ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs. Syracuse - 9:37pm EST Friday

This is the first game of the tourney that worries me...I hate playing conference foes in the tourney! Let's see what players show up and who out coaches who...

Reactions: christophero
It would be funny if Duke cuts the nets down to see this board raving about Duke's new one and done approach and how great our yearly roster turnover is.

I’ve thought about that too. Obviously many Duke fans would have more appreciation to the approach, but I still don’t think it would be everyone’s preferred method. But I agree with you.

I think we win but Syracuse can make the game ugly. I'd be much more nervous about MSU. MSU may not have been playing well but their ceiling is much higher.

I think we win but Syracuse can make the game ugly. I'd be much more nervous about MSU. MSU may not have been playing well but their ceiling is much higher.

Agreed....I was not at all upset to see Mich St gone. I think we are better than them, but I was worried about all the success we have had against them. At some point, they are surely to get us at least once

I'm very worried, but I am for every game. I'm also very cautiously optimistic. This is the first time in a while that the first weekend has made me feel good about the second weekend. It also looked like they were locked in like I've not seen then. Let's get this done.

I think it's pretty natural to be worried. This is, after all, the NCAA Tournament. Nothing we did last weekend means a whole lot right now.

We should beat Syracuse, but much stranger things have happened. For as well as we played last weekend, this is still the same group that at times has made us pull out our hair. We've gotten off to great starts in both of our first two games and have held double-digit leads at halftime. Playing focused is easier in those scenarios. There's going to come a time in this tournament when things aren't going to be that way. How do we respond?

I'm ready for tomorrow night to get here.

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
I'm very worried, but I am for every game. I'm also very cautiously optimistic. This is the first time in a while that the first weekend has made me feel good about the second weekend. It also looked like they were locked in like I've not seen then. Let's get this done.
2015 we blew the doors off the first weekend as well. But I agree, I feel great heading into this weekend. Like our road better than the 2015 road, where we faced a feisty Utah team and also a great Gonzaga team.

Reactions: dbav
Cant take ANYTHING for granted! Syracuse is tournament tough and confident by virtue of its 3 wins thus far. They've made winning ugly a HABIT, and we'll seek to oust Duke in a grinder. Dont underestimate Boeheim as a tourney coach either. Brissette is really playing well now also, giving them another viable scoring option and rebounder.

Personally I hope we can be scoring at a more proficient rate than we did in our win at Cameron over them. This way we will have more chances to apply our 3/4 court pressure which should speed them up some on offense and take them out of their comfort zone.

OFC

2015 we blew the doors off the first weekend as well. But I agree, I feel great heading into this weekend. Like our road better than the 2015 road, where we faced a feisty Utah team and also a great Gonzaga team.

To be honest, I thought this felt more like 2010. We took care of business relatively quietly and things are seemingly opening up. I feel like the momentum is the same, but again, I'll be worried about every game, haha.

I'm looking forward to the game, but Cuse worries me. An ACC foe familiar with our style, and coached very well also. We should win, but should doesn't always come out on top.

OFC

Maybe I'm taking them too lightly, but I feel really good about us winning by double digits...

I really hope Kensucky has been drinking the “poison”

I just hope Duke comes out nice and loose and isn't afraid to take shots like MSU was. That and that Battle doesn't go off like he did last year against Duke. First team to 70 wins.

We should win but......so should Kentucky and Gonzaga. Go Duke! Play our game and we advance.

I agree. We must impose our will as they say. Syracuse will want to make the game ugly, stick around, and have a puncher's chance. We need to dominate. Well we need to win, but if we dominate I can relax.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT