ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Well the wind was blowing IN at Wrigley today. Again, not a good mix for a long ball hitting club like the Braves.

However you have to give the Cubs credit! They hit a lot of line drives and hard grounders for hits for a 6-3 win.

Braves bats FINALLY woke up a little after getting shut out yesterday, but too little and too late. I am ready to get out of Chicago, series final tomorrow.

One Braves lingering problem Snit is going to have to address: the lack of offensive production from Marcel Ozuna and Matt Olson. 0-8 combined today, as they produced another goose egg at the plate!! OFC

They are not built to play in Wrigly. Offense depends so much on the long ball and that's fine until the wind is blowing in 20 mph.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Braves doing work this evening. Chop on!
BRAVES WIN!! BRAVES WIN!!! One of those extra important games. Fried 7 great scoreless innings. Will Smith and Jansen get in all sorts of trouble. Arcia with the rbi single for the 2-1 win
Huge win!!!! One of those late inning wins that's characterized us the last several years! Fried was locked in wasn't he???!!! As poor as our relief pitching was guys, it's amazing the pen only gave up 1 run!!!

I swear Smith should go into acting after baseball is over. Talk about a flair for the dramatic!!! BTW, this was a big game in wild card standings too.We may battle the Giants ALL SUMMER for a spot if we don't overtake Mets. They won-still 6.5 back.

OFC

I was surprised that Strider was pulled last night. I thought that he was settling down in the 4th. The Giants hit some incredible pitches in that inning. Not that I know anything. Probably much easier to judge at field level

Former nc State pitcher, Carlos Rodon, is in complete control through 5 against the Braves. 0-2 after 5 innings.

Phil Gosselin, subbing for Austin Riley, has no pop in his bat

What a fun game! Braves win 4-3. Contreras is a tremendous, professional hitter. Giants scored a cheap run in the 9th. Minter put his two strikes pitch two inches inside. The Giants hitter didn't move his huge elbow pad and was awarded a hit by pitch, and eventually scored

Poor Kyle Wright pitches on Thursday at noon. 99 degrees forecasted.

Take 3 of 4 from the Giants. Now 4 back of the Mets.

Let's hand Freddy his series ring and then a series of loses

Chop on!

Some starters got the entire day off.
You're right, and they were still able to win-impressive! The 17-3 record in June posted by @bleediteveryday30 is amazing! Braves were 10.5 games to Mets back end of May, and have trimmed it to 4 in less than a month!

Mets to Marlins this weekend, and an emotional filled weekend in Atlanta.Freddy Freeman returns for the first time as a Dodger. I wish him well, but ideally his team would get swept this weekend! OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT