ADVERTISEMENT

I'm gonna say it and get it off my chest.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I hate and despise the black uniforms. I don't care if they are trimmed in Duke Blue and I don't care which ones of you young and hip farts that disagree. The Duke colors are DUKE BLUE AND WHITE. Whoever came up with the black ones should get some help. Yes I know we've won despite of them but they are still a jinx. Both against G.Town and VCU we struggled to pull the games out. I wish there were a way we could find out our record wearing those hideous things. Hope Heyman25 reads this because he feels the same way. I'll tell you guys what. If we blow someone out by wearing this trash this year I will never say another word about them. OFC

I'm a big fan of the black jerseys. Every season we discuss how Duke's colors are blue and white while they're wearing black every season lol

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm in the minority. I like the black unis. I know they are cursed, but I like them.

I like the blue better, but I like the black too.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeDyNasty22
The only way I think I would like these jerseys is if they came out to Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones

Reactions: skysdad
I like the "old" black ones...

jwill.jpg

That "style" is classic too. It was perfect. I've never been happy with the unis since. "If it ain't broke..."

The _only_ reason there is a black jersey is to sell more jerseys. I am pretty confident that the reason for the black unis is from Nike and no one at Duke.

And yes, they are not right. Jinx or no jinx -- they are not Duke's colors. Period.

Every time that I see them I think they were created by some punk, insecure, emo brand manager and it makes me want to pile drive them....and yes I had to get that off my chest.

Which jersey did duke wear when their season was saved from despair while we were in the jaws of Virginia last year? Black.

They have been a part of duke for a long time now and they are just one of our colors. I'd rather see them than bland white that we wear 95% of the time.

I love all of dukes jerseys honestly, we'll i'm meh about white. I'm disgusted by how little we wear blue to be honest.

Reactions: pisgah101
Which jersey did duke wear when their season was saved from despair while we were in the jaws of Virginia last year? Black.

They have been a part of duke for a long time now and they are just one of our colors. I'd rather see them than bland white that we wear 95% of the time.

I love all of dukes jerseys honestly, we'll i'm meh about white. I'm disgusted by how little we wear blue to be honest.

Get rid if the black ones and never bring them back. Duke is blue and white!

OFC

One of the funniest K moments I ever saw was because of the black jerseys. The night before the UNCheat game at Cameron during my sophomore year, Coach K brought all of the tenters into Cameron for a Q & A session. He does this every year as I recall.

During the session a student gets chosen to ask a question. His question was roughly "when will you get rid of those awful black uniforms". K gave a big smile and said "well since I designed them, probably not anytime soon". The place erupted. It was great K had such a sense of humor about it.

I have no problem with the black jerseys. I believe I own 2 jerseys that are classic trim with duhon and boozer #21 and #4..... maybe why you guys think the jerseys are cursed is because they are alternate ROAD jerseys and teams play better when they are at home against Duke regardless of what apparel shoes, color of jersey or the length of socks I mean come on this has nothing to do with the outcome of the games

One of the funniest K moments I ever saw was because of the black jerseys. The night before the UNCheat game at Cameron during my sophomore year, Coach K brought all of the tenters into Cameron for a Q & A session. He does this every year as I recall.

During the session a student gets chosen to ask a question. His question was roughly "when will you get rid of those awful black uniforms". K gave a big smile and said "well since I designed them, probably not anytime soon". The place erupted. It was great K had such a sense of humor about it.

I don't care if Coach K did design them they are still awful. :D OFC

Life is funny. One day Duke will go back to the classic unis with the classic piping on the side because old will become new again if that makes any sense. Black may or may not be here to stay. Hopefully I'm around long enough to see it. I can already imagine being 60 years old (38 now) and the unis look like its 1994 again and the kids think it's something different but I will be the old guy that says "that ain't nothing new" lol

Reactions: skysdad and Dad2ze
Duke Blue Devils, not Duke Blue and Black Devils. Burn ALL uniforms that are not Blue and White only. No black trim.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT