ADVERTISEMENT

Jeter transfers

Daddy not happy..

7_5297645.png

Hopefully hes talking about injuries.

Really doesn't matter what his dad is referring too. Good luck to Chase. By he time he suits up again he will be the equivalent of a senior, hope it works out for him.

Christ what is it with these crazy families? Thornton, Frank(rumors), and chase.
There are a lot of crazies when it comes to their kids. Ever been to a youth wrestling tournament? It should be required for all psych majors to attend one or two of these.
That said, if dad thinks Chase was one of the best bigs in the country then he is crazy.
I wish Chase nothing but the best.

I hope he stays healthy, but also hope he has a terrible 2 seasons of basketball at Arizona.

It will be interesting to see his development. A lot can happen in 18 months. As of right now, he's capable enough of being a quality backup for just about anyone. I would have liked to have seen him transfer to a Mountain West schhool, maybe Nevada/UNLV/San Diego State, as I'm not 100% sold that he'll get starter-minutes at a program like Arizona.

Good luck chase

Duke's record with kids from the west (west of texas anyway) isn't that great for kids that aren't one and done (only jackson, though that might be an odd criteria) ...

Jackson - one and done
Jeter - 2 years and out
D Thornton - 1 year and out
Ojeleye - 2 years and out
Czyz - 2 years and out
King - 1 year and out
Singler - 4 years - yay!
Boykin - 2 years and out
Nelson - 4 years - yay!
Williams - 4 years - yay!

one NBA early entry, 3 who stayed four years (with tons of success) and 6 who transferred in the last 15 years

No idea why that is, though most of the transfers (Thornton and maybe King excepted) didn't play much as freshman

Just thought it was interesting

Reactions: DukeDenver
To that dad, for the parting shot at Duke I say good riddance. All the best to Chase(outstanding youngster), but by all means "Go (back) West Young Man!"

OFC

Reactions: dbav
"best bigs in country"? Chase seemed like a great kid but was borderline serviceable on his best days.

Good luck chase

Duke's record with kids from the west (west of texas anyway) isn't that great for kids that aren't one and done (only jackson, though that might be an odd criteria) ...

Jackson - one and done
Jeter - 2 years and out
Czyz - 2 years and out
King - 1 year and out
Singler - 4 years - yay!
Boykin - 2 years and out
Nelson - 4 years - yay!

one NBA early entry, 3 who stayed four years (with tons of success) and 6 who transferred in the last 15 years

No idea why that is, though most of the transfers (Thornton and maybe King excepted) didn't play much as freshman

Cherokee Parks 4 years

I wish Chase well but I had good seats for the FSU debacle and I think Chase may have set some kind of record for getting dunked on in a game. :)

Good luck chase

Jackson - one and done
Jeter - 2 years and out
Czyz - 2 years and out
King - 1 year and out
Singler - 4 years - yay!
Boykin - 2 years and out
Nelson - 4 years - yay!

Depends on how far back you go...

Mark Alarie, 4 years
Jay Bilas, 4 years
Chip Engelland, 4 years
Quin Snyder, 4 years
Erik Meek, 4 years
Cherokee Parks, 4 years
Trajan Langdon, 4 years
Ricky Price, 4 years
Taymon Domzalski, 4 years

Carlos Boozer, 3 years and done
Mike Dunleavy, 3 years and done

Chris Burgess, 2 years and out

"One of the better bigs". LMAO, I'll have what he's smoking.
was he not one of the better bigs in HS? If he wasn't then why was he recruited by a tremendous recruiter like Capel (I mean that genuinely)? I just don't think that Capel or any of the staff would miss that big.

Depends on how far back you go...

Mark Alarie, 4 years
Jay Bilas, 4 years
Chip Engelland, 4 years
Quin Snyder, 4 years
Erik Meek, 4 years
Cherokee Parks, 4 years
Trajan Langdon, 4 years
Ricky Price, 4 years
Taymon Domzalski, 4 years

Carlos Boozer, 3 years and done
Mike Dunleavy, 3 years and done

Chris Burgess, 2 years and out

That is a very good point. Maybe location doesn't really matter that much, and so many more kids transfer now than before so it just looks that way.

I kinda get why most of the people have transferred, but i'd rather have kept them.

I'm not gonna laugh at Chase, I think he will end up being a really good player. One of the best bigs? Nah, but he did do some good things when he was in there for us. Dads love their sons. As long as he doesn't go plum bat-shit crazy cracking on Duke, I can take it. Good luck Chase.

Is arizona taking a shot at Duke, with their @aplayersprogram

That is a very good point. Maybe location doesn't really matter that much, and so many more kids transfer now than before so it just looks that way.

I kinda get why most of the people have transferred, but i'd rather have kept them.

A combo of location and more of a willingness to transfer. The game has changed and so has the game within the game a.k.a. recruiting.

Is arizona taking a shot at Duke, with their @aplayersprogram

Yes. Coaches around the country continue to talk about Duke as if K is the only coach to want things done his way and that's it. It's a stupid pitch that a lot of kids buy into. Any coach worth his salt wants things done his way. It's stupid.

Reactions: christophero
It was painful to watch "one of the better bigs in college basketball" play like a piece of glass ready to break

I'm pretty sure Arizona has had that slogan since Sean Miller has been there. How is it a shot at Duke specifically?

They got an unhappy, little utilized, highly ranked, transfer from Duke. Just seemed convienent.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT