ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Goldwire commits

Good for Goldwire. I hope he does well.

Can someone explain this to me? Jordan became a good story, under recruited kid who came to Duke and worked himself into a solid ACC player. He becomes a team leader and Coach 'K' rewards him with a ton of minutes. Now he transfers for his final year?? Jordan was a good player but often his offensive deficiencies were magnified by the extensive minutes he played imo. The only thing I can figure is that he believes he can get more shine at OU thus elevating his stock beyond college. I like Jordan and wish him well but I just don't understand this move. All the best to him irregardless.

Reactions: ioliva
Can someone explain this to me? Jordan became a good story, under recruited kid who came to Duke and worked himself into a solid ACC player. He becomes a team leader and Coach 'K' rewards him with a ton of minutes. Now he transfers for his final year?? Jordan was a good player but often his offensive deficiencies were magnified by the extensive minutes he played imo. The only thing I can figure is that he believes he can get more shine at OU thus elevating his stock beyond college. I like Jordan and wish him well but I just don't understand this move. All the best to him irregardless.

Yeah it really sucks. Crazy how we let him go. We really needed some true vet experience in the backcourt.

Guess Porter Moser has him convinced that Sister Jean’s prayers will give him a jump shot that’s accurate over 40% from the 3 point line.

Duke didn’t let him go. Jordan left on his own accord. Maybe he just wanted a bigger opportunity someplace else?

Should’ve fought to keep him here. Can’t prove it but IMO the staff didn’t try to convince him to stay apart of the program and shoot for a championship. Another year where we’ve got some freshman studs, yet little to no valuable vet experience.

Wish he would have stayed but no way would he have gotten 28.5 minutes a game like he did this year. Last year he got 24.1. I wish him well as a Sooner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT