ADVERTISEMENT

Good Season Guys - Honest thoughts on K and Brooks

I usually stay off of these boards because I really don't have time, and it's like twitter. There's a lot of anger out there. However, I couldn't let this go without chiming in. K probably shouldn't have said anything at all, but let's think about a few nuggets below.

1. The video of K didn't seem hostile. It seemed much more complimentary of Brooks.
2. Brooks wasn't offended and agreed with K.
3. K DIDN'T lie! In the press conference, the guy asked him if he told Brooks that he is too good of a player to be showing off. He said that he didn't say that, and the audio confirms that he didn't say that. The audio goes a little like this-->"You're too good of a player to be doing that. Too good of a player." Never once did the words showing or off come out of his mouth.

*The haters are making this into something, period. Nothing else. Nothing more.

This should clear up everything. Coach K did not lie at the press conference. He did not say what Brooks said he said. Maybe Coach K should get an apology from Brooks miss quoting him because it's two entirely different statements and Brooks' version sounds a lot worse IMO. So to make things right then all need to get the story right. People it's easy just do the right thing. And as for Grayson all he did was walk away. This is the most ridiculous things that I think I've ever seen in all my years of watching all sports. And the OP has to be a Tar Heel Troll. You are the worst type of poster there is. A wolf in sheep's clothing to repeat ban old comparison. Did you really think that anyone here would fall to your stupid crap ? Your are an idiot. Your re a Tar Heel fan. One we all are familiar with. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: PhoenixDevil
This is CLEARLY the biggest issue in college basketball today guys.

Let's not talk about the UNCheat scandal and how Ol' Roy knows nothing about the paper classes

Let's not talk about the lies, violations, and frauds That is attached to coach Cal

Let's not talk about the UofL scandal

But let's call Coach K a liar because he wanted a conversation to be kept private between him and Brooks

Yea, I see some bush unc 92 liking all the thread comments. He likes K is getting slammed for a one liner all the while his coach has covered up drugs, guns, academic misconduct, illegal contracts , Cars from boosters, Jesus Roy is so dirty he could fill in for pig pen on the next Snoopy gig. Kinda weird not one word of that during the tourney.

I would have reacted the same way K did in the press conference. The reporter, either knowingly or innocently, put what I would call inflammatory words in K's mouth. Telling Brooks that he was "showing off" is inflammatory and very specific. Saying, "You are too good of a player to be doing that" is pretty general. It could have meant, showing off, taunting, cursing, or farting out loud for that matter. So, when K was asked whether or not he told the kid he shouldn't be showing off, he got mad and said he didn't say that...which he didn't. This is such a non-issue that has obviously been put forth on this board by someone who support or went to a school which has been accused of conducting fradulent classes...which it has.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
As a Duke alum I've been surprised and disappointed by some recent reactions on this board. There's a strain of moral relativism - around Grayson's tripping, Simmons quitting on his team, Coach K's comments to Brooks and subsequent prevarication - that I simply disagree with. I suspect - and hope - that there are many readers on this site who feel similarly but have chosen not to express their misgivings. For the folks who, in my opinion, are defending the indefensible out of a misplaced loyalty to our basketball team, I can only agree to disagree with you, and hope that your sense of right and wrong is independent of the school you choose to root for.
Says the UK fan

OFC

well that should clear the lying on dillion part up, but i doubt it will...technically it wasnt a lie....oh well

Did anyone just see where ESPN named Brooks on of their "stars of the nights" because "he stayed true to his word." ?

I don't care if K told the kid what he did was embarrassing, why did he not admit he did it? I know he knows the media will blow up everything Duke so I guess it is understandable.

Did anyone just see where ESPN named Brooks on of their "stars of the nights" because "he stayed true to his word." ?

ESPN is run by unx alum John Skipper. And , yes , he's a die-hard "carolina way" Kool-Aid drinker. If that network was led by anyone other than a hole , the scandal would be covered nightly. Never mind the free PR unx receives from that place. Disgusting.

ESPN is run by unx alum John Skipper. And , yes , he's a die-hard "carolina way" Kool-Aid drinker. If that network was led by anyone other than a hole , the scandal would be covered nightly. Never mind the free PR unx receives from that place. Disgusting.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Not all know that. Explains ESPN's stand on things. OFC

CdmxDnRWwAEErSp.jpg

I'm glad you mentioned this. Not all know that. Explains ESPN's stand on things. OFC

Perfect example of bias. In addition to ignoring the scandal and taking every opportunity to bash Duke , the "worldwide leader" tweets asinine crap like this...

Quick hits:

First, Oregon's HC released at statement saying he was OK with what K said. Also, said it was a non-issue and he considered it over. He said K has earned the right to say such things to kids as he is an ambassador of the game.

Second, Laure Keeley (sp?), a reporter that covers Duke put it perfectly on twitter. She said she has always noticed that when K gets asked a question he doesn't like or a bait question he has always tended to disengage with the reporter. I think she is dead on. We've all seen K's press conferences. I think she is dead on with this. She says that is why she thinks he "lied". He pretty much said go ask Brooks what happened if the reporter wanted but he wasn't talking about it.

Third, and lastly, why do so many people think K mever said a word to Grayson? It has already been said that K addressed it with him. Hell, I'm sure he gave him an earful bc the last thing this team needed was that distraction.

People act like K cussed this kid out. Give me a break. I, too, think it was a culmination of events. It was reported that several times Brooks taunted the Duke bench during the game. I'm sure K heard it.

Yea, I see some bush unc 92 liking all the thread comments. He likes K is getting slammed for a one liner all the while his coach has covered up drugs, guns, academic misconduct, illegal contracts , Cars from boosters, Jesus Roy is so dirty he could fill in for pig pen on the next Snoopy gig. Kinda weird not one word of that during the tourney.

He thinks he's clever and funny doing like on our board. Just shows his stupidity. Funny how these clowns pop up on DI when unc is winning. OFC

I don't care if K told the kid what he did was embarrassing, why did he not admit he did it? I know he knows the media will blow up everything Duke so I guess it is understandable.
He didn't deny that he said what he said. He denied what the reporter said he said. Open and shut case. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: youngman42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT