ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Best game of the year from Fried . Curve ball is perfect. Only allowed 2 hits and zero walks in seven innings. He might get a complete game. Only 74 pitches in 7 innings

Nice adjustment by the Braves hitters. Jumped on every first pitch in the 5th. 5 runs on six hits in the fifth on only twenty pitches
Truly amazing 1/2 inning by our Bravos! Boom, boom,boom!!!! Fried with his usual solid performance and looks like we will win, up 6-1 in 9th. Cmon Yanks- beat Mets! OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
A fun first inning in game 2. Riley continues to rip the ball but right at the defense. Swanson would have scored but Riley hit it directly to the second baseman. Braves get a huge break when the Cardinals cleanup hitter hits a ground rule double. Goldschmidt could have crawled home but the umpire made him stop at third

3 on the board after hearing how great this pitcher has been since coming over from the Yanks.

Chop on!

Hate to lose one like last nite. 9th inning comes, you're up one, you expect your closer to shut the door. Kenly had control issues obviously, and the Cards hit a ball 60 feet in the perfect place Dansby can't possibly make a play. Oh well, 3 games back. Win the game on ESPN TONITE and we take the series. OFC

Acuna is out Sunday with knee pain. You can see it lock up sometimes. I'm a broken record. Realistically , it's more important to have everyone ready for the playoffs than pour everything into catching the mets. Well done by Colorado today beating max Scherzer 1-0

Reactions: hart2chesson
ESPN fooled me again. Advertised the Sunday game starting at 700, but it actually starts at 800 . Im SHOCKED that the Little League World Series was called in the 4th inning on the ten run rule, 13-3. You should play the entire game in the final

Odorrizi is throwing 100% fastballs between 91 and 94 . Five shutout innings only 64 pitches. Probably will get pulled after six because they will surely figure him out

Odorrizi is throwing 100% fastballs between 91 and 94 . Five shutout innings only 64 pitches. Probably will get pulled after six because they will surely figure him out
And they did ged, but Odorrizi pleasantly surprised me. For the 2nd nite in row though, we gifted the game away. As you noted, unexpected help from Rockies Sunday.

OFC

And they did ged, but Odorrizi pleasantly surprised me. For the 2nd nite in row though, we gifted the game away. As you noted, unexpected help from Rockies Sunday.

My friend was serving me cheap wine from Italy and I think Croatia. I don't normally drink wine but it was very good. I had no idea that Odorrizi had a no-hitter when I typed that

• Haha
Messed up with the quote button. It was Ged drinking the cheap wine mentioning Odorrizi's no-hitter through five

This made me laugh. I have a friend who looks just like Snitker. The greatest person and successful, but a bit of a dim bulb

IMG-20220830-173036.jpg

We're up early 2-0 over lowly Colorado who extended our BRAVES losing streak to three last nite. Still 3.0 games back as we enter final month tomorrow. However, we've really looked like we've given games away in this skid, and should only be a game out of first.

Onward and hopefully upward. Good news is Acuna is back in lineup tonite. Braves are under .500 without him starting.

OFC

Kyle Wright is now 17-5. Seven scoreless innings. Kenley Jansen struggled again giving up two runs in the ninth. Acuna's bat speed was fabulous. Fun to get Jese Chavez back. He's pretty good with Atlanta and bad for other teams

We're up early 2-0 over lowly Colorado who extended our BRAVES losing streak to three last nite. Still 3.0 games back as we enter final month tomorrow. However, we've really looked like we've given games away in this skid, and should only be a game out of first.

Onward and hopefully upward. Good news is Acuna is back in lineup tonite. Braves are under .500 without him starting.

OFC
We needed that game against the Cardinals and then needed to seeep the Rockies . Not stay on pace while the Mets have the dodgers in town. We didn’t take advantage of it. The Mets have like 6 games after tonight against the 2 worst teams in baseball . Follow by the marlins..lol coming in at number 3 in my choking opinion. Then back to the worst team in baseball again playing 4 times. I think the division is theirs unless they have a absolute melt down or (which it is baseball) bad luck . If I’m Snit I’m a few games away from just gearing up for the playoffs . The division isn’t worth fighting for being handicapped the start of the playoffs . Almost like my piss Poorly coached Vikings running Cook into the ground ALL YEAR (just to make the playoffs ) and expecting him to be fresh and carry them the first game …👎 . Different senario and variables but yea..

Kyle Wright is now 17-5. Seven scoreless innings. Kenley Jansen struggled again giving up two runs in the ninth. Acuna's bat speed was fabulous. Fun to get Jese Chavez back. He's pretty good with Atlanta and bad for other teams
Amazing how under the radar Kyle Wright remains. He's one of better pitchers in all of baseball, but sometimes seems overshadowed by Max Fried.

Don't get me wrong, Max is great of course. However Wright's success is a crucial element in Braves W-L record. Fried was off Tuesday nite, and we lost, but Wright picked us up with shutout ball and the win last nite. Wright did have the good fortune however of Acuna back in the line-up.

Still we're not looking very sharp since we pummeled St.Louis on the road Friday nite. Jansen is scaring me he's doing a Will Smith impersonation out of the 'pen, fielding has been less than crisp, and Riley finally busted out of a slump last nite by going yard. Anyway,let's not have a September implosion.Glad to have Chavez back. Must win tonite- cannot drop two of three at home to pitiful Rockies. OFC

Braves are. -175 favorites tonight with Morton facing the brilliant Alcantara for the Marlins. Very surprised to be such a large favorite against a very good pitcher who goes at least 7 innings every start

Incredible performance by Spencer Strider. 8 innings, zero runs, zero walks, 2 hits and an Atlanta Braves record 16 strikeouts!

Warren Spahn holds the franchise record with 18 for the Boston Braves in 1952 against Bob Feller and the Cleveland Indians

Status quo nite in NL EAST as Braves and Mets take down Fish, 'Nationals respectively. Nice to see us put 8 runs on the board. Braves remain at three games back, but appear to have stranglehold on top wildcard berth.

OFC

Status quo nite in NL EAST as Braves and Mets take down Fish, 'Nationals respectively. Nice to see us put 8 runs on the board. Braves remain at three games back, but appear to have stranglehold on top wildcard berth.

OFC

Putting it to a Cy Young contender was even sweeter. Also saw Ozzie went 2-3 in his first rehab start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT