ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle filipowski

It’s been said at length . Flip got badly exposed last year and his NBA work outs and measurements were not good at all and his athleticism is medium at best . He needed a center last season he could never play in the post . Off court issues to the side it was his subpar work outs and measurements that caused him to slip and it’s showing in summer league . He’s not in college anymore everyone on a summer league roster is trying to make a team .

It’s been said at length . Flip got badly exposed last year and his NBA work outs and measurements were not good at all and his athleticism is medium at best . He needed a center last season he could never play in the post . Off court issues to the side it was his subpar work outs and measurements that caused him to slip and it’s showing in summer league . He’s not in college anymore everyone on a summer league roster is trying to make a team .
Agree with this

Reactions: sheyduke
It seems like there's risk either way. You have guys like McCain and the Jones brothers who it worked out for but you also have Carey, Okafor, Whitehead, etc who are in the G League or headed there. These are top 5 rated guys. Flip will be there if he doesn't pick up his game, although I imagine Flip will work out. But it's far from a sure thing right now. Okafor is now playing in Mexico, but I had to google it.

Last edited:
It seems like there's risk either way. You have guys like McCain and the Jones brothers who it worked out for but you also have Carey, Oakafor, Whitehead, etc who are in the G League or headed there. These are top 5 rated guys. Flip will be there if he doesn't pick up his game, although I imagine Flip will work out. But it's far from a sure thing right now. Okafor is now playing in Mexico, but I had to google it.
Oak had issues with Dad, Organization and Perception. Carey is an unknown situation. He needs a Thibs type of coach to get him right. Whitehead needs to develop his game.

Oak had issues with Dad, Organization and Perception. Carey is an unknown situation. He needs a Thibs type of coach to get him right. Whitehead needs to develop his game.
Carey hasn’t panned out and really should have stayed four years. Okafor’s position was almost non existent in the league anymore . Most true centers you see are role players on the league . I think a lot of Whiteheads issue are not wanting to get injured again but with the Nets pretty much tanking this season this would be his best time to see the court.
Flip is going to have to pick it up badly to even remain in the gleague .

Carey hasn’t panned out and really should have stayed four years. Okafor’s position was almost non existent in the league anymore . Most true centers you see are role players on the league . I think a lot of Whiteheads issue are not wanting to get injured again but with the Nets pretty much tanking this season this would be his best time to see the court.
Flip is going to have to pick it up badly to even remain in the gleague .
There is a place for Oak if he's active and in shape.

There is a place for Oak if he's active and in shape.
I read an article where over the last ten years a lot of lottery picks( think it was bleacher report) have failed out the league . Okafor, never adapted ( imo) to the position less basketball moto. He still made his money but never developed a shot away from the basket . I remember I think it was when he went to the pelicans he was on a vegan diet looked in tip top shape and still got waived .

DJ Steward is tearing up the summer league, had 38 points. I gave him grief for leaving early, so I should give him credit. (that final four team could have used his shooting). He may get a 2 way from the Bulls, although it hasn't happened yet. One can dream, but Hurt and Steward coming off the bench in 22 and that team would cut the nets down.

Last edited:
Steward has produced in the g league and is much more athletic than Roach. His height is probably an issue.

You just never know. A soph. Steward probably takes a lot of shots, so maybe MSU takes us out. Plus no Keels. But Steward and Keels would have been nasty.

Reactions: jamsession2
From my phone
GRHAQvMWMAALULz
Wow! She's tall!

Jordan Tucker scored 12 points in a quarter for the 76ers.
I just realized Roach, Coleman and Brakfield will all be playing college basketball next year from that recruiting class

Last edited:
Jordan Tucker scored 12 points in a quarter for the 76ers.
I just realized Roach, Coleman and Brakfield will all be playing college basketball next year from that recruiting class
Thought Coleman graduated?

I read a while back he has a covid year
Roach, Coleman and Brakefield were all freshmen in 2020-21, along with Mark Williams, Jalen Johnson and D.J. Steward. The expectation was that Johnson was the only OAD and Duke would get multiple years from the rest. Duke did get four years from Roach and two from Williams but everyone else bailed after one season.

But Roach, Coleman and Brakefield do get a COVID bonus year this coming season. Just not at Duke.

Coleman has stayed 4 years at A&M, which is admirable these days. He has put up good, but not great numbers, around 12 and 7 from what I remember. He probably could have made money in the portal; who couldn't use a tough senior PF? That school is a big football school so I imagine they have a lot of NIL $. He has never really developed a jump shot; this seems to be something you either have or you don't with a few exceptions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT