ADVERTISEMENT

Great Read on Cam Reddish

great observation by the writer. this is definitely going to make Cam better in the long haul. Early in his NBA career he will have to learn how to play off the ball and eventually he has to learn to play with other great players. Adding spot up shooter to your skillset is very important at this stage.

Reactions: jwill133
Everyone that watches basketball knows Reddish can shoot and get buckets. No matter what his pct is, no team will tell their guys to sag off.

If cam can lock in every possession on the defensive side of the ball. And show more intensity and focus on that end I still believe he will be a top 3 pick regardless what he does offensively. No G.m. is worried about cam getting buckets, they all want to see him bring somesort of "dog" like mentality out and be consistent with it.

Cam is nice!

Reactions: jwill133
Really important for Cam to take what is given him and not try to force things in an attempt to disprove the "disappears" label. You kill the disengaged rep by busting butt on D and being a great defender which he has all the tools to be and has already shown. As for O, a consistent spot up shooter is all Duke needs from him. Anything else is gravy, and can worked in selectively and gradually as his comfort level expands.

Good article and thanks for sharing.

Cam, right now, is the 'missing' piece for this Duke team. I don't think we can reach the top of the mountain if he's playing at this level come mid-March. Luckily, we know he has it in him to be really, really good.

Completely agree and was just about to post pretty much the same thing.

Great analysis. Cam has great NBA potential. But if Duke is to maximize the talent on the team this year, Cam has got to emerge over the next few months...

Just got around to reading this. Lot of good points made here, a few we covered on the podcast actually since we are obsessed with talking about Cam!

Should Cam find his stroke, and he finishes the season knocking shots down at a serious clip, he could become the top prospect in the draft. That’s how much the 3 is valued right now.

But for giggles, just check out his EYBL stats. He shot 30% from three there. Not saying that will directly reflect his career arc, but he hasn’t been efficient from three in a while now. He does have the stroke and drive to make it better. I just hope it happens sooner than later.

Should Cam find his stroke, and he finishes the season knocking shots down at a serious clip, he could become the top prospect in the draft. That’s how much the 3 is valued right now.

But for giggles, just check out his EYBL stats. He shot 30% from three there. Not saying that will directly reflect his career arc, but he hasn’t been efficient from three in a while now. He does have the stroke and drive to make it better. I just hope it happens sooner than later.
I remember watching one of his EYBL games before he committed to Duke (when I reallyyyyy wanted him here) and he took a lot of contested step-back three's, his EYBL team wasn't loaded like some of the others so he was doing just about everything on offense, including the ball-handling duties (which was definitely good for him in the long run.)

I think he should be above 35% with us just based off the sheer fact that most of his three's should be open ones. With RJ, Zion, and Tre getting to the rim, I think Cam will start getting more wide open looks and start canning them.

Reactions: dbav and Quavarius
I remember watching one of his EYBL games before he committed to Duke (when I reallyyyyy wanted him here) and he took a lot of contested step-back three's, his EYBL team wasn't loaded like some of the others so he was doing just about everything on offense, including the ball-handling duties (which was definitely good for him in the long run.)

I think he should be above 35% with us just based off the sheer fact that most of his three's should be open ones. With RJ, Zion, and Tre getting to the rim, I think Cam will start getting more wide open looks and start canning them.

Very true. He hits when his degree of difficulty is lowered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT