ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle filipowski

Roach, Coleman and Brakefield were all freshmen in 2020-21, along with Mark Williams, Jalen Johnson and D.J. Steward. The expectation was that Johnson was the only OAD and Duke would get multiple years from the rest. Duke did get four years from Roach and two from Williams but everyone else bailed after one season.

But Roach, Coleman and Brakefield do get a COVID bonus year this coming season. Just not at Duke.
That year was a WASH! Brakefield and Coleman never had a position. The next recruiting class pushed them out.

Would a team of senior Williams, Coleman, Brakefield. Steward and Roach be better than last year's team? Possibly

Would a team of senior Williams, Coleman, Brakefield. Steward and Roach be better than last year's team? Possibly
No. Mark has stayed injured as a pro . I haven’t heard anything special about Brakesfield at ole Miss. Coleman would have been good as a backup but each season after he left I think he would have still been a transfer candidate. Not sure Steward ever wanted to be in college . Then there’s Roach . I think at the end of the day it still would have only been Roach staying . Remember Mark flirted with leaving after his freshman season .

No. Mark has stayed injured as a pro . I haven’t heard anything special about Brakesfield at ole Miss. Coleman would have been good as a backup but each season after he left I think he would have still been a transfer candidate. Not sure Steward ever wanted to be in college . Then there’s Roach . I think at the end of the day it still would have only been Roach staying . Remember Mark flirted with leaving after his freshman season .
Coleman would've been a solid backup, but could've push some our recruits elsewhere. Brakesfield and J. Johnson were the same player in my opinion. His development at Ole Miss has been 50/50.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT