ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

For as good as that series was, both teams weren’t at their best. Missing all sorts of starting pitching on both sides. The Reds didn’t have to face Strider or Elder or Fried obviously with him being on the IL. Braves missed Abbott (good young pitcher right now) and they missed Greene and Lodolo as well. If that series was to happen again in the postseason I see it being completely different.

But man, what a series and what a series win!

Fzfy-JBx-WAA0n-Fsq.jpg

Hold me. Thought 50 before All Star game was over along with my childhood summers

No Fried or Wright. Most loaded Braves lineup since atleast 2003. CHOP on fellas

Sidenote we will trade Grissom for a piece. Starter or Pen depending on Wright's health.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
For as good as that series was, both teams weren’t at their best. Missing all sorts of starting pitching on both sides. The Reds didn’t have to face Strider or Elder or Fried obviously with him being on the IL. Braves missed Abbott (good young pitcher right now) and they missed Greene and Lodolo as well. If that series was to happen again in the postseason I see it being completely different.

But man, what a series and what a series win!
Great summary 937, and I hadn't reflected on all your points. Series could take on a decidedly different tone in the playoffs.

In a the broader sense, we need all hands on deck postseason wise for pitching. Reds, 'Stros, Dodgers, whomever will be formidable. Hopefully we get the aces back you mentioned!!

OFC

Fzfy-JBx-WAA0n-Fsq.jpg

Hold me. Thought 50 before All Star game was over along with my childhood summers

No Fried or Wright. Most loaded Braves lineup since atleast 2003. CHOP on fellas

Sidenote we will trade Grissom for a piece. Starter or Pen depending on Wright's health.
Precious times for sure Assassin!! Good thought on Grissom. He's a terrific card to potentially play in such a deal. I do expect it to happen. OFC

Another W tonight! Safe to say that after a couple bad outings that Strider is back! 2 absolutely phenomenal starts in a row. Got that bullpen much needed rest.

I freaking love this team lol
937 I love 'em too brother!!! Strider bore down on the Twins after that 1st inning homer. He struck out 10 in seven innings of work!! That's the Strider we know and love!! Acuna and Ozuna left the yard!!! 4-1 final.Six and a half games lead over the Fish.

OFC

punched the Twins in the face early!!!!...we are still KINGS OF THE SOLO HRs...lol
Unbelievable!!!! This Braves team NEVER ceases to amaze me. As Boogie noted we hit the "Twinks" in the mouth EARLY!! What was it, three 1st inning round-trippers + Albies triple???

Another typical day at the office for Acuna. doing special things like the great Willie Mays. TWO homers, and a running over the shoulder catch he made look fairly easy!!

Love these guys. Twins for an afternoon tilt today, then off until Friday nite. The Fish are coming, The Fish are coming!!! Don't laugh, they don't lose either it seems. OFC

Ok Marlins...you're up!
Episode 1 Boat GIF by The Simpsons
Great stuff smash, ROFLMAO!!! Hope we can make 'em feel like "Fish outta water!!!" Glad we got a much deserved day off tomorrow!! We should be plenty rested, and bullpen should be good to go. The kid Allard pitched well today. I think he went 5 or 6 innings as our starter, in our 3-zip win!! OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5
Braves lineup absolutely loaded. Kind of an opposite of a dynasty of the Braves of the 90s with the loaded rotation.
Always been a good guy GillJet, and thanks for stopping by. I know you're a Reds fan, and we appreciate the kind words. Btw, you guys are having a great year, and a helluva exciting team to watch! Happy 4th! OFC

Reactions: GillJET
1st inning runs scored this year...
Ronald Acuna 26
Marlins 25
Mets 22
😀
Chop on!
Wow, I mean WOW!!! Geez, hope this comes into play starting tonite @smashmouth5 as the Fish begin a three game set @ Truist. 1st pitch @ 7:20, and we send lefty Jared Shuster to the hill.

Braves begin tonite's series six games up on Marlins and ten up on third place on Phillies. Forget the 4th place Mets. How the mighty have fallen, 17 and a half games back. Throw dirt on 'em!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Incidentally, Braves and Marlins begin play tonite both on five game winning streaks. Something's gotta give fellas!!!

OFC

Always been a good guy GillJet, and thanks for stopping by. I know you're a Reds fan, and we appreciate the kind words. Btw, you guys are having a great year, and a helluva exciting team to watch! Happy 4th! OFC
Thanks Hart, I’m a Cards fan not a Reds a fan though. We’re so bad this year I’m having to watch more other teams games, and that Braves/Reds series was as good as it gets.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Thanks Hart, I’m a Cards fan not a Reds a fan though. We’re so bad this year I’m having to watch more other teams games, and that Braves/Reds series was as good as it gets.
Oops sorry for the miscue Gill.I just think this is an outlier for the Cards this year my friend. It's a baseball crazy town, tremendous tradition, and you always think of the Red Birds as a perennial title contender!!!

I saw part of your game last nite against the 'Stros, and understand disappointment. I truly miss Chip Caray calling our games, he's terrific, and I hope you enjoy him on the call. Here's to the Cards bouncing back Gill, great hearing from you!! OFC

Reactions: GillJET
Wow, I mean WOW!!! Geez, hope this comes into play starting tonite @smashmouth5 as the Fish begin a three game set @ Truist. 1st pitch @ 7:20, and we send lefty Jared Shuster to the hill.

Braves begin tonite's series six games up on Marlins and ten up on third place on Phillies. Forget the 4th place Mets. How the mighty have fallen, 17 and a half games back. Throw dirt on 'em!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Incidentally, Braves and Marlins begin play tonite both on five game winning streaks. Something's gotta give fellas!!!

OFC
If you're tuned into the game you already know this: Mike Soroka was called up from Gwinnett, and is starting!! He pitched a strong 1st inning, and Braves have seized an early 5-0 lead. Olson slammed a dinger, and Rosario just went long!!!!

BTW, Jared Shuster tonight's scheduled starter has been optioned to Gwinnett. Meanwhile its 5-0 GOOD GUYS going to 2nd!!! OFC

Oops sorry for the miscue Gill.I just think this is an outlier for the Cards this year my friend. It's a baseball crazy town, tremendous tradition, and you always think of the Red Birds as a perennial title contender!!!

I saw part of your game last nite against the 'Stros, and understand disappointment. I truly miss Chip Caray calling our games, he's terrific, and I hope you enjoy him on the call. Here's to the Cards bouncing back Gill, great hearing from you!! OFC
Agreed, Chip Caray is a pro.

What a game!!!
"What a game" indeed BOOGIE, and Smash just keep on eating the "Fish!!!" 16-4 Atlanta as the Braves PUMMEL the Marlins!! SIX Atlanta Homers, COUNT 'EM SIX, HOME RUN DERBY!!

OLSON (2), (His 28 is 2nd in mlb), "Freddie Who?" JK....
Rosario, Riley, Acuna, Murphy all left the yard!!! Lead is 7 games. Braves set NL RECORD w/61 HRs in a month!!!

Soroka pitched OK. 3 ER's in 6 ip, but no walks and 7 K's.

2nd of 3 today @ 4:10. Chop, Chop!!! OFC

Tell you what, this team shows no sign of slowing down Boog!!! Run off 7 more wins in a row now, 8 games up on Marlins, tomorrow go for sweep!!! OFC
I keep saying “it’s about time for us to get our ass kicked”, becuase it’s baseball, before every game..and they just don’t miss a beat😂. I can’t wait for this rays finale!

I keep saying “it’s about time for us to get our ass kicked”, becuase it’s baseball, before every game..and they just don’t miss a beat😂. I can’t wait for this rays finale!
Enjoy it Ipster, just enjoy.

I keep telling myself the SAME EXACT THING. However this team has soooo much talent, and SWAG!!! #ChopOn

OFC

Reactions: IFaZe
I may be biased but it should be the Braves whole roster as the NL All Star team! They’re definitely playing like it right now!

23-2 it their last 25!
937 I am biased too, but heck, I would love to see us play the AL ALL-STARS!! This team feels like it can win ANY GAME by turning a switch. So much talent and swag, LOVE IT!! OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT