ADVERTISEMENT

Duval Backstory

BlueDaveil

All Conference
Nov 25, 2017
Good article from CBS about Trevon and his upbringing. I think it’s easy to forget sometimes how much work behind the scenes some of these kids have put in before they get to Duke to be this good. Despite some of his struggles this season you could always tell Trevon’s work ethic was there and he never seemed to get upset about being benched or not starting. I think his emergence the last two games is why we have looked so good offensively and we will definitely need him to keep playing well on our way to #6.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-factor-with-streetball-tapes-and-tough-love/

His struggles are brought up a lot on here, but I honestly don't know if we would have the ceiling of a national champion without him. He's instrumental to the top of our zone and he's the one guy on our roster that could consistently beat his man off the dribble. Thrilled to have him for as long as we do.

The young man has been great on defense. His length, quickness and effort has made teams have to work extremely hard just to get the ball past half court. If K could get everyone to play with his kind of enthusiasm on D, Duke would win the natty in a walk.

Reactions: Quavarius
He’s still very raw as a point guard. He’s very unselfish but he’s still learning. I believe he has done well this year to say he’s learning on the job how to run a team full of scorers. I just hope he stays aggressive like he was in the beginning and these last few games.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
He's a Dukie guys and he wants to do good. He's had some great moments this year and will get better and better.OFC

Reactions: dbav
Duvals the third best point guard we’ve had in this duke one and done era and it’s not even close. In terms of what he’s meant to actual team success he surpasses kyrie for second. Never understood any hate for the guy when others have struggled as well this year

Never understood any hate for the guy when others have struggled as well this year
The criticism he received was due to some terrible turnovers he had paired with some bad shooting. None of the other freshmen had equally bad passes and shooting. Following the UNC loss, Duval has really eliminated the 2-3 bonehead plays per game and replaced them with some very clever plays. He has silenced the critics with his play, which is what a great player does.

Reactions: dbav and GillJET
The kids been criticized a lot, but I'm glad he's on our team. He seems to keep the same mind frame whether he's up or down and I like that.

Reactions: dukesince91
The criticism he received was due to some terrible turnovers he had paired with some bad shooting. None of the other freshmen had equally bad passes and shooting. Following the UNC loss, Duval has really eliminated the 2-3 bonehead plays per game and replaced them with some very clever plays. He has silenced the critics with his play, which is what a great player does.

And that’s fine to hawk on him for making bad plays but I’d beg to differ af the others not having similar moments. Remember also... he’s a freshman. Trent, this year, has had some really awful games. Austin rivers had games like that. Frank Jackson had some games like that. Jayson Tatum has some games like that. Allen has made some really dumb plays and absolutely terrible games also .My quarrel is some posters made it seem like he was the worst player ever. Criticism seemed to only go to him instead of some of the other guys in my opinion.

If we win tonight, there's a good chance Duval will have played a good part. I like the kid. I like all the kids on this team. Not gonna say I've liked every kid that has played for Duke.
To me, he hustles all the time, but being labeled a one and done has the expectations higher than say, O'Connell.

Fought his ass off last light on one leg. His sliding down from the top and getting steals/deflections is why we beat the cheaters the previous game.

Reactions: MyDudeG
His struggles are brought up a lot on here, but I honestly don't know if we would have the ceiling of a national champion without him. He's instrumental to the top of our zone and he's the one guy on our roster that could consistently beat his man off the dribble. Thrilled to have him for as long as we do.

Agree but he badly needs to come back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT