ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels thinks we get Vernon Carey and Boogie Ellis

Ellis and Casey would be a great fit with what Duke is projected to bring back. Some other questions are does Jones come back, i can see him having a tyus like year where he is good during the season not great, but then gets red hot during the post season and his stock rises. What happens with ques as well. If casey commits i would imagine ques transfers. Also will anyone from the 20 class surprise everyone and reclassify?

I assume you’ve won billions buying lottery tickets.
image.jpg

Ellis and Casey would be a great fit with what Duke is projected to bring back. Some other questions are does Jones come back, i can see him having a tyus like year where he is good during the season not great, but then gets red hot during the post season and his stock rises. What happens with ques as well. If casey commits i would imagine ques transfers. Also will anyone from the 20 class surprise everyone and reclassify?

If Tre does leave, would love to see RJ reclassify. He’s the best pure PG in either the 2019 or 2020 class. Would also love to see BJ Boston come in with this class. He’s the wing that we need next year.

why would bolden transfer as a senior w/ only him, jav, and carey as the bigs?

why would bolden transfer as a senior w/ only him, jav, and carey as the bigs?
I don’t think Bolden and Carey could play together meaning Bolden wouldn’t start.

Javin and Carey however is a GREAT fit, they complement each other perfect for offense/defense.

I don’t think Bolden would transfer either way though.

What's. guru Gary - 7 saying? OFC
It’s really mind boggling how most people on that site take whatever that idiot says and believes whatever he says like he’s some recruiting expert! Him, Dsouthr, Steat, and TFKapes or whatever that posters name is are the biggest buffoons prolly in the Carolina fan base.

Reactions: skysdad
So much depends on Javin and Bolden. If they can lock down the 5 spot, this team reaches it's full potential. If not, depth is very limited and we will be forced to go small because we have to, not because it is to our advantage. If our role players do their job, Zion, Cam, RJ and will dominate. If not, the fab 4 will have to do too much, including filling roles that take away from their strengths. Like 15, we need a great 8.

You think he would get drafted?

I'm saying, I don't think it will matter to him at that point. Unless he is absolutely chained to the bench, playing 10-15 mpg or less, I think Bolden might feel that his stock was high enough that he'd take his chances.
Barring him turning into a top tier defender, rebounder, or perimeter shooter, Bolden is likely to have to spend time in the D league, working his way into the league. If we make the FF, he might (imho, he WILL) decide to go ahead and start working his way into the league.

Reactions: skysdad
You think he would get drafted?

Likely no. But if he has a decent year this year and doesn’t get drafted, will that change a year later? At this point it is almost a sure thing that the offense will never run through him. If he has any chance he will need to pick a spot when his value is the highest. That would be at the end of this year. A lot of things need to go right though for that even to be a discussion.

Likely no. But if he has a decent year this year and doesn’t get drafted, will that change a year later? At this point it is almost a sure thing that the offense will never run through him. If he has any chance he will need to pick a spot when his value is the highest. That would be at the end of this year. A lot of things need to go right though for that even to be a discussion.

No offense will ever run through him. That isn't the NBA anymore. If he doesn't accept the reality of the game now, the NBA won't feature in his future. More games like Ferris St (against legit comp, obvi), where he rebounded and defended well, will get him looks in the NBA.

If we get Ellis - he and Tre could be a nice combination. Ellis is a combo guard and a scorer.

It would be pretty sweet to see two quick smallish players at both guard spots. Long time since we had that.

Then throw in Bolden, the other vet holdovers, along with Moore and possibly Carey ... good looking mixture there.

No offense will ever run through him. That isn't the NBA anymore. If he doesn't accept the reality of the game now, the NBA won't feature in his future. More games like Ferris St (against legit comp, obvi), where he rebounded and defended well, will get him looks in the NBA.

I wasn’t referring to an NBA offense, I was referring to Duke’s offense. Did last year’s offense not run through Wendell and Marvin? Better yet, did the 2015 offense not run through Big Jah? I don’t think it’s outlandish to think that Ques had hopes of one day having the Duke offense run through him. That clearly is no longer the case. Which means he won’t have the same opportunities to get noticed between now and the end of his natural college career. If he has any chance of getting drafted, even if highly unlikely, he will take it. But again, a lot of good things would have to occur before even the unlikely is an actual consideration.

The offense never ran through Lance or MP3, but I have to believe that the extra year of development they got their senior years paid off big time for them in respect to the NBA.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Didn't make Cole Anthony's final list as expected. Looking good for Ellis though.

I wasn’t referring to an NBA offense, I was referring to Duke’s offense. Did last year’s offense not run through Wendell and Marvin? Better yet, did the 2015 offense not run through Big Jah? I don’t think it’s outlandish to think that Ques had hopes of one day having the Duke offense run through him. That clearly is no longer the case. Which means he won’t have the same opportunities to get noticed between now and the end of his natural college career. If he has any chance of getting drafted, even if highly unlikely, he will take it. But again, a lot of good things would have to occur before even the unlikely is an actual consideration.

No offense, at Duke or the NBA, will ever run through Bolden. Last year, with its distant second place in the regular season conf finish, with an elite 8 run, isn't enough to inspire someone to run O's through the post. And certainly not through Bolden.

No offense, at Duke or the NBA, will ever run through Bolden. Last year, with its distant second place in the regular season conf finish, with an elite 8 run, isn't enough to inspire someone to run O's through the post. And certainly not through Bolden.

Again it worked pretty well in 2015. A majority of our offensive reps went through the post. You are difficult to discuss with, you should try reading what other people are writing before restating your conclusory opinion.

Reactions: mrbud
Again it worked pretty well in 2015. A majority of our offensive reps went through the post. You are difficult to discuss with, you should try reading what other people are writing before restating your conclusory opinion.

Go back and look at the "Okafor Theory" from back then. It was four out and 1 in.
Further, if you can't see the difference between the abilities of guys like Oakfor and Bagley, compared to Bolden, then reading your posts won't help.
Any offense that runs through Bolden will lose 20 games.
It is a perimeter game. Offense from bigs is great, so long as it is on top of defense and rebounding.

I can't find a link but on Twitter I just read that Vernon Carey JR will be making an announcement by the end of November. I think that bodes well for us.

Reactions: Showenuff
I can't find a link but on Twitter I just read that Vernon Carey JR will be making an announcement by the end of November. I think that bodes well for us.

Rivals article has him making a decision before the end of the year. Also, UNC is considered top three for both Cole Anthony and Boogie Ellis. More than likely they get Cole and we get Boogie. I’ll take Boogie and Carey over Cole and Bacot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT