ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas/WVU

I would love to see Duke play @ Kansas. That would be an absolute bucket list item!

KU up by 5 already in OT. This one is over.

Huge comeback by Kansas. That backcourt they have will be dangerous in March and Jackson is a a stud.

I used to dislike Huggins but I've grown to respect him for getting his teams to play great defense and always play hard. Never gets top ranked recruits but if they can beat Kansas once and almost beat them at the Phog, then they are a top team for sure.

That's one of those losses that can be season-changing for West Virginia. Just a complete and utter collapse. It was 64-50 with 2:25 left.

Reactions: dukehokie
I used to dislike Huggins but I've grown to respect him for getting his teams to play great defense and always play hard. Never gets top ranked recruits but if they can beat Kansas once and almost beat them at the Phog, then they are a top team for sure.
His disciple, Frank Martin, is doing similar work at South Carolina.

I would love to see Duke play @ Kansas. That would be an absolute bucket list item!

KU up by 5 already in OT. This one is over.

They used to have a home and home back in 1988 and 1989.

In 1988, the year that Kansas won the National Title Duke played out there and the Jayhawks jumped out to a big lead early lead. Something like 23-8 before Duke settled in and came back. Duke won in overtime 74-70 behind a great game from Danny Ferry and Quin Snyder. Danny Manning was 0-3 vs Duke after this game but would finally get revenge in the Final Four as the Jayhawks won 66-59 once again jumping out to a big early lead before Duke came back.

In 1989 in Cameron with Roy coaching his first Kansas team, it was all Duke 102-77.

That's one of those losses that can be season-changing for West Virginia. Just a complete and utter collapse. It was 64-50 with 2:25 left.

I did like the way the West Virginia kids came together after the hand shake, they have good leadership and they know they just blew it from the looks on there faces but at the same time it did not appear to be devastation in their eyes.....Huggins will get them back, he may not be the most popular from outside fan bases (I went to K-State and went to several games while he coached there), but his kids will not quit on him, they love playing for him. You can not be weak minded and last a week in his program at all!

Good game until over time.

I have no love for WVU ever since the Alexander kid made the comment after beating Duke that," Duke is a good school but I don't think they could compete in the big East!"

I thought it was funny when we met the very next year and beat them by twenty!

Reactions: SoCal Dukie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT