ADVERTISEMENT

If Flip returnsā€¦

It sure would be amazing to see him in a Duke uniform next year with a giant chip on his shoulder, but I would be more surprised if Flip came back than I was when Grayson came back for his Jr and Sr seasons. Anything could happen though!

Reactions: hart2chesson
I remember when there was rumors of Jabari Parker coming back for a 2nd year. I just donā€™t see Flip coming back, but wow I would love to be wrong. He does need to get stronger and work on his ball handling.

Reactions: christophero
I donā€™t put much in any rumor of a top player coming back until he announces it . Just like now . Until I hear Mitchel or Proctor say it I believe they are gone . Flip the same unless he announces it and we know Lively and Whitehead are gone. I donā€™t torture myself over star players leaving only the ones that barely saw the court transferring. Hard to build a team when three star and under kids donā€™t even return .

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I'm running with the "it will be different with Scheyer" narrative. But if they all leave after that first weekend flameout I'm going to be pretty pissed ha.

I'm running with the "it will be different with Scheyer" narrative. But if they all leave after that first weekend flameout I'm going to be pretty pissed ha.
At what? A bunch of kids that are chasing their dreams ? They didnā€™t create the Duke brotherhood brand they just add to it .

Why not just watch the NBA then? I started watching college basketball for a reason. I started watching Duke for a reason. Even Jon has admitted he wants to get away from this.

Reactions: wcu1113
Why not just watch the NBA then? I started watching college basketball for a reason. I started watching Duke for a reason. Even Jon has admitted he wants to get away from this.
I can say what needs to be heard as well but do you really think Scheyer is turning away top talent ?
I donā€™t watch the NBA but there is a reason the vets are voting against the straight out of high school rule .

If you recruit 5 one and dones every year, you just have to start over again. So yes, there is a drawback to this approach. I think we can all agree we need to get some guys to stay. If Mitchell Proctor and Flip come back then we are doing the right thing. If they all leave, then we need to alter our approach. Rumor mill says we are getting a few back. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
If you recruit 5 one and dones every year, you just have to start over again. So yes, there is a drawback to this approach. I think we can all agree we need to get some guys to stay. If Mitchell Proctor and Flip come back then we are doing the right thing. If they all leave, then we need to alter our approach. Rumor mill says we are getting a few back. Fingers crossed.
For the record. Duke has never recruited 5 OAD players in the same class. 4 is the most with Bagley, Carter, Duval, and Trent JR, we have had quite a few classes with 3 OAD players.

Reactions: christophero
For the record. Duke has never recruited 5 OAD players in the same class. 4 is the most with Bagley, Carter, Duval, and Trent JR, we have had quite a few classes with 3 OAD players.
Those facts donā€™t matter. Wonā€™t stop the blanket statement over reacting every time our season ends without winning it all. The same tired overblown comments rain down. But yeah, the players are so lucky to play for a spoiled bunch of crybabies. People need to get a grip.

Now that thatā€™s over. Iā€™d expect Flip, Proctor and possibly Mitchell to test the combine. It would not shock me to have all three return. Doesnā€™t mean they will, but itā€™s certainly in the cards. Now all the haters can go say I have no clue what Iā€™m talking about, they were never coming back, etc etc. same song different off season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT