ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky in full meltdown mode; Cal throws player under bus on Twitter

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
Coaches should stay away from Twitter. Players First, though. Imagine the outcry if K did this to one of his players publicly. Well, you know how that would go down. Please don’t hold Cal accountable for the players he recruit and his 1-5 record.

Reactions: tw3301
Damn, the monster Cal created is eating him. Dude has time to take shots at Duke but can’t even control his own locker room. Maybe K never taking his bait was the best strategy. Cal is being brought down from the inside.

And sources close to the program indicate Calipari is currently in a power struggle with multiple other key players on this roster.

Terrence Clark’s mom did not send her son to UK to play like Carlton Banks!

Maybe I should read more about it. I meant taking steps to not lose control of his team. The story would have got out anyway. You mean issue a statement instead. That makes sense.

It’s always about him. Just like Saban and Dabo in football. When he loses he has to blame it on someone because it couldn’t be him

Reactions: Quavarius
It’s always about him. Just like Saban and Dabo in football. When he loses he has to blame it on someone because it couldn’t be him

Saban and dabo? Really?

They both take blame when something goes bad...which it don't much for either...sounds like you don't like them for some reason lol

Maybe I should read more about it. I meant taking steps to not lose control of his team. The story would have got out anyway. You mean issue a statement instead. That makes sense.

Like most coaches have issues with players running to Twitter to express their emotions, I expected better from a coach. Nate Oats and Cal are acting as immature as their players and they’re supposed to be grown men. But yeah, I’m sure UK has a PR department to handle stuff like this. Also, the kid apologized.

Like most coaches have issues with players running to Twitter to express their emotions, I expected better from a coach. Nate Oats and Cal are acting as immature as their players and they’re supposed to be grown men. But yeah, I’m sure UK has a PR department to handle stuff like this. Also, the kid apologized.

The more I think about it I wish they would have went ahead a just let John Chaney go ahead and whip Cal's rear end back in the day. That would have been a pleasure to watch. OFC

It’s nice knowing that I don’t have to worry about uk or unc winning the title this year... and Maryland continues to be irrelevant. Love it!

The more I think about it I wish they would have went ahead a just let John Chaney go ahead and whip Cal's rear end back in the day. That would have been a pleasure to watch. OFC

im trying to like your post 1,000 times but it’s only allowing me to like it once:mad:

Reactions: skysdad and RHFD
This is true as well. Remember how UK fans (and others) dogged us for not getting to a Final Four with the No.1 recruiting class. Well guess who had the No. 1 class this year....

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
One of my all time favorite quotes

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy" MLK

We shall find out who Cal really is now

I can't wait to beat UK by around 34 points next year in the Champions Classic.

Whew, it’s certainly looking like that again. With a win next season, I think we would tie the all-time series with Kentucky at 12-12 IIRC.

Reactions: jwill133
all this turmoil Kentucky is going through couldn't have happened to a more deserving and idiotic fan base haha! Their men's basketball team is all kentucky fans have. I hope they lose the rest of their games this season.

I know we still have a long ways to go, but I bet UK fans would have wished the NCAA would have adopted K’s idea by letting every school into the NCAA Tournament this year. Looks like K was looking out for Calipari, lmao

It’s all about the public...like, when somebody asks why he isn’t playing, THEN if you wanna tell the world the reason, tell them! AND honestly CAL, nobody really cares, except your inbreed fan base maybe. When intoxicated/facing adversity everybody’s true colors show lol

One thing I’ll never forget is Cals pregame Vince McCann strut walking Into the arena in 2018. Then that :0 face shot of him on the sidelines at the end of the game😂 118-84 will never be forgotten or topped

Mannn he was strutting in there! Shoulders. we’re whipping , chicken necking, but left with a booger lip hanging from a ass kicking! Shoulda been a rapper😂

One thing I’ll never forget is Cals pregame Vince McCann strut walking Into the arena in 2018. Then that :0 face shot of him on the sidelines at the end of the game😂 118-84 will never be forgotten or topped

When Zion blocked/snuffed/arm swallowed/whatever the right phrase is to that dude, then did that bounce pass to RJ... the players are going nuts, the fans are howling, and then the camera zooms in right on Cal's face. I can't even describe it... it was like he was shellshocked, embarrassed, stunned. Pantsed in front of a national audience.

Whatever the description, it was priceless.

I actually have nothing against Cal, especially compared to those cheating boys down the road. However if he is trying to become more respectable, reacting to adversity like a 13 year old girl (and I have just insulted 13 year old girls) is not the way to improve his public persona.

I actually have nothing against Cal, especially compared to those cheating boys down the road. However if he is trying to become more respectable, reacting to adversity like a 13 year old girl (and I have just insulted 13 year old girls) is not the way to improve his public persona.
My only issue with Cal were his lil jabs at Duke and then when questioned, he’d say “I was talking in general.” Not man enough to admit it.
Gotta say, K is winning the war without even firing a shot. I keep forgetting K went to Army!

It gets better. Calipari recently said something to the effect of ESPN wanting Kentucky to lose. Predictably, this was followed by UK’s conspiratorial fanbase, who began regurgitating their classic inferiority complex theory of ESPN giving Duke and UNC preferential treatment. Which is absurd, given the yearly exposure ESPN gives to Kentucky. From a fanbase known for having a tenuous grasp on reality, they’re outdoing themselves this year. Schadenfreude. It’s kinda fun to watch.

It gets better. Calipari recently said something to the effect of ESPN wanting Kentucky to lose. Predictably, this was followed by UK’s conspiratorial fanbase, who began regurgitating their classic inferiority complex theory of ESPN giving Duke and UNC preferential treatment. Which is absurd, given the yearly exposure ESPN gives to Kentucky. From a fanbase known for having a tenuous grasp on reality, they’re outdoing themselves this year. Schadenfreude. It’s kinda fun to watch.

Cal blaming everyone for their 1-5 start except himself. Yeah, ESPN coaches and miss those shots for UK [insert eye roll here]

When Zion blocked/snuffed/arm swallowed/whatever the right phrase is to that dude, then did that bounce pass to RJ... the players are going nuts, the fans are howling, and then the camera zooms in right on Cal's face. I can't even describe it... it was like he was shellshocked, embarrassed, stunned. Pantsed in front of a national audience.

Whatever the description, it was priceless.
I’ll never forget that face hahahah

Yea I saw that. Vitale even called him out for it. Lol! Cal and uk are falling of the rails! I can’t help that I’m enjoying it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT