel fans? OFC

10/24/81 I attended UNC/South Carolina football game. Having been given Rams Club tickets we were right in the middle of the UNC faithful.
Either Curry or Elkins was the QB for UNC. I will never forget the fans cheering when their own QB went down after a strong pass rush. The fans were cheering because they wanted a different QB but it was terrible sportsmanship.
UNC lost 31-10.

Originally posted by acc hoops:
I would LOVE that draw, but it won't happen.

And the notion of "easy path" to the title (the above draw included) is just flat out dumb to me. There is no such thing. There might be a preferable path, but never an easy one. It is just something idiotic fans say when a team they don't like wins. A team might get lucky and have an "easy draw" for the first couple rounds, but really after that it is about all. If you make it to the Final Four, no matter who you are playing, it is a team that has won four games in a row against NCAA-caliber competition. Beating them is not going to be "easy," ever. Doubly true in the championship game.

I've had this conversation with idiotic Heel fans about 2010. "Easy" in no way applies (I know it is just their pathetic way to downgrade a big Duke achievement, but I address it anyway). Beating Baylor (who beat three tournament teams to get there) in Texas. Beating a WVU team that won the Big East (when it was still at the top) and just knocked off a UK team with 5 draft picks - yeah, beating them is easy. And that Butler team - let me show you how good they were: the team that Duke beat lost a lottery pick, which was the first and only in school history, and the supporting cast around him was so good that they made it back to the championship game the next year. Duke beat the 2011 runner-up with an additional lottery pick! If you call that easy, in no uncertain terms, you are a total moron. But I digress.

I don't know if you've had a chance to watch Utah this year but they're very big and good defensively. That would be a tough #4 seed.

Originally posted by jnastasi:
I don't know if you've had a chance to watch Utah this year but they're very big and good defensively. That would be a tough #4 seed.
I was about to say! That is a hefty 4 seed. Utah lower than a 3 would be a travesty and would simply be nothing other than a set up game for some 1 seed.

Utah is scary good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT