ADVERTISEMENT

Excellent coaching job by coach Scheyer and staff

Tik Tok

Recruit
Jan 23, 2023
That was as well done all the way around as we’ve seen in a long time. From managing awful turnovers early from trying too hard, to Flip’s foul trouble, guard rotations, defensive assignments, defensive rotations, managing Who was hot (Mitchel) (Foster), limiting Blakes to his true role, etc. etc.

The Ryan Young BS narrative can be put to rest for another week or so. He was awesome.

Most importantly, we played with more toughness than we’ve seen since coach took over.

WINNER WINNER!

That was as well done all the way around as we’ve seen in a long time. From managing awful turnovers early from trying too hard, to Flip’s foul trouble, guard rotations, defensive assignments, defensive rotations, managing Who was hot (Mitchel) (Foster), limiting Blakes to his true role, etc. etc.

The Ryan Young BS narrative can be put to rest for another week or so. He was awesome.

Most importantly, we played with more toughness than we’ve seen since coach took over.

WINNER WINNER!
Awesome…..against a weak MSU front court lol.

Btw it’s “Mitchell”.

I’d like a definition of managing awful turnovers early😂

Great win. Not sure how good MSU (6-8 seed that makes a run most likely) is but a much needed tough win by our guys. We outrebounded them by 3. Foster was the difference maker. MSU makes you win ugly, and Jon is learning on the job. Lots to like. If Foster and McCain both pop this team will be very good.

Last edited:
Already managed but keep trying troll. Nighty night, pumpkin. 🤫

#MitcheLL
Another positive thread shot down by emoji boy. A grown man that can’t accept that Ryan Young played well and constantly uses emojis. Well done.

I like the progress that we showed last night. It's still only mid November.

Still going to need Stewart or Reeves to play meaningful minutes. Once again Stewart showed some promise but Scheyer doesn't trust him yet. Reeves didn't play so that tells us all we need to know about how the coaches feel about him.

Another positive thread shot down by emoji boy. A grown man that can’t accept that Ryan Young played well and constantly uses emojis. Well done.
You really think, after 30 posts, you can just create a thread that clearly should’ve been in the game day thread? How ignorant lol.😂

Those wanting to see more Reeves I just don’t think it’s going to happen. Not only not this season but probably ever here at Duke.

There’s a huge difference in Lively and Reeves. Lively was a top prospect, Reeves is a project.

Lively at 7’ has rarely seen agility for a man his size. Reeves moves ok straight ahead but not laterally.

About Power, none of us has seen much of him but what I’ve seen is that he is a step behind the pace of power 5 play right now. Power however in my opinion can adjust and play, but not much this year.

Just my 2 cents…

Reactions: mbdfan and Duke Blu
I’m leaning more towards Reeves is still getting healthy and in game shape . If the kid barely plays this season don’t really see him returning . Yes I know he has to earn minutes and show he can play but practice only gets you so far .

Reactions: Fourteen44
Those wanting to see more Reeves I just don’t think it’s going to happen. Not only not this season but probably ever here at Duke.

There’s a huge difference in Lively and Reeves. Lively was a top prospect, Reeves is a project.

Lively at 7’ has rarely seen agility for a man his size. Reeves moves ok straight ahead but not laterally.

Yeah, it is kind of why i have been leaving Reeves out when talking about the need to develop another rebounder and defender in the post and why i believe that is going to be Stewart. Stewart has the most upside among he, Reeves and Young, even at being only 6’9. His athleticism, including shot blocking and rebounding were considered his strengths coming out.

This year thus far, I have been thrilled with our defense. Most of the problems with this team, I believe, are fixable. MSU was some tough shots made and a very slow start away from being blown out. We score, what, 71 points in the final 32?

Hmmmm I’ve been here since 2012. You? Since 1/2023….lol.

I watched the highlights. This is a very simple explanation, but our offense has always relied on hitting 3 point shots. . Short of having Zion and RJ, when we hit 3s that opens everything else up. When Foster began hitting those 3s the lanes opened up. When we don't hit 3s our offense grinds to a halt. It sounds so simple but I've noticed this over the years. We also seemed to be holding on to the ball too long. I'm sure Jon will work on quicker ball movement.
Speaking of rebounding Henry Coleman had 13 and 15 and 20 and 11 his last 2 games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT