ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

I know man. I just don’t think lightening strikes twice for them. And karma for cheating beats them. They win Tuesday and gain confidence, then Wednesday the lowly Braves put them to bed. And I hope Freeman is the reason

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I know man. I just don’t think lightening strikes twice for them. And karma for cheating beats them. They win Tuesday and gain confidence, then Wednesday the lowly Braves put them to bed. And I hope Freeman is the reason

I can't handle a game 7 man. This stuff depresses me so much. The Braves have taken years off my life.

Reactions: KDSTONE
All good insights guys. 95% at least I agree with, and I think bleed stressed it most, is returning to Houston. I detest it. It does seem we've woke up the sleeping, CHEATING giant.

When Adam grand salamied, I didnt think it was over- but did feel about 75-80% we would win. As bleed noted, we should have never gambled a 3rd with Tucker. We played with fire and got burned.

As for game 6, I am using an OVERSIMPLIFIED formula I realize,but just saying this: I am going to simply say a solid pitcher like Max is DUE to be on, and somehow gives us a pretty solid 5 innings. I have more confidence in Ian, but don't want to think about a game 7: Houston will win if it goes that far. I have been with the Braves since the 70's, and suffered too- the team has got to band together and refuse to lose.

Btw, as a side note, Buck and Smoltz are really pissing me off- I think Fox Sports has been against the Braves from Day 1, and they can bite me. Thanks for letting me vent- Go Braves! OFC

Last edited:
We all want this so bad we can taste it. At the same time, we're Braves fans and we've seen this movie so many times before. Let's hope this guys can write a happy ending, unlike some in the past.

Reactions: KDSTONE
All good insights guys. 95% at least I agree with, and I think bleed stressed it most, is returning to Houston. I detest it. It does seem we've woke up the sleeping, CHEATING giant.

When Adam grand salamied, I didnt think it was over- but did feel about 75-80% we would win. As bleed noted, we should have never gambled a 3rd with Tucker. We played with fire and got burned.

As for game 6, I am using an OVERSIMPLIFIED formula I realize,but just saying this: I am going to simply say a solid pitcher like Max is DUE to be on, and somehow gives us a pretty solid 5 innings. I have more confidence in Ian, but don't want to think about a game 7: Houston will win if it goes that far. I have been with the Braves since the 70's, and suffered too- the team has got to band together and refuse to lose.

Btw, as a side note, Buck and Smoltz are really pissing me off- I think Fox Sports has been against the Braves from Day 1, and they can bite me. Thanks for letting me vent- Go Braves! OFC
Hart, the fact that they're a bunch of cheaters makes this so hard to swallow man. I hate that Dusty Baker is managing this group. If he wasn't playing the Braves and managing the Astros I would be pulling for him. He is a great person. But I cannot stomach the thought of seeing Jose Altuve holding another championship trophy. He epitomizes everything I hate about sports and sports culture today. A person who cheats and cuts corners doesn't honor the game or the history of those who have come before him. And he doesn't deserve to win. Have you seen the "No Remorse" t-shirts that Houston fans wear? I would be sick if the Braves pulled some horrendous garbage like he and his teammates pulled. It has been 26 years. There was a lot of painful losses before and there have been since. That said, if the Braves blow this 3-1 lead in the WS I say that takes the cake and it's not even close. Let's hope they can do it on Tuesday. Like you, I think a game 7 goes to Houston.

Exactly. When Adam homered I thought that our chances were about what you said and that it canceled out our pitching dilemma with a four run head start. Just a devastating loss Maybe they’ll feel some pressure now that they’re at home and we can steal game 6

Hart, the fact that they're a bunch of cheaters makes this so hard to swallow man. I hate that Dusty Baker is managing this group. If he wasn't playing the Braves and managing the Astros I would be pulling for him. He is a great person. But I cannot stomach the thought of seeing Jose Altuve holding another championship trophy. He epitomizes everything I hate about sports and sports culture today. A person who cheats and cuts corners doesn't honor the game or the history of those who have come before him. And he doesn't deserve to win. Have you seen the "No Remorse" t-shirts that Houston fans wear? I would be sick if the Braves pulled some horrendous garbage like he and his teammates pulled. It has been 26 years. There was a lot of painful losses before and there have been since. That said, if the Braves blow this 3-1 lead in the WS I say that takes the cake and it's not even close. Let's hope they can do it on Tuesday. Like you, I think a game 7 goes to Houston.
Marvelous post my friend! Right on point! OFC

Exactly. When Adam homered I thought that our chances were about what you said and that it canceled out our pitching dilemma with a four run head start. Just a devastating loss Maybe they’ll feel some pressure now that they’re at home and we can steal game 6
KD, good point- I think everyone expects Houston to take Game 6. Hoping they relax a little too much...OFC

KD, good point- I think everyone expects Houston to take Game 6. Hoping they relax a little too much...OFC
I expect Fried to go 6.2 tomorrow and get the win. He should be relatively fresh. He was the best pitcher in baseball at the end of the season. He's been trying to hard in the postseason. I know that they won't do it, but if up by 2 In the seventh, I would be tempted to let Ian Anderson pitch the final three innings

I gave up on rooting against teams because they were usually really good so it never worked out. I hope that I would root against the cheating Astros, but it hasn't crossed my mind. I'm only cheering for the Braves. I loved summer nights cheering with my dad for Dale Murphy. My dad predicted that Murph would one day be a US Senator from Utah. I'd vote for him

I expect Fried to go 6.2 tomorrow and get the win. He should be relatively fresh. He was the best pitcher in baseball at the end of the season. He's been trying to hard in the postseason. I know that they won't do it, but if up by 2 In the seventh, I would be tempted to let Ian Anderson pitch the final three innings
I like your thinking....OFC

I gave up on rooting against teams because they were usually really good so it never worked out. I hope that I would root against the cheating Astros, but it hasn't crossed my mind. I'm only cheering for the Braves. I loved summer nights cheering with my dad for Dale Murphy. My dad predicted that Murph would one day be a US Senator from Utah. I'd vote for him
Murph would get my vote in a heartbeat. Glad you have those wonderful memories with your dad my friend. OFC

Thanks. Thanks a lot! My dad really stunned me with his love for Deion. My dad was in his early 90s. I would make his supper at 5:30. He would sleep until 9:00, and wake up just in time to tell me the importance of a base stealer like Deion Sanders. I suspect that one day I will meet Deion or Murphy, and break down crying as the memories overtake me.

I've told this story before but some may have never read it. It was around 1985 and my wife and I were expecting. Even though a Yankee fan I watched the Braves on TBS and of cousre became a Murphy fan. It was during his best years and I sent him a fan letter telling him about our unborn child and ask for an autographed picture. I gave him the name of a boy and girl in hopes he would one each. It took over a year before I recieved anything. He sent a pic of both best wishes to both girl and boy and a third one that was signed Best wishes Dale Murphy in case we changed our minds about the name. Now the reason it took so long. He sent me a hand written letter congradulating us and apologized for taking so long. The rrason it took so long was he read every piece of fan mail. One of a kind. Dale Murphy. OFC

I've told this story before but some may have never read it. It was around 1985 and my wife and I were expecting. Even though a Yankee fan I watched the Braves on TBS and of cousre became a Murphy fan. It was during his best years and I sent him a fan letter telling him about our unborn child and ask for an autographed picture. I gave him the name of a boy and girl in hopes he would one each. It took over a year before I recieved anything. He sent a pic of both best wishes to both girl and boy and a third one that was signed Best wishes Dale Murphy in case we changed our minds about the name. Now the reason it took so long. He sent me a hand written letter congradulating us and apologized for taking so long. The rrason it took so long was he read every piece of fan mail. One of a kind. Dale Murphy. OFC
Good stuff sky. Nicest famous athlete I ever met was cal Ripken. Just coming off World Series of 83 at spring training taking time to talk to everyone signing autographs. What a treasured memory

I'm shocked that Murphy never sniffed the Hall of Fame. He won two NL MVPs. His overall stats aren't that great, but he revitalized the Braves franchise, and two MVPs should trump the other rhetoric ala Terrell Davis' HOF resume' for the Denver Broncos
I thought about that when Ted Simmons made the HOF who I thought never would. I know catchers don’t have to pile up the offensive numbers other positions do it’s unbelievably important position but I’d take Dale over many guys in the Hall.

I thought about that when Ted Simmons made the HOF who I thought never would. I know catchers don’t have to pile up the offensive numbers other positions do it’s unbelievably important position but I’d take Dale over many guys in the Hall.
Murphy started in the Minors as a 6'5" catcher who could not throw out a base stealer. He threw it straight to the Center Fielder every time at 90 mph. His AA manager sent him to Center Field, and it was smooth sailing after the switch

Reactions: skysdad
Murphy started in the Minors as a 6'5" catcher who could not throw out a base stealer. He threw it straight to the Center Fielder every time at 90 mph. His AA manager sent him to Center Field, and it was smooth sailing after the switch
Dam id forgotten he caught early on

Mehhh the pressures on them. They’re supposed to win. Especially at home. If there’s a game 7 the pressures still much more on them than us. But judging by the body language and lips reading between freeman and the entire Astro roster at first base is there any pressure at all either side? Hahahaha defiantly nowhere close to the fan pressures. But foreal I think you could flip a coin now as to who wins this thing. I don’t feel confident going back to Houston but we have 2 games to get a little break here and there and take a game and the ship! Also in the back of my mind is what a team we have next year if we can get these guys back regardless! I will say IF…man I can tell you if we lose this thing and lose Freeman I’m done. Dead! Roll me over pull my pants down and poke a white flag in my buttcrack and sing kumbaya hasta leugo mfsss PEACE!

There is a book out. It's been out for a while. Autobiogrsphy called The Murph. Great book. No stories about baseball groupies or teammates going out partying. No leave it in the club house stories. Good reading. He even had the writers stay at his home instead of a hotel. OFC

The Duvall Grand Slam seemed almost too good to be true. It looked like the Braves were trying to hold on despite ninety percent of the game remaining. Snitker needs to give a good pep talk. Fried and Anderson are better than the Astros counterparts .

Mehhh the pressures on them. They’re supposed to win. Especially at home. If there’s a game 7 the pressures still much more on them than us. But judging by the body language and lips reading between freeman and the entire Astro roster at first base is there any pressure at all either side? Hahahaha defiantly nowhere close to the fan pressures. But foreal I think you could flip a coin now as to who wins this thing. I don’t feel confident going back to Houston but we have 2 games to get a little break here and there and take a game and the ship! Also in the back of my mind is what a team we have next year if we can get these guys back regardless! I will say IF…man I can tell you if we lose this thing and lose Freeman I’m done. Dead! Roll me over pull my pants down and poke a white flag in my buttcrack and sing kumbaya hasta leugo mfsss PEACE!
I know Freddie is laid back California guy. I love him as a ball player and hope to God he’s resigned. But if he scaled back the love fest at first base with every base runner I’d be cool with that

Thanks. Thanks a lot! My dad really stunned me with his love for Deion. My dad was in his early 90s. I would make his supper at 5:30. He would sleep until 9:00, and wake up just in time to tell me the importance of a base stealer like Deion Sanders. I suspect that one day I will meet Deion or Murphy, and break down crying as the memories overtake me.
#SpecialMoments

Love it ged! OFC

bleed, join club. Feels like I have said it every game, but tonite is TRULY OUR MUST WIN. Game 7 I almost give a default to the Cheaters.

OFC
I would say that too but Ian will be on the mound in game 7. One bad mo fo. We have weathered the storm. If the hitters hit then we’ll be getting a big old trophy soon. Go Braves

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT