ADVERTISEMENT

Glad Grayson didnt pull a Joel Berry.....

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
So happy the 'holes lost. If you've followed the holes and are A TRUE DUKE fan like me living in North Carolina your entire life you hate em. You constantly run into their elitist fans, are subject to a bias in- state tarhole media lovefest, and see the double standard in officiating Coach K referenced in the mid 80's.

Case in point on the officiating was last nite. If you're Grayson Allen you really think an official ignores this forearm shiver????!! Baseline FOOTBALL play by Joel Berry was not called and had Tony Bennett running onto the floor during a media timeout:

Love to hate the 'holes!!!!
#ThanksVirginia

OFC

So happy the 'holes lost. If you've followed the holes and are A TRUE DUKE fan like me living in North Carolina your entire life you hate em. You constantly run into their elitist fans, are subject to a bias in- state tarhole media lovefest, and see the double standard in officiating Coach K referenced in the mid 80's.

Case in point on the officiating was last nite. If you're Grayson Allen you really think an official ignores this forearm shiver????!! Baseline FOOTBALL play by Joel Berry was not called and had Tony Bennett running onto the floor during a media timeout:

Love to hate the 'holes!!!!
#ThanksVirginia

OFC
gotta love this post. Not only living in NC, but working for a newspaper in NC where most of the writers are NC alums. At least they were at one time.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Jesus. That’s pretty brutal. Actually looks like the same motion Henderson did to Hans to me.

Reactions: Quavarius
These arrogant ass hole fans around here are sickening. I was on the ballfield yesterday coaching my sons baseball team and one of them pulls up in his truck by the field, rolls his window down and yells “how bout those heels”. So glad they lost last night.
And yea, had that been Grayson that body slammed the kid, it would be all over espn this morning, and Grayson would need counseling, K would need to be banned from the NCAA tournament, and assault charges filed.
My level of hatred for these knucklehead fans around here has reached an all time high.

Uhhh... he absolutely clobbered the guy with a huge swipe. Come on, now. Obvious foul.
Didn’t say it was not a foul. Of course the ref missed the foul one second earlier when #5 grabs Platek’s shoulder while going for the ball as well.

It does, but Allen’s butt check did garner the 5th headline on ESPN all the way into the following day. Berry got zero attention for the forearm.
In the postgame Friday, Berry and Pinson both downplayed Grayson's F1 and said positive things about him. I appreciate that, and it's a reminder that the so-called "hate" we have toward the opposing players is really about the jersey, not the human beings in them.

I'm fine w/ Berry's not being crucified for that play, so I would not cite it as evidence against him so much as to highlight how Grayson is treated unreasonably.

It does, but Allen’s butt check did garner the 5th headline on ESPN all the way into the following day. Berry got zero attention for the forearm.

Does Berry have a rep of being a dirty player? Is he a repeat offender? I really have no idea because I hardly ever watch the Heels play. Just seems that if we wanted to post a "Hey, but look at what THIS player did!" thread every time someone done something suspicious, we could fill the board up pretty quickly everyday. Pointing out a single incident by Berry to say "Look, see!" seems no different than them making a Grayson thread on their own board.

There’s little doubt that if Grayson was involved in that play it would get more attention. That said, is part of the reasoning because of Grayson himself, and not the media? I think so.

I’ll admit, Grayson’s ‘hip-check’ the other night made me cringe. I don’t think it should have been a technical, and I fully believe it was a technical because of who did it. In watching the rest of our game that night and parts of four or five games yesterday, I saw about 10 instances similar to Grayson’s that never were reviewed or discussed. Now again, part of that is on Grayson....but he’s also being targeted.

There’s little doubt that if Grayson was involved in that play it would get more attention. That said, is part of the reasoning because of Grayson himself, and not the media? I think so.

I’ll admit, Grayson’s ‘hip-check’ the other night made me cringe. I don’t think it should have been a technical, and I fully believe it was a technical because of who did it. In watching the rest of our game that night and parts of four or five games yesterday, I saw about 10 instances similar to Grayson’s that never were reviewed or discussed. Now again, part of that is on Grayson....but he’s also being targeted.
I think it was a technical foul for sure, but it doesn’t get reviewed at all without the crowd reaction and his national reputation.

Reactions: dbav
Does Berry have a rep of being a dirty player? Is he a repeat offender? I really have no idea because I hardly ever watch the Heels play. Just seems that if we wanted to post a "Hey, but look at what THIS player did!" thread every time someone done something suspicious, we could fill the board up pretty quickly everyday. Pointing out a single incident by Berry to say "Look, see!" seems no different than them making a Grayson thread on their own board.

The problem with Berry is, he gets away with dirty shots towards opposing players. I’ve seen it throughout his career and he’s gotten worse every year. This is due to the fact, he knows he can get away with it.

If you live in NC you understand things a little more. It's like THR live. I have friends that are Tar Hole fans, and they detest Allen. I mean detest. He could save an old lady from choking and they would say he hurt her in the process. Grayson isn't innocent, and I haven't liked everything he's done, and most Duke fans don't either.
The problem living here is so deep with hatred both sides, but you have to live here to get it. The things I've heard about K's former players who became assistants, like Wojo or Collins. I realize it's because of K's success, but they are so rich in their hate for us, and it makes it as equal the other side in the process.
Tar Hole fans here call Duke players "floppers," say K trains them to be that way, whiners... you get the point.
Bring up the spider web incident, or the scandal, or anything negative their players have done and their eyes glaze over.
I was talking to a Hole fan, good friend of mine too, last month about Berry, and complimented Berry for his leadership. When I brought up Battier or Hurley, he wouldn't admit anything good about them. That my friends is why some of the hate for them seems over the top, and why I would pull for the Taliban Tigers if they played the Holes.

In the postgame Friday, Berry and Pinson both downplayed Grayson's F1 and said positive things about him. I appreciate that, and it's a reminder that the so-called "hate" we have toward the opposing players is really about the jersey, not the human beings in them.

I'm fine w/ Berry's not being crucified for that play, so I would not cite it as evidence against him so much as to highlight how Grayson is treated unreasonably.
Grayson had did some dumb things but he has been the object of so many cheap shot the last three year that I cannot even begin to count them.Not once had there been publicity about those

The whole point of this thread comes across as pretty salty.

Tony Bennett, a very mild mannered coach was pretty "salty" too when he rushed the court on the media timeout to protest the no call to officials. Gives me GREAT PLEASURE to stick it to Berry and the 'holes after their loss last nite....

#GTHCGTH

OFC

Grayson had did some dumb things but he has been the object of so many cheap shot the last three year that I cannot even begin to count them.Not once had there been publicity about those
In the first loss at BC it looked to me that he was tripped or undercut on break away. Big center
for BC did not have play on the ball but knocked Allen down by contact w legs. No call.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I won’t ever “hate” a kid that plays for the opposing team ( well maybe hanstraveler) just kidding. It’s the the idiotic, moronic, arrogant, holier than thou tarhole fans that I have to deal with on a daily basis that I hate. My mother always told me I shouldn’t hate anyone. Sorry Mom. I had to make an exception.

Berry and Pinson were doing damage control imo. Brooks didn't mind running his mouth about it in this vid.

OFC

Berry and Pinson were doing damage control imo. Brooks didn't mind running his mouth about it in this vid.

OFC
Those reporters are pathetic. Why are they asking him about it being surreal? Does a UNC player even know what that word means? Also, no one got "tripped." Screw the tarheels, all of 'em. Their fans, media supporters and program are 60% crooks.

If you live in NC you understand things a little more. It's like THR live. I have friends that are Tar Hole fans, and they detest Allen. I mean detest. He could save an old lady from choking and they would say he hurt her in the process. Grayson isn't innocent, and I haven't liked everything he's done, and most Duke fans don't either.
The problem living here is so deep with hatred both sides, but you have to live here to get it. The things I've heard about K's former players who became assistants, like Wojo or Collins. I realize it's because of K's success, but they are so rich in their hate for us, and it makes it as equal the other side in the process.
Tar Hole fans here call Duke players "floppers," say K trains them to be that way, whiners... you get the point.
Bring up the spider web incident, or the scandal, or anything negative their players have done and their eyes glaze over.
I was talking to a Hole fan, good friend of mine too, last month about Berry, and complimented Berry for his leadership. When I brought up Battier or Hurley, he wouldn't admit anything good about them. That my friends is why some of the hate for them seems over the top, and why I would pull for the Taliban Tigers if they played the Holes.

I agree, Mac. I don't think Duke fans that live outside of NC realize how it is here. As I've mentioned many times before, I actually liked and rooted for North Carolina in the 60's and much of the 70's (NOT over Duke...but against everyone else). But my respect for the Carolina program was never reciprocated. Yeah, as long as Duke stunk, the Heel fans could tolerate us, but if we were a threat, to hell with us. It got to the point were I slowly began to detest Carolina...because of their fans. They did not, do not, and never will respect Duke. So, that's how I got to where I am today.

OFC

I agree, Mac. I don't think Duke fans that live outside of NC realize how it is here. As I've mentioned many times before, I actually liked and rooted for North Carolina in the 60's and much of the 70's (NOT over Duke...but against everyone else). But my respect for the Carolina program was never reciprocated. Yeah, as long as Duke stunk, the Heel fans could tolerate us, but if we were a threat, to hell with us. It got to the point were I slowly began to detest Carolina...because of their fans. They did not, do not, and never will respect Duke. So, that's how I got to where I am today.

OFC

Well said and very accurate!!! OFC

It's funny because if a UNCheat player had fouled a Duke player the way Grayson did, the entire story would be, "look at how Duke players flop."

Reactions: tw3301

OFC

Well said dirt. That pretty sums it up for me. I haven't always had the distaste for unc as I show now. There was a time when I pulled for the heels when they played outside the conference against some programs to a point but never in a national championship game. It was close against Georgetown but when it came right down to I went Hoya's To be perfectly honest it began when Coach K started having such great success against unc. unc fans really became defensive and more arrogant. They just couldn't deal with it. I mean the success Duke began to have and the closing of the gap between the two programs and Coach K and dean smith. It's even gotten worse with the social media access we have now. A thr poster ask me several years ago was I obsessed with unc and hof coach roy williams because I constantly was disrespectful to both with my post. That's when I referring him to HOF coach Roy Williams to show my respect but when the unc cheating scandal came along I started using lower case letters in reference to anything that has to do with unc. OFC

OFC
Nail on the head sir. I do not know of one hole fan that I can talk college hoops in a civil manner. They always and I mean always circle back around to say something negative about Duke or State or somebody except for them. Total pricks when it comes to college hoops. That’s why I relish in every Cheat loss

OFC
Never rooted for them ever back in the sixties and seventies caused me to have many fistfights

Reactions: hart2chesson
Those reporters are pathetic. Why are they asking him about it being surreal? Does a UNC player even know what that word means? Also, no one got "tripped." Screw the tarheels, all of 'em. Their fans, media supporters and program are 60% crooks.
I thought the same thing after watching that. The look on Brooks face after they said “surreal” made it obvious he didn’t know what the word means. Not surprising given the picture below of an English class in session at UNC.

1200px-Andrew_Classroom_De_La_Salle_University.jpeg

I can't stand talking to most UNC fans either. I have one or two who I can have civil conversations with DAYS later after they've cooled off but most of them are so arrogant. The funny thing is that these people are ONLY arrogant about UNC. if we're talking about any other sport, like any professional sport, they're as pleasant as the next person, but when it comes to college sports and specifically college basketball, nope, they are the worst.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT