ADVERTISEMENT

Glad Grayson didnt pull a Joel Berry.....

It's easy to see how major sports media plays into the nation's confirmation biases towards Duke. Grayson trips a player – put that on replay for 2 weeks and talk about how this kid (who's exploited and makes money by and for the NCAA by the way) has emotional issues and is the dirtiest player in basketball. And by extension, Duke is a dirty program, and that Coach K teaches this stuff. However, it's amazing how much of a pass UNCheat has received for literally getting away with 18 years of cheating. Their academic program, basketball program, football program (and other sports) are proven to be corrupt and yet how much sports media attention was given to that compared to the Grayson stuff?

I find it hilarious you guys are trying to make Berry into something he isn’t to make yourselves feel better about your own player who has continually bumped and tripped people on purpose away from the ball.

Sorry, but that’s what I’m seeing here.

I find it hilarious you guys are trying to make Berry into something he isn’t to make yourselves feel better about your own player who has continually bumped and tripped people on purpose away from the ball.

So what’s your take on the berry forearm smash. Foul or not? Flagrant one?

Reactions: hart2chesson

No Unc. Player is ever guilty of anything.Why am I not surprised at your take

So what’s your take on the berry forearm smash. Foul or not? Flagrant one?

Probably an offensive foul that just didn’t get called. There wasn’t malicious intent in it.

No Unc. Player is ever guilty of anything.Why am I not surprised at your take

And Grayson Allen is just a poor misunderstood soul who never does anything wrong right? Berry and UNC are the true monsters.

If you’re asking me to equate it to anything Allen has done, no way.

In any case, I shouldn’t have got on this thread to begin with. It’s tournament time so I’m going to discuss that instead.
You’re right. I’ve never seen Allen throw a forearm shiver like he’s auditioning for Vince McMahon.

Probably an offensive foul that just didn’t get called. There wasn’t malicious intent in it.

And Grayson Allen is just a poor misunderstood soul who never does anything wrong right? Berry and UNC are the true monsters.
Hey I said that Grayson has done some dumb things but Berry gets a pass for constant pushes leading with his elbow on every drive but hi just the little dawg.Grayson has taken ten times the cheap shots than he has given so stfu and leave

Ok you’re dook fans and you’re supposed to hate UNC as I do dook but come on with the elitist title when it cost over $50000 to go to dook and it’s mostly out of state kids so I really don’t understand why NC residents even pull for dook I guess it’s because NCsuck has well sucked for so long and as far as the officiating goes give me a break dook gets call after call and in the meantime coach cry whines and complains the rest of the time to the officials and I haven’t even mentioned tripper buttcheck so quit complaining like coach cry and play some real games on the road sometime in the next decade or two thanks for letting me get this off my chest GO HEELS

For the sake of humanity, do not breed.

Ok you’re dook fans and you’re supposed to hate UNC as I do dook but come on with the elitist title when it cost over $50000 to go to dook and it’s mostly out of state kids so I really don’t understand why NC residents even pull for dook I guess it’s because NCsuck has well sucked for so long and as far as the officiating goes give me a break dook gets call after call and in the meantime coach cry whines and complains the rest of the time to the officials and I haven’t even mentioned tripper buttcheck so quit complaining like coach cry and play some real games on the road sometime in the next decade or two thanks for letting me get this off my chest GO HEELS
Punctuation is your friend.

Hey I said that Grayson has done some dumb things but Berry gets a pass for constant pushes leading with his elbow on every drive but hi just the little dawg.Grayson has taken ten times the cheap shots than he has given so stfu and leave

Real, classy topps.

Anyway, you want to PM me, we can discuss it more. Otherwise, it’s tournament time.

What is it we're trying to make him out to be? I'd like for ESPN, NCAA, a reporter, ANYBODY to mention this no-call flagrant foul. But the fact is, your Cheater school continues to get a pass from the NCAA and ESPN for your corrupt-ass institution and play on the court. Be honest with yourself – you guys hated Grayson long before he ever tripped anybody and it is because he's white, goes to Duke, and is good. Ok, nothing new there, but you along with the entire basketball world has crucified him because he did something stupid but it has more to do with him doing something stupid as a Duke player. That's what it boils down to and it's the obvious double-standard. But the huge gaping hole in your soul is that you want SO HARD to believe that Duke has cheated, pays the refs, or that they're dirty, they're privileged, (pretty clear if you watched the Laettner doc) – which is ironic because you're the embodiment of all these things you want to hate about Duke. When you see Grayson Allen trip someone, it confirms your bias and he becomes your public enemy #1. I guess there's been a while since you had one of those? NCAA was the enemy for the last few years (now they're your best friend) and I guess before that it was JJ Redick?

If you’re asking me to equate it to anything Allen has done, no way.

In any case, I shouldn’t have got on this thread to begin with. It’s tournament time so I’m going to discuss that instead.

No offense but it seems to be a lot of threads you don't need to get on here. I'm going to give credit where credit deserves. You are a very good student of this board, it's mods and the patience of the mods. You know exactly where the line is that you don't cross and you get very close to it. I hope you don't take this personally and are not offended but you can be very deceiving. I expect some sort of spinning reply and once again you know what you are doing. Don't take for granted that we don't know. OFC

Who let Tyler Hansbrough post on our board?

Congrats on that degree from Chapel Hill. They keep churning out good people like you every day, I see.

No offense but it seems to be a lot of threads you don't need to get on here. I'm going to give credit where credit deserves. You are a very good student of this board, it's mods and the patience of the mods. You know exactly where the line is that you don't cross and you get very close to it. I hope you don't take this personally and are not offended but you can be very deceiving. I expect some sort of spinning reply and once again you know what you are doing. Don't take for granted that we don't know. OFC
Sky don’t apologize for calling him out.He felt free to call us bastards on his board a few weeks ago.Sorry for the rant but these Tar Heel guys have got on my last nerve

Sky, I get occasionally riled up like any other fan. It’s human nature, not Tar Heel nature as you sometimes attribute it to. As I said before, it’s a topic I should have avoided. Having a few in me tonight didn’t help.

Sky don’t apologize for calling him out.He felt free to call us bastards on his board a few weeks ago.Sorry for the rant but these Tar Heel guys have got on my last nerve

Everyone behaves differently on their home board. You should know, topps. Even friends of mine who like duke make no secret they hate Carolina. I don’t take it personally and never have.

What is it we're trying to make him out to be? I'd like for ESPN, NCAA, a reporter, ANYBODY to mention this no-call flagrant foul. But the fact is, your Cheater school continues to get a pass from the NCAA and ESPN for your corrupt-ass institution and play on the court. Be honest with yourself – you guys hated Grayson long before he ever tripped anybody and it is because he's white, goes to Duke, and is good. Ok, nothing new there, but you along with the entire basketball world has crucified him because he did something stupid but it has more to do with him doing something stupid as a Duke player. That's what it boils down to and it's the obvious double-standard. But the huge gaping hole in your soul is that you want SO HARD to believe that Duke has cheated, pays the refs, or that they're dirty, they're privileged, (pretty clear if you watched the Laettner doc) – which is ironic because you're the embodiment of all these things you want to hate about Duke. When you see Grayson Allen trip someone, it confirms your bias and he becomes your public enemy #1. I guess there's been a while since you had one of those? NCAA was the enemy for the last few years (now they're your best friend) and I guess before that it was JJ Redick?

Contrary to what you believe, I’m not one of those people that believes Duke pays refs, or they cheated by paying recruits. What I do believe, is that for a number of years, Duke has had a number of players that are incredibly unlikeable and polarizing, due to either questionable play or attitude or whatever the reason. Grayson Allen is the latest in that line. You combine it with other factors, success being one of them, it’s not difficult to understand why Duke is nationally hated more than other blue bloods.

That’s my personal opinion on it. And I think I’ve said enough on this topic for one day. I am on your board after all.

Contrary to what you believe, I’m not one of those people that believes Duke pays refs, or they cheated by paying recruits. What I do believe, is that for a number of years, Duke has had a number of players that are incredibly unlikeable and polarizing, due to either questionable play or attitude or whatever the reason. Grayson Allen is the latest in that line. You combine it with other factors, success being one of them, it’s not difficult to understand why Duke is nationally hated more than other blue bloods.

That’s my personal opinion on it. And I think I’ve said enough on this topic for one day. I am on your board after all.

You have said enough, 34, now why don't you do what you said you would do, and get the hell out of here.

OFC

You don’t think that Unc is not hated even more than us We are hated because we are successful not because we cheated for over twenty years while claiming to be the only program that did everything the right way

Unless you’re forgetting the time Allen tried that shit on Brandon Robinson last year and then faked like he got fouled...nice try.
Hahaha. I just watched that acting job Robinson did when Allen was driving the lane. He did his best Zeller flop impersonation. Berry was intentional. Allen was not. Allen’s arm was going up, not outwards towards Robinson. Berry was going outwards directly at the other player. Not the same thing at all.

Last edited:
You don’t think that Unc is not hated even more than us We are hated because we are successful not because we cheated for over twenty years while claiming to be the only program that did everything the right way

Check your PM’s, topps.

Last edited:
If you people wouldn't stop coming at me, I would. bye

'You' people? First, I didn't come at you, if I had you would have known it. Secondly, here is your reply that I responded to (I've underlined and put in bold the crap I'm talking about):

"Contrary to what you believe, I’m not one of those people that believes Duke pays refs, or they cheated by paying recruits. What I do believe, is that for a number of years, Duke has had a number of players that are incredibly unlikeable and polarizing, due to either questionable play or attitude or whatever the reason. Grayson Allen is the latest in that line. You combine it with other factors, success being one of them, it’s not difficult to understand why Duke is nationally hated more than other blue bloods.

That’s my personal opinion on it. And I think I’ve said enough on this topic for one day. I am on your board after all."

That says it all. You can play coy all you want, but you just basically called out Coach K, the Duke basketball program, and many of the basketball players that have come through it. You've exposed your hatred for all things Duke with that particular passage underlined above. With that mindset, don't dare chastise any Duke fans on this board.

OFC

'You' people? First, I didn't come at you, if I had you would have known it. Secondly, here is your reply that I responded to (I've underlined and put in bold the crap I'm talking about):

"Contrary to what you believe, I’m not one of those people that believes Duke pays refs, or they cheated by paying recruits. What I do believe, is that for a number of years, Duke has had a number of players that are incredibly unlikeable and polarizing, due to either questionable play or attitude or whatever the reason. Grayson Allen is the latest in that line. You combine it with other factors, success being one of them, it’s not difficult to understand why Duke is nationally hated more than other blue bloods.

That’s my personal opinion on it. And I think I’ve said enough on this topic for one day. I am on your board after all."

That says it all. You can play coy all you want, but you just basically called out Coach K, the Duke basketball program, and many of the basketball players that have come through it. You've exposed your hatred for all things Duke with that particular passage underlined above. With that mindset, don't dare chastise any Duke fans on this board.

OFC

Good job Dirt. You're not only an amazingly talented artist but you speak for quite a number of us I am sure in your above post. Thanks for standing up (along w/Sky and others) as long-time highly respected posters in defending the top program in the country and DukeNation in general!

#KudosMyFriend

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT