ADVERTISEMENT

Investment question...

smashmouth5

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 25, 2001
All right folks, with the markets in turmoil I'm thinking about taking the plunge. I have no idea what I'm doing but I heard a well respected investor say, the best time to sell is when everybody is cheering and the best time to buy is when people cry. I have been thinking about doing this for a while and now seems the time to find some deals. I'm thinking about using Ameritrade. Any suggestions would be welcome and don't forget this is basicly investment for dummies.

Saw a Dave Ramsey video a few days ago and he said if you like the market jump in now! That’s all I got LOL I plan to jump in in a little bit but kinda want to wait a touch longer. I’ll probably be late to the game tho

Reactions: smashmouth5
The market is down, but not as low as it’ll go over the next few months so mentally prepare for hits even after you start. The first day this all went down I moved all 401k’s for me and wife and our IRA’s to money market, sold some stock but held other stock. That said I’m still buying in at current values and will throughout the storm.

Someone, somewhere wants to bring our markets/economy to its knees. It’s working so far but I expect a big rebound once we see settling data showing this virus isn’t that bad ass its being pushed as.

Jump on cruise line stock, no way it stays down. I dont know anything about stocks but seems logical to me

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
I don’t know anything about stocks but I’d imagine investing in toilet paper stocks would probably be a good idea. lol

there are a ton of places offering commission-free trades now, so it is a great time to dip into the market. Who you trade with isn't as important as how you trade. I would suggest starting off slow (only invest what you can afford to lose) with some broad ETFs that capture entire market segments. Vanguard ETFs have some of the lowest fees, that would be a good place to start. Don't try picking individual stocks, you won't win at that game. Stock investing shouldn't be exciting (or emotional like someone else said), you should be dedicated to doing it over a long period of time. Once you accumulate enough personal investment and capital gains, it can be a great stream of passive income.

I’m extremely novice myself but I’m buying at a slow pace on some stocks. I’m not trying to trade these just holding for long term as I believe some stocks are bargains right now

I’m trying shell since oil is getting hammered at the moment. maybe il dice roll into Boeing but only what I can afford to lose since I’m not sure what’s going to happen with them.

if you want a safer go mutual funds or etfs.

again I’m a novice and probably should take anything I posted for a grain of salt or do the opposite and become rich seems to be my luck anyways.

I'm investigating in cryptocurrency called xrp. YouTube it and see if its something for you, but I think digital currency will be everywhere soon.

All right folks, with the markets in turmoil I'm thinking about taking the plunge. I have no idea what I'm doing but I heard a well respected investor say, the best time to sell is when everybody is cheering and the best time to buy is when people cry. I have been thinking about doing this for a while and now seems the time to find some deals. I'm thinking about using Ameritrade. Any suggestions would be welcome and don't forget this is basicly investment for dummies.
I’ve been investing in bear ETFs. In other words I think this is just the beginning and will get a lot worse. This also helps makeup the losses that will affect my 401k.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT