ADVERTISEMENT

Impact on 2020-21 Roster

I don't see any way Vern stays. He's the best player in the college game already.

I would be shocked if Cassius stays also.

The only way I see those 2 staying is if the current public health emergency somehow impacts the draft.

I don't expect Hurt back either.

I'm essentially taking the same approach. Would love to be wrong, but it seems like everyone else is being pessimistic these days so I might as well join in on the parade.

Reactions: dbav
I’m growing more optimistic that Hurt stays. I don’t see any way Cash or Vern stay.

Would you say the addition of Tape helps in the optimism of Hurt staying? It keeps Hurt from having to play the 5 or sometimes even the 4.

Would you say the addition of Tape helps in the optimism of Hurt staying? It keeps Hurt from having to play the 5 or sometimes even the 4.
I don’t think his addition really factors into it at all. I think Tape will serve the Javin role- energy guy, five fouls, occasional bucket, some defense. I just don’t see a scenario where Hurt who came here to be OAD would then voluntarily sit out a year to transfer. I have to think reality is in front of him that leaving early for the league is not worth it. He should get plenty of minutes and shots next year.

I don’t think his addition really factors into it at all. I think Tape will serve the Javin role- energy guy, five fouls, occasional bucket, some defense. I just don’t see a scenario where Hurt who came here to be OAD would then voluntarily sit out a year to transfer. I have to think reality is in front of him that leaving early for the league is not worth it. He should get plenty of minutes and shots next year.

Very true. I looked at it as, bringing someone like Tape in would keep Hurt from having to play in the post... I like Hurts game but it’s hard on the defense end, too slow for the 3 and to skinny for the 4...but he’s a matchup nightmare on offense because he can shoot over small defenders and pull big guys away from clogging the lane for dribble drives.

Thanks for the response!

Reactions: timo0402

I would think it helps. This makes it significantly less likely that he would ever play the 5 (outside of special situations) - it keeps him where he naturally fits, which has to be appealing.

I think Hurt could make a big jump if he were to come back for a second season. My only question is how the current pandemic impacts the strength and conditioning of our returning guys. We know that players often make the most improvement in that area during the offseason. Social distancing and decreased availability of campus/commercial gyms will obviously hurt that progress. Hopefully the Hurt family has looked into getting a power rack in their garage for the guy haha

3. Johnson/ baker
4. Brakefield/ Coleman
5. Tape/Williams

Hurt should be a raising junior givin his age. Turns 20 in a few weeks...shot good from 3 and FT line this year...just dont see him coming back and getting 25+ mins a night and it might be a bonus that he doesn't have to go to combine this year.

NBAdraft.net has Vernon at 13. He gone. He was the best freshman in the country.

In other news, Jordan Tucker just declared for the NBA draft. Remember him?? He did not start for Butler this year and he averaged 8.7 PPG. He shot 79-221 on the season.

posted this in another thread.. can’t read it but what’s going on??? Could someone unexpected be coming back orrrrr could someone reclassify???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT