ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UCF - NCAA TOURNAMENT 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Yeah, Bolden is a non threat offensively on the court. He also moves like he is on stilts. The 2015 team was held together by Quinn Cook. A senior they could rely on, who was not afraid of the moment but could be there for the young guys. Okafor, Winslow and Tyus were great players, Tyus was one of the most developed 18 year olds Ive seen play. Maturity level and poise were excellent. Last year's team had Grayson, this year's team has no one meaningful in the upper class that plays.
The funny thing is that Cook actually disappeared in that final and Jones and Allen were the two that stepped up to the moment.

On the last play of the game, watch Delaurier get cleared out of the way allowing Dawkins to almost win the game. There were so many non-calls and poor calls all game that the reffing at the end was consistent with the rest of the game.

You have to click on it to make it play (idk how to upload my iPhone videos w/o YouTube to forums)

I know this is pretty inconsequential but what in the WORLD was Tre thinking?

I'm ready to beat the brakes off the cocky thugs from Hacksburg

I trust K, so good lord AOC must be a complete liability on defense or he’s regressed.

Yeah, Bolden is a non threat offensively on the court. He also moves like he is on stilts. The 2015 team was held together by Quinn Cook. A senior they could rely on, who was not afraid of the moment but could be there for the young guys. Okafor, Winslow and Tyus were great players, Tyus was one of the most developed 18 year olds Ive seen play. Maturity level and poise were excellent. Last year's team had Grayson, this year's team has no one meaningful in the upper class that plays.
Duke doesn’t have upper class leadership because they have been recruited over every year. When you bring in 3 to 4 top tier freshmen each year your upper class players never get the PT they need to be leaders. They are cheerleaders not superstars. Confidence comes with Game play not just practice

That was a GREAT GAME & UCF was scorching hot from deep last few mins. Our guys didn't buckle & won with sheer will. Cam, Z, RJ & Jav(off reb) made huge plays in last two mins.

From a health perspective my blood pressure skyrocketed to ridiculous heights & kids went thru 5 packs of gum!

Survive & advance!!!!

Pretty disrespectful to your BB program who played lights out today against the #1 seed...to call yourselves a football school...great representation of your fan base
I just came over to see y’all cry babying about the refs. Which is a joke considering the non calls on Duke at the end of the game.

I am a huge supporter of our BBall team. Own season tickets. This would have been the greatest victory in our history. A program building win for us. And it rolled off the rim as time expired.

Consider yourselves lucky to move on.

Reactions: dbav
I just came over to see y’all cry babying about the refs. Which is a joke considering the non calls on Duke at the end of the game.

I am a huge supporter of our BBall team. Own season tickets. This would have been the greatest victory in our history. A program building win for us. And it rolled off the rim as time expired.

You didn’t come to our board for that. You been here since before the game started...you must like the feeling of being on the winner’s board

UCF fan here, and have to say congratulations on a great game. Just have to ask, when did your team learn to hit those 3's? That was definitely not in the scouting report!

Hope you guys go on to win it all

A breath of fresh air.

You guys have a really good team. Dawkins is amazing and your guys played incredibly hard.

I wish you guys a lot of luck in the future and will be watching Dawkins and your kids a lot closer now.

Why come around stomping and pouting like a whiny b****? What is the endgame? I just don't relate to that impulse.

UCF was great, got really good games from their best players, and had one who had a career night. They had a terrific defensive gameplan they could execute because they have a literal giant. That is often a recipe for an upset. But Duke made the plays late to hang on. Don't sour UCF's performance by being a petulant child.

A breath of fresh air.

You guys have a really good team. Dawkins is amazing and your guys played incredibly hard.

I wish you guys a lot of luck in the future and will be watching Dawkins and your kids a lot closer now.

Next year's gonna be tough. We lose Tacko, BJ, a few others including most likely Aubrey.

I have to admit that's what made today's game so painful. Not knowing when we'll get a chance like this again.

Reactions: bfort2223 and dbav

That's not why you came here. You know it and we know it. Bless your heart you can't be honest. Run along now your momma's callin' you.

Next year's gonna be tough. We lose Tacko, BJ, a few others including most likely Aubrey.

I have to admit that's what made today's game so painful. Not knowing when we'll get a chance like this again.

I hope not. Your showing in the tourney should help you. Great game plan and great execution. In my opinion, you'll get back when all is said and done.

Be proud of your kids. They were terrific.

Wow. Just reading the post game comments on Reddit. Not one positive Duke comment on there. Some hateful stuff for sure.

Zion tied KD’s record for most points by a freshman in their 1st 2 NCAAT games with 57 points

Last edited:
Reactions: dbav
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

CaRRwEb.gif

UCF fan here, and have to say congratulations on a great game. Just have to ask, when did your team learn to hit those 3's? That was definitely not in the scouting report!

Hope you guys go on to win it all
I'm just as surprised about the threes as you. I know losing in the tournament sucks, and I know it's a lot easier to say when my team was on the lucky end of a roll out, but your guys have nothing to hang their heads about. UCF made us play their game for most of the game, we had no answer for Taco, and definitely no answer for Aubrey - dude flat out balled!

Both teams played well. I guess we were just destined to win. Graysons shot did the same thing last year. Glad it was another team and not us. They made a lot of contested jumpers at the end of the game as well.

UCF made a great defensive adjustment on us in the second half. We went up and then they switched to that one man zone and we had no idea how to attack it. Once we put Goldwire in it made it even worse on offense. Tre is such a bad shooter from deep. We all thought Duval was bad but Tre maybe the worst three point shooter I’ve seen at Duke. But it’s ok because he does everything else at an elite level. I don’t believe any other team is capable of playing that kind of defense. U can run that with a 7’6 guy because he can still contest the mid range jumper. It was a tough stretch.

We found a way to win because this freshman class is winners. They all come from winning programs and it’s just in their DNA.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here. I'm not going to go back 12-15 pages to look. Did anyone notice how eerily similar the end of this UCF game was to the Kansas ending last year? Last second shot by Grayson Allen rolls around the rim and falls off. Ballgame. Sure that was in the Elite Eight but still, it was nice to be on a fun side of that for a change.

Reactions: dukephysics
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here. I'm not going to go back 12-15 pages to look. Did anyone notice how eerily similar the end of this UCF game was to the Kansas ending last year? Last second shot by Grayson Allen rolls around the rim and falls off. Ballgame. Sure that was in the Elite Eight but still, it was nice to be on a fun side of that for a change.

I made a thread called redemption after the game about it... It was one of my first thoughts lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT