ADVERTISEMENT

Hahahaaaahaaaaa....

It sucks all around. Bilas doesn’t hold back about it
He's been spot on about it. I know a lot of Duke fans hate on Jay, but the guy is right the majority of the time. I've seen more consistent officiating in high school than in this tournament. Which is sad.

Reactions: Duke1783
It sucks all around. Bilas doesn’t hold back about it
I like Bilas and I agree with him. What I've seen lately doesn't look like basketball. Maybe the the guys now are too big and athletic but how they don't call some of the contact I just don't know.

My dislike for them reached a high point this year not because K was retiring and they didn’t honor him but because it was a rare opportunity for both programs to put down their arms and take a moment to show American what these two programs, from the same area, have accomplished over the years.btjst despite being rivals, we share the same love for college basketball. It was a missed opportunity. Instead UNC chose to embrace the hatred they have for Duke

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I like Bilas and I agree with him. What I've seen lately doesn't look like basketball. Maybe the the guys now are too big and athletic but how they don't call some of the contact I just don't know.
Dude I don’t even know what a charge and a block are anymore lol

Reactions: pisgah101
Banchero was frequently fouled going to the basket and nothing would be called. I can say the same for several other bigger guys in the field this year. I couldn't believe what some were allowed to get away with. I'm hoping the NCAA looks it this hard in the off-season.

My dislike for them reached a high point this year not because K was retiring and they didn’t honor him but because it was a rare opportunity for both programs to put down their arms and take a moment to show American what these two programs, from the same area, have accomplished over the years.btjst despite being rivals, we share the same love for college basketball. It was a missed opportunity. Instead UNC chose to embrace the hatred they have for Duke
Which is why I now hate UNC more than I ever thought was possible.

I really didn't have a problem with not honoring him especially knowing that an ass whipping was forthcoming from our biggest rival. But the F Coach K chant was classless. I was in Carmichael when the fans started a Bull$#@T chant protesting a call against Virginia and Coach Smith got on the microphone and shut that down.

I really didn't have a problem with not honoring him especially knowing that an ass whipping was forthcoming from our biggest rival. But the F Coach K chant was classless. I was in Carmichael when the fans started a Bull$#@T chant protesting a call against Virginia and Coach Smith got on the microphone and shut that down.
It’s inexcusable for any fan base to act that way. Unless, of course, it’s Maryland

Yup. The F Coach K chant put me over the edge. I get it, they are rivals, and it's a heated battle. I have NO problem really if UNC chose to do nothing to honor K, but that chant just solidified in my mind the classless POS fanbase that UNC is. I almost could have accepted a "coach K sucks" or similar, but they went too far. No matter what team you support, imagine bring your young kids to a game of that magnitude only to have to hear that nonsense.

Sorry..while I understand the animus given the rivalry and the unfolding events over the past month, the fact remains that this UNC team overachieved in their success this year. A #1 seed is supposed to beat a #8 seed. A coach with Self's experience and pedigree is supposed to out coach a rookie head coach...and he did.

Or maybe they underachieved and would have been seeded higher? Their experienced team is no joke, They took out Baylor, UCLA, Duke and almost won last night. So go ask carolina fans if their feelings today are "oh who cares we were supposed to lose to the higher seed yippeee" lol

Reactions: GillJET

They've been nasty from the get go, we all heard the profane chants in CH. What they don't get is had they not been pushed to compete harder by Duke, they'd have less banners up there. After 42 years you could say thanks for the memories and the competition. But no, too much bitterness so they just wanted to shove a whip cream pie in his face any time they could but they'll never have a winning record against the man and they'd sacrifice their first born to be able to say that.

I admit I came here initially to read viewpoints of the 2 UNC losses meltdown, but what I found were some pretty knowledgeable fans. Every fanbase has their The Refs Suck contingent and I am not a big fan of Coach K although I have to respect his career.
Duke gets a lot of calls, I’ll never argue it. But the refs helped UNC significantly against Duke, putting their bigs in foul trouble early and often....

Wasn't going to watch the game. Actually forgot it was on. Was bored last night and switched to the game. Beginning of 2nd Half, KU down by 15 or 16. Couldn't believe it

KU goes on a 20-4 run?! No need to say anything. You are all very welcome.

I completely understand UNC hatred of K bc he wildly surpassed Dean Smith who was considered a godlike humanitarian. We would be sour if say NCState had a young coach who went after K verbally then doubled up his records.

Young UNC fans hate K bc social media says so. It’s cool to hate Duke or anyone that is incredibly successful in sports. Hater nation has become internet content.

I completely understand UNC hatred of K bc he wildly surpassed Dean Smith who was considered a godlike humanitarian. We would be sour if say NCState had a young coach who went after K verbally then doubled up his records.

Young UNC fans hate K bc social media says so. It’s cool to hate Duke or anyone that is incredibly successful in sports. Hater nation has become internet content.
Most people can't stand long standing successful players/coaches. Look at the dislike of Brady. Even on RR the other night when the women's UConn ran lost to SC, they were talking bad about Geno. I don't care for Brady as well but you gotta respect what the man has done in his career.

From my perspective, my feelings on K have nothing to do with Coach Smith. In fact over the years, I have much more "hated" Duke players and K just happened to lead them. Quite frankly in this era, and especially the past few years I didn't even know enough about who was on your team to dislike them.

I can appreciate that sentiment.If it had been Duke I would be happy for their loss as well. Leaky seemed off kilter for much of the game and the in bounds fiasco was akin to his backboard pass against Baylor. With regards to Puff, his playing time and production far exceeded my expectations for him. I just kind of figured he got sick due to lack of conditioning not having played that many consecutive minutes previously.
I think Puff was hit inadvertently in the privates.

Yup. The F Coach K chant put me over the edge. I get it, they are rivals, and it's a heated battle. I have NO problem really if UNC chose to do nothing to honor K, but that chant just solidified in my mind the classless POS fanbase that UNC is. I almost could have accepted a "coach K sucks" or similar, but they went too far. No matter what team you support, imagine bring your young kids to a game of that magnitude only to have to hear that nonsense.
We have the same problem @ the Octagon.
Can't play sandstorm anymore because our students chanted "F KU" during sandstorm.
Absolute disgrace.👎
Need to chant" KU sucks" instead👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT