ADVERTISEMENT

Justise

He’s actually played really well the last month or so....with a few below-average games mixed in there. But he had a stretch in early December where he scored 23/night over a three game stretch. Right now, Spoelstra is using him as the Heat’s starting PG.

Whoa didn’t know that. Going to Miami the end of January May have to go check a game never seen the NBA

I'm so glad to see Justise doing well! He is definitely one of my favorite Duke players. And this thread gives me an excuse to bring this gif out from the vault. He may not be Zion, but the man is a highriser!

4yy1qiC.gif

OFC

OFC

Sometimes it may take a while for a player like Justis to develope. What year is this for him in the league 4th? What if he had stayed at Duke would he be at the same process level as he is now? Who knows? OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The Ringer NBA show has been singing his praises. He is a smart young man. I’m glad he is being used as more than an athlete. He can create.

I think I read somewhere that when he was going through the draft process one or two executives said his interview was the best they'd ever heard.

He'll always be a favorite, no matter what he does in the NBA. That said, definitely happy for him that he's playing so well.

Justise had the best game to translate to the pros after 2015. Glad to see he’s doing great. He has the skills to run point.

Also worth mentioning: Tyus and Jah both started last night for their teams and Tyus had a solid stat line. Okafor's minutes have been going up lately in New Orleans and he has had some very good numbers during that stretch.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Also worth mentioning: Tyus and Jah both started last night for their teams and Tyus had a solid stat line. Okafor's minutes have been going up lately in New Orleans and he has had some very good numbers during that stretch.

Tyus has been playing well. It’s gotten to the point where I prefer him over Teague.

Jahlil is playing more with Mirotec hurt, and last night Davis was out, too. When those two are healthy he’ll go back to a lot of DNP-CDs. Although, last night you could see early he was playing with more fire going against KAT. He played well out of the gate; just picked up three early fouls and never really got into a flow again.

Tyus has been playing well. It’s gotten to the point where I prefer him over Teague.

Jahlil is playing more with Mirotec hurt, and last night Davis was out, too. When those two are healthy he’ll go back to a lot of DNP-CDs. Although, last night you could see early he was playing with more fire going against KAT. He played well out of the gate; just picked up three early fouls and never really got into a flow again.
Maybe my hairbrain Tyus prediction from last year will come true... still a long way to go.

Maybe my hairbrain Tyus prediction from last year will come true... still a long way to go.

Tyus still needs to get stronger and become a better shooter. I don’t see him as a starting PG for a playoff team, but he’s carved out enough of a niche that he’s going to get paid with a contract after this season.

He’s actually played really well the last month or so....with a few below-average games mixed in there. But he had a stretch in early December where he scored 23/night over a three game stretch. Right now, Spoelstra is using him as the Heat’s starting PG.
I'm not a Heat fan what so ever, but Spoelstra is a helluva coach!

Justise did a instagram live convo with Nolan for the weekly brotherhood one on one. Basically watching a couple guys chop it up, cool for Duke fans.

Justise is best when the ball starts in his hand, same as it was at Duke. He’s a straight line player that uses his physical strength to gain an advantage. He’s not going to shake you down off the dribble but all he needs is the slightest of angles and it’s going to result in something positive. He was a decent passer and an average shooter. He was best out in transition with the ball in his hands. Once he gets you moving back, he’s won. Assuming he’s tightened up his dribble to be serviceable I actually really like the idea of him at the point.

Part of the reason I love watching Zion so much this season is that his help defense reminds me so much of Justise’s During that championship season. Two straight DOGS that are relentless on that end of the floor. It’s often mentioned, but Justise was the true X factor on that championship team.

I might as well open up my vault a little more. I have quite a few Justise pics.

OWp0jto.gif

f5EzjBy.jpg

kbxS2Jm.jpg

MmOHlR5.jpg

I don't know why I didn't label this gif as 'Here Comes Da Judge'. And for any of the younger guys out there that don't know...that's a GTO 'The Judge' Pontiac. Notice the license plate (if you can make it out) I added!

5agdxTd.gif

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT