ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky in full meltdown mode; Cal throws player under bus on Twitter

Goodman goes off on Calipari

He can’t be that stupid or think everybody’s that stupid. So the media caught wind of it...SO let them come out with it BEFORE you go on social media and address it! What difference does it make before or after!?! ? NONE. “Tryna get ahead of the media” BS!! Lmao

Reactions: Quavarius
No, his but cheeks are tightening becuase he’s 1-5 and looking for a scapegoat pity party...about to be 1-6:)

Honestly, I’m trying to put myself in his shoes and I just don’t get it....I don’t understand why he did that....I don’t much get it. I guess if he continues losing he’s gonna continue to throw players under the bus which HE recruited 😂🤷‍♂️

I doubt Cal stays there more than another year. Next year will be even worse for UK. He is still getting very good recruiting classes but his system does not work without the very best talent. They will have a 2 or 3 year drop off IMO. I doubt they even make the NIT this year.

And?
A broken clock is right twice a day

Sorry dude but it just cracks me up when someone hammers duke or K most despise the person...but when they do it to UNC or UK then that person is exactly right and these same people all the sudden agree and back his talk..

WHO CARES if someone hammers us? How does it affect your life at all...and if by chance it does well that's just sad

Sorry dude but it just cracks me up when someone hammers duke or K most despise the person...but when they do it to UNC or UK then that person is exactly right and these same people all the sudden agree and back his talk..

WHO CARES if someone hammers us? How does it affect your life at all...and if by chance it does well that's just sad
And yet you’re worried about who likes/don’t like someone as if it affects your life. Why does it matter to you if it doesn’t affect your life? WHO CARES? YOU DO!

And yet you’re worried about who likes/don’t like someone as if it affects your life. Why does it matter to you if it doesn’t affect your life? WHO CARES? YOU DO!

Sorry clown but if you could actually read I said it cracks me up....morons like you crack me up...get it now why I replied? I'll repeat again for you IT CRACKS ME UP....Meaning it makes me laugh...i.love humor and hypocrites....and you moron are both

Sorry clown but if you could actually read I said it cracks me up....morons like you crack me up...get it now why I replied? I'll repeat again for you IT CRACKS ME UP....Meaning it makes me laugh...i.love humor and hypocrites....and you moron are both
He mad :D

Reactions: Devilinside
They are turning on Sarr as well. On paper he seemed like the missing piece for them.

Now it’s his “scheduling to hard early”lmao! Hey it’s a baby step in the right direction though, he blamed himself...sorta😂 this is gonna get better and better

Now it’s his “scheduling to hard early”lmao! Hey it’s a baby step in the right direction though, he blamed himself...sorta😂 this is gonna get better and better

Bahaha @ Richmond, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech being hard.

Kansas (CC), UNC (CBSSports Classic) and UL (in-state rival required by the Governor that they play) were not in his control.

When Zion blocked/snuffed/arm swallowed/whatever the right phrase is to that dude, then did that bounce pass to RJ... the players are going nuts, the fans are howling, and then the camera zooms in right on Cal's face. I can't even describe it... it was like he was shellshocked, embarrassed, stunned. Pantsed in front of a national audience.

Whatever the description, it was priceless.

I legit think that's the best we played as a team that whole season.

We woulda coulda shoulda have won a NS that year. Not the first time Duke had the best team in the nation and it did not work out. Can I suggest a best out of seven series beginning some time in the future. Kentucky, they are in for a rough few years. I think Cal is going to run away.

I doubt Cal stays there more than another year. Next year will be even worse for UK. He is still getting very good recruiting classes but his system does not work without the very best talent. They will have a 2 or 3 year drop off IMO. I doubt they even make the NIT this year.

I hope the Blue Devils add to Kentucky’s misery next season by beating Kentucky by 35+ points in the 2021 Champions Classic

Reactions: Quavarius and RHFD
We woulda coulda shoulda have won a NS that year. Not the first time Duke had the best team in the nation and it did not work out. Can I suggest a best out of seven series beginning some time in the future. Kentucky, they are in for a rough few years. I think Cal is going to run away.

That team had a couple of major flaws--bad three-point shooting and an over-reliance on two primary scorers (going into that season no team, since 64-team expansion I think, had won a national championship if it had two players scoring over 50% of the team's PPG, which is what we had that year IIRC).

But we were still the best team in the country, mostly because of the unicorn. He was such a unique player I thought maybe he could carry us to the title despite those flaws.

I still think Reddish could've been incorporated into the offense better. Some of that was on him and some of that was on the coaches.

But to his credit, in one of those 'Earn Everything' episodes, Coach K told the guys that, with the offense we'd run, we would get open 3's and we needed to make them. I remember him saying, "Learn to love the gym," i.e. get tons of shots up. Put the work in.

We didn't have enough guys do that, I suspect. I mean I certainly don't know that for a fact but our three-point shooting weakness suggests we didn't.

Last edited:
I certainly agree that lack of 3 point shooting stopped the season. I have no idea how that happened.

We didn’t have any really strong consistent outside shooters (emphasis on consistent). Barrett, for all his strengths, wasn’t that good from outside, although he took more than his share of outside shots (and admittedly could get streaky hot), Jones hadn’t developed his outside shot yet, AOC was too poor defensively to get enough PT to become consistent, and Jack White’s shooting fell off a cliff after the Clemson game. As we found out after the season, Cam was dealing with injuries all season, and never got his rhythm. And Joey was kept in the stable but for a couple of cameo appearances, apparently because his D wasn’t up to the task. A lot of what if’s...

Reactions: skysdad
Let's face it, Zion was an unbelievable surprise in a good way, but Cam and RJ were let downs and Tre couldn't hit a thing and had no confidence in his shot by the end of the year. I thought RJ would be a transcendent star. Instead he was really good but a black hole. It was a team that didn't fit together well.

Let's face it, Zion was an unbelievable surprise in a good way, but Cam and RJ were let downs and Tre couldn't hit a thing and had no confidence in his shot by the end of the year. I thought RJ would be a transcendent star. Instead he was really good but a black hole. It was a team that didn't fit together well.
RJ was a consensus first team AA, all ACC and even won a NPOY, the only one Zion didn’t get. The hate or lack of appreciation for RJ is astounding. We don’t need to prop up Zion by squatting on RJ.

I would’ve appreciated RJ a little more if he couldve missed a FT when trying to miss it and made a FT when trying to make it lol

RJ just thought he was the best player on the floor too much for me . I wanna say he took the most shots ever in a season at Duke. Too many bad shots! He took 6 3s pg, shooting a whopping 30%. 60% from the FT line. He was an elite finisher early, got exposed late. He won some meaningless games for us, but he lost some games for us too! :( Really good player, but not even in my top 20 I’ve seen play at Duke...And I’m young:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT