ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UCF - NCAA TOURNAMENT 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Anybody else getting annoyed by all the talking heads talking about how important Tacko was? Take Dawkins out and Duke wins by 20 easily. Tacko had nothing to do with their guys draining almost everything in the 2nd half. The guy is 7'6" and had a pedestrian 6 rebounds.

Reactions: Lavar5150
Just happy to move on. We could be going home so easy. My hat is off to Johnny D. and his program. Aubrey is a player. I underestimated Fall. We are lucky he stayed in foul trouble and wasn't on the court for more minutes. Feel for Johnny but glad we aren't going home due to him. Maybe this is our bad game of the tourney. I hope so. I should be on the top of the world but I have to admit I have somewhat of an empty feeling right now. I cannot blame the officiating though. We should have won this game by 20. We've got some serious work to do between between now and Friday no matter who we play. Thankful and grateful we didn't lose. I don't think I could take the cheater abuse. It's gonna be bad enough as it is here in tar heel county, N.C. OFC
I don’t think you played a bad game all due respect that diminishes our UCF team and Zions performance (even behind the arc) I think we have a band of seniors that are damn good including one that is 7’6’’ and they saved their juice for the big dance. Good team with a unique challenge in Tacko Fall and truthfully may have won with him with more minutes but that’s part of the game. I thought playing to full potential UCF showed that this years squad is pretty damn good. I was so pleased..there are no moral victories, but that was a hell of a game to watch. Thought it was best so far with Zion/Tacko.

survive and advance. real tough game but love the way we hung in there and competed to the very end. what a huge last 2 minutes for Zion, RJ and Cam.

I didn't like our hesitant style of play. thought we should have been more of an uptempo game and taking the ball right at them. taco can't run the floor and the best way to get him out was to take the ball right to the hoop after any stop.

but hey - a win is a win.

go duke

I'm calling it right now, Duke is about to go on a run that nobody can stop. They just saw that their season was over, but you guys know what showed up? That dang heart, and will to fight!!! They kids will not stop regardless of what the score is. And when some have given up on them throughout the year at times, they have not gave up on each other. This was the ultimate game that will truly wake them up. We have a special group that will not allow what is going on in the moment to stop them from doing what they do. I love my team!

Cam’s 3 was HUGE!! He’s been inconsistent from 3, but he’s a gamer when it gets to crunch time. Amazing that the whole build up for the game was Zion vs. Tacko and the play of the game involved them two.

When UCF missed that dunk near the end, I said he's not gonna sleep week if we win by 2 or less!!!

Reactions: MyDudeG
Had no internet in the second half (probably a good thing as pissed as I was) I think I need to go to the dr and change my pants

Reactions: christophero
And now it gets real. A matchup that is certainly two contrasting styles - despite UCF's coach having the deepest of Duke roots.

I've read it all week on here, and it couldn't be more accurate - but we have got to start developing some outside game if we want to win it all. We certainly have the ability to do it - so let's begin a run of five outstanding games, and a great start, today.

Like everyone else, I'm interested to see Tacko Fall in a full game and if he can have a major impact in affecting the way we play. If you remember, early on in the Florida State game Koumadje gave us trouble - but was neutralized in the second half. So while Fall might be able to impact the game, I personally don't feel like it'll be a major one - at least I hope not.

We just need to play free and easy, "Duke" basketball. Our first game (and all the freshman's first tournament game) is behind us and we can play relaxed. I'm confident we will win this game as long as we don't lay a complete egg, but I don't have a feel on whether it'll be a nail biter, or we win with ease?

Today's game is slated for a 5:15pm est tip and will air on CBS. Duke is currently a -13.5 favorite over the Knights of Central Florida.

Duke 81

UCF 66

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duke looked out of sync. I guess our game plan against Taco wasn't the best. Still, thank God for Zion but still even he seemed to have trouble holding onto the ball and those free throws at the end almost ended our year. The calls did not go our way: that 3 point foul was was bad , at least one more foul on Taco not called and of course the shot clock violation missed call almost did us in. I didn't drop dead so I don't need a cardiology evaluation for a while.

Just hard to believe we won that game. Has to be one of the most fortunate wins ever. Played terrible. Out coached.

But, we did get robbed - particularly on that rim call. When they slowed it down from the side angle, there was always a shadow and now touch. Never touched the rim.

And that ball rolling on the rim at the end? My goodness I thought I'd die right then.

Basically we had one player who nearly did it all with a few good plays here and there by others.

But, this team will not win it all playing like that. You just can't play this bad, game in and game out and expect to win the title.

Oh and it was a shot clock violation. And if K don’t do a better job next week we’re done.

Reactions: mbdfan
You guys got run to the brink by a FOOTBALL school. So don’t gloat too much...

Zion is a class act though. As much as I would like to hate him, Kid handles himself the right way.

Pretty disrespectful to your BB program who played lights out today against the #1 seed...to call yourselves a football school...great representation of your fan base

Might be one of the toughest games we play for the rest of the tournament. I was sick watching us play, because in my mind I cant see these guys season ending ,other than cutting down the nets!

Reactions: PixelDevil
What a game my Duke Family. I am at work and watched the game on demand on my phone. Proud of our Blue Devils and their will to fight! Goldy, Tre, Cam, RJ, Javin, and Zion all made winning plays when we needed them to. On to D.C.

Just happy to move on. We could be going home so easy. My hat is off to Johnny D. and his program. Aubrey is a player. I underestimated Fall. We are lucky he stayed in foul trouble and wasn't on the court for more minutes. Feel for Johnny but glad we aren't going home due to him. Maybe this is our bad game of the tourney. I hope so. I should be on the top of the world but I have to admit I have somewhat of an empty feeling right now. I cannot blame the officiating though. We should have won this game by 20. We've got some serious work to do between between now and Friday no matter who we play. Thankful and grateful we didn't lose. I don't think I could take the cheater abuse. It's gonna be bad enough as it is here in tar heel county, N.C. OFC

I understand where you're coming from. There is alot I have not liked about this team or have I been too thrilled with the job K has done this year. Im glad they won, but they escaped this one today. One and done does not work well without seniors on the team. I feel like K just lets them run whatever they want on offense and there aren't many sets or plays that get called out. There is alot to get ironed out before they go to DC.

Reactions: youngman42
Cam’s 3 was HUGE!! He’s been inconsistent from 3, but he’s a gamer when it gets to crunch time. Amazing that the whole build up for the game was Zion vs. Tacko and the play of the game involved them two.

He is, but he seems to hit the big ones. I'll take that anyday over a guy that lights it up only to fall short in big moments.

That should have been a shot clock violation and had those 2 points waived anyway.

The refs were so bad that they missed it on the floor, so that they couldn’t overturn it. So much blindness!

And now it gets real. A matchup that is certainly two contrasting styles - despite UCF's coach having the deepest of Duke roots.

I've read it all week on here, and it couldn't be more accurate - but we have got to start developing some outside game if we want to win it all. We certainly have the ability to do it - so let's begin a run of five outstanding games, and a great start, today.

Like everyone else, I'm interested to see Tacko Fall in a full game and if he can have a major impact in affecting the way we play. If you remember, early on in the Florida State game Koumadje gave us trouble - but was neutralized in the second half. So while Fall might be able to impact the game, I personally don't feel like it'll be a major one - at least I hope not.

We just need to play free and easy, "Duke" basketball. Our first game (and all the freshman's first tournament game) is behind us and we can play relaxed. I'm confident we will win this game as long as we don't lay a complete egg, but I don't have a feel on whether it'll be a nail biter, or we win with ease?

Today's game is slated for a 5:15pm est tip and will air on CBS. Duke is currently a -13.5 favorite over the Knights of Central Florida.

Duke 81

UCF 66

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can't win without Tre but we have to have someone else shoot the 3's.

Thank God for Zion tonight!!! And what's up with Zion's shoes, he keeps slipping all over the place!! He needs a different brand of shoes!!!!
OFC

Reactions: youngman42
What a reprieve we have right now. Down 3 with 15 seconds left. We should have lost this game but somehow someway we come away with the W. A game like this is what we needed going further

I understand where you're coming from. There is alot I have not liked about this team or have I been too thrilled with the job K has done this year. Im glad they won, but they escaped this one today. One and done does not work well without seniors on the team. I feel like K just lets them run whatever they want on offense and there aren't many sets or plays that get called out. There is alot to get ironed out before they go to DC.

Good points. Unfortunately, the older players just have not developed. Probably hurt us that Jack was out with an injury.

I mean, DeLaurier has had 3 years to shoot Free Throws and become adequate. What's he doing all summer long? Should be shooting 300 a day. And it's not like Duke doesn't have coaches to spend time and help him.

Bolden - just passive, passive, passive today except for one really bad and awkward foul. He's a 3rd year player! He should have been in there banging Tacko away from the basket and pushing him away.

I guess he's just not cut out for becoming hard nosed and not playing passively. Nice kid. I like him. But, he's gonna wind up in Europe eventually if he wants to keep playing.

He is, but he seems to hit the big ones. I'll take that anyday over a guy that lights it up only to fall short in big moments.

I'd take 18-20 every game vs this inconsistency....we rely on Zion way too much and at some point he may not be there as we've seen. Glad he hit the big shot but how about hitting 10-15 a half

That ball did NOT touch the rim
I just don't understand why they can't focus on the rotation of the ball before and after. It will tell the truth for you everytime. The rotation did not change until it hit the backboard, but at the end of the day, as the old saying goes" ball don't lie." It usually corrects itself later on lol.

I just don't understand why they can't focus on the rotation of the ball before and after. It will tell the truth for you everytime. The rotation did not change until it hit the backboard, but at the end of the day, as the old saying goes" ball don't lie." It usually corrects itself later on lol.

Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT