ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest Comeback in Duke History

A fun story about the game, I was at my mom's, and the power went out before the game. I had to listen to it on the radio as it cut in and out the whole game.

• Wow
Reactions: Neue Regel
Wow...so cool to see 3's go in and finishing strong inside....those teams were my favorites. Boozer/Battier/Williams..what a combo!
I knew the girlfriend I had at the time wasn’t making the cut bc I couldn’t watch it in peace due her to whining about something or other

Reactions: Mac9192
Obviously that game was more important but were the Zion team down by more points at Louisville? I know we were down 39-17 against UMD at one point.

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
Quantity is one thing....meaning the number of points we were behind...but i think my overall favorite comeback is the miracle minute vs Maryland because their fans were such a$$hats...and Battier told the team to walk off with no celebration! Total mic drop! Link below with Jwill commentary!

I was at the Final Four when we came back to beat Maryland. I was there with my best friend from Duke, and couldn’t believe we had flown all the way out (we had to fly into Des Moines and drive like idiots to make the first game) to see a blow out. Watching Gary do a nuclear meltdown was particularly enjoyable (“How bad do you want Duke to win?” was one of his milder verbal assaults at the refs). After the game we went to a local bar, where there were more than a few stunned Terp fans drowning their sorrows. Of course the TVs in the place had the post-game highlights going, showing the incredible comeback. My friend and i were cheering and high-fiving every play, even though it was a replay. The Terp fans were too depressed to even glare at us. What a wonderful night.

One thing I noticed in the St. John's video is Okafor pushes off with his elbow a lot. Almost every time he makes a move in the low post. (and no not because I went to SJU ha)

Last edited:
Duke was down to Louisville by 23 with only 9 minutes remaining. Amazing they came back and won

Always love looking at this graph. Louisville had a 99.9% chance of winning the game with 9:17 left in the game.

duke-louisville-win-probability.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT