ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Trent, Jr.

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
Had the opportunity to see him play last night....wow. I didn't see him all summer and his Apple Valley team was essentially playing in my backyard last night so I went to check it out. They played a completely overmatched Chanhassen team who historically has been pretty good but lost a lot to graduation after last season.

Anyway, Trent scored 46 in a 40-point win and didn't play the last 10 minutes of the game. And he did it in about every way possible....from the outside, at the basket, the midrange, etc. He was put together I thought for a sophomore last year but he's turned into a man. He's uber-talented. He also notched 11 rebounds and three assists. The 46 points scored also set a school record that was held by some kid named Tyus Jones.

Speaking of Tyus, he was in attendance to watch his brother Tre Jones play since the Wolves were off last night. Lots of people crowded around him and Tyus took it all in stride pausing for pictures with a number of fans. His brother scored 11 points and dished out nine assists. Just a really steady player who is going to be a good one.

But Trent? Wow.

Both he and Wendell Carter have stated they want to play together, and they both really like Duke, so we'll see where this goes!

Reactions: DukeDenver
Had the opportunity to see him play last night....wow. I didn't see him all summer and his Apple Valley team was essentially playing in my backyard last night so I went to check it out. They played a completely overmatched Chanhassen team who historically has been pretty good but lost a lot to graduation after last season.

Anyway, Trent scored 46 in a 40-point win and didn't play the last 10 minutes of the game. And he did it in about every way possible....from the outside, at the basket, the midrange, etc. He was put together I thought for a sophomore last year but he's turned into a man. He's uber-talented. He also notched 11 rebounds and three assists. The 46 points scored also set a school record that was held by some kid named Tyus Jones.

Speaking of Tyus, he was in attendance to watch his brother Tre Jones play since the Wolves were off last night. Lots of people crowded around him and Tyus took it all in stride pausing for pictures with a number of fans. His brother scored 11 points and dished out nine assists. Just a really steady player who is going to be a good one.

But Trent? Wow.
Thanks for sharing dukiejay!

Here is his latest blog post. I smiled quite a bit when he talked about his visit to Duke with Wendell Carter.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/the-gar...endell-carter-duke-kentucky-eybl-apple-valley

Actually probably more excited about Tre. I love seeing big numbers in the assist column in the box scores.

Have not seen one of those yet this year....

Both he and Wendell Carter have stated they want to play together, and they both really like Duke, so we'll see where this goes!

No chance, Gary-7 has connections that reach far and wide in Georgia. The coaching mafia has passed on the information that Wendall Carter is a Roy Wheeliams kind of guy. Gary-7 has predicted that he will be a hole, but he wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere ..... ;););)

No chance, Gary-7 has connections that reach far and wide in Georgia. The coaching mafia has passed on the information that Wendall Carter is a Roy Wheeliams kind of guy. Gary-7 has predicted that he will be a hole, but he wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere ..... ;););)
So Carter doesn't go to class, wants to stay in school for longer than 2 years, and eats pudding? Golly gee, what was I thinking then?

Actually probably more excited about Tre. I love seeing big numbers in the assist column in the box scores.

Have not seen one of those yet this year....

Tre Jones

Come to Duke!!!

I'd be shocked if Tre doesn't come to Duke.
I like that comment DJ -- I am trying not to get too excited about any prospect that isn't committed. But REALLY want a pass-first point guard that can be the general on the court.

According to Gary-7, the Harry Potter reference means it wouldn't surprise him if GT went to Duke, but it wouldn't surprise him if he did not. So there is that bit of premium, crystal clear info.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: ;);););););)

According to Gary-7, the Harry Potter reference means it wouldn't surprise him if GT went to Duke, but it wouldn't surprise him if he did not. So there is that bit of premium, crystal clear info.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: ;);););););)
That guy ever consider applying for the vacant weatherman position?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT