ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Braves are hitting beautifully tonight against Patrick Corbin. Lots of hits, not just HRs
Beautiful so far! Anderson pitched well, and benefitted from a 6-0 lead. He still made his obligatory 6th inning max exit.He ran into a jam. Colin McHugh on in middle relief now just hit a batter. Atlanta lead at 6-1,not home free yet, bases loaded.

OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Beautiful so far! Anderson pitched well, and benefitted from a 6-0 lead. He still made his obligatory 6th inning max exit.He ran into a jam. Colin McHugh on in middle relief now just hit a batter. Atlanta lead at 6-1,not home free yet, bases loaded.

OFC
The Nationals batter made no effort to avoid the HBP. Oh well. McHugh pitched with excellent movement. Looking good. Fried tomorrow? Maybe 5 innings from Strider Sunday with 2 in relief from Morton?

Reactions: hart2chesson
Poor Will Smith can not get outs. Gave up 3 hits and 2walks and only retired 2. Braves have to use Minter yet again
He seems to almost crave getting into trouble!!!! Finally toward end of season last year, he appeared to have it figured out. He may have lost it totally now...OFC

The Cubs pitched great this weekend holding the mets to 2 runs, 1 and 2 in regulation this weekend, but lost both games Saturday in extra innings and won Sunday 3-2. Braves won 3 out of 4. and get a deserved break

Mets have a 2.5 games lead at the All Star Break

I can see it’s gonna come down to our head to head matchups. I don’t much care about the division title though. I just want to play in October. Which baring a catastrophe and miracle we will be. My only concern half way through, and I had to dig deep, is can we score against the better teams without hitting HRs. We got to be able to adjust to a pitcher that has his stiff working and shorten our swing and ht for contact. Too many Ks. Our guys can’t fall too much in love with the long all I’m sure Snit will be doing a lot of situation things this next half that will have us thinking what the hell is he doing , getting his guys ready for the playoffs though.

O
I can see it’s gonna come down to our head to head matchups. I don’t much care about the division title though. I just want to play in October. Which baring a catastrophe and miracle we will be. My only concern half way through, and I had to dig deep, is can we score against the better teams without hitting HRs. We got to be able to adjust to a pitcher that has his stiff working and shorten our swing and ht for contact. Too many Ks. Our guys can’t fall too much in love with the long all I’m sure Snit will be doing a lot of situation things this next half that will have us thinking what the hell is he doing , getting his guys ready for the playoffs though.
Ifaze just a question if we overtake the Mets or take wildcard. We're playing post-season!

OFC

Very happy to see Acuna knocked out in the first round of HR Derby. He was swinging so hard and hitting popups just as he has in real games. Hopefully he will work on leveling his swing

His swing was much shorter with tremendous power a month ago.

Very happy to see Acuna knocked out in the first round of HR Derby. He was swinging so hard and hitting popups just as he has in real games. Hopefully he will work on leveling his swing

His swing was much shorter with tremendous power a month ago.

Saw somebody make a good point. Ronald may be missing Ozzie more than anybody. Ozzie seemed to be the guy that kept him loose.

Charlie Morton starting tonight in first game back after the all star break. I am shocked that Atlanta is a 3:2 favorite against shohei ohtani who is 6-0 in his last six starts

Charlie Morton starting tonight in first game back after the all star break. I am shocked that Atlanta is a 3:2 favorite against shohei ohtani who is 6-0 in his last six starts
Same here ged! Btw, I DO NOT see this happening:

OFC

What a fun game so far. Ohtani is hitting 101 plus a split finger. Morton just escaped first and third with no outs with a strikeout and a double play

0-0 after 5 innings. Ohtani is amazing. It's like the Kerry Wood 20 strikeouts game. He's throwing a 100 mph whiffle ball

The worm has turned. Ohtani couldn't find the plate against Swanson. Walk. Grooved a slower fastball to Olson for a 2 run HR

Org has also done a great job getting their top draft picks signed. That trade with KC was such a shrewd move as the Braves are trying to restock the minors. Don't forget the penalty they suffered under the last group for tampering is either coming off or just came off so the money they have for international players should be going up.

Braves have had more rough losses than extra special wins this season despite a very good record. Beating Ohtani Friday night was more than a regular win. Great job by Charlie Morton and Dylan Lee to put the Braves in position for a special win. Ohtani was perfect for six innings and then lost control in a scoreless game. If he had a cushion, he probably would have only given up a run or two in the seventh

Justin Verlander is pitching a gem on FS1 against the Mariners. Maybe the ball is different? Maybe the radar gun is tweaked? Maybe spin rate analysis? He's throwing 99 with incredible movement a year after Tommy John surgery. Probably being married to Kate Upton is worth 6 mph

• Haha
Justin Verlander is pitching a gem on FS1 against the Mariners. Maybe the ball is different? Maybe the radar gun is tweaked? Maybe spin rate analysis? He's throwing 99 with incredible movement a year after Tommy John surgery. Probably being married to Kate Upton is worth 6 mph
Definitely Upton is a "boost."

OFC

Braves have 38 games on the road and only 28 at home the rest of the way.

Braves opponents are slightly better than the Mets also. The Mets have a lot of games against the Nationals.

Scherzer is back and deGrom is back any day. The Braves play 5 games at the mets in two weeks. It will be fun to watch

Braves have 38 games on the road and only 28 at home the rest of the way.

Braves opponents are slightly better than the Mets also. The Mets have a lot of games against the Nationals.

Scherzer is back and deGrom is back any day. The Braves play 5 games at the mets in two weeks. It will be fun to watch
I would love to slip ahead of the Mets, and have a slight lead in EAST going into that series. OFC

Adam Duvall out for the year with wrist surgery.
Well that sucks. Of course injuries are part of the game, next man up. Today we were AWFUL. Honestly the Braves looked like they wanted to just skip the game, and get on the flight to Philadelphia.

I think Ian Anderson may have started his last game as an Atlanta Brave, at least for awhile. His demotion to AAA Gwinnett has been rumored a while, and this probably tipped the scales. He gave up 5 runs first inning, and the team threw in the towel.

Well that's my rant,summary and bold prediction.Trading deadline is a week from today, and I do think we'll make some moves.

Onto Philly now. A three game set w/the Phillies. If the Padres beat the Mets tonite, (ESPN/7:08), we stay half a game out.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT