ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Reyerson Gameday Thread!!!!!!

Good grief already!?....Alex out for the game.....sheesh I’m sick of this injury crap already 2 guys missing , and now one lost after the first minute of the game....

I sure hope Cam and Trae can Score because Barrett and Zion will not be able to score 38 of our 40 points every game. I was hoping to see Bolden assert himself in the block and he has not

Reactions: youngman42
My 1st Half Reactions:

RJ - the most NBA ready Duke freshman I have seen this early into a season.

Zion - he is doing a little bit of everything on the court.. this kid is a complete hybrid player.. it does look like he conserves his energy on some plays (not in a lazy way), and then turns on the gas when he needs to.

Javin - hustle player.. going to be a big piece of our puzzle this year.

Bolden - looks good.. but still not as aggressive as I want to see him by the time the season starts.

Goldwire - a really solid backup PG.

I sure hope Cam and Trae can Score because Barrett and Zion will not be able to score 38 of our 40 points every game. I was hoping to see Bolden assert himself in the block and he has not

Not giving up on him yet but I am definitely expecting more from him this year

Javin works so hard I wish it was easier to score for him. Feels like he’s gotta give 125% to make a bucket. But his hustle is exciting to watch. Really rooting for him to have a breakout year

Jack White looking good, like he’s going to really contribute this year.

And I’m impressed with Baker’s size as a reclassified freshman.. he’s not a string bean.

Javin works so hard I wish it was easier to score for him. Feels like he’s gotta give 125% to make a bucket. But his hustle is exciting to watch. Really rooting for him to have a breakout year
Speaking of breakout year, I think Jack White might be that guy. He looks really relaxed and under control.

Reactions: dukehokie
RJ reminds me a bit of Tatum early in the year. You can see things he's capable of doing that just aren't quite working yet.

Zion is better than I expected. He also plays really hard, which is awesome.

RJ reminds me a bit of Tatum early in the year. You can see things he's capable of doing that just aren't quite working yet.

It’s really easy to see the potential he possesses.. once it all starts clicking, he’s going to be the #1 pick.

Reactions: dukehokie
Score halfway through 4th:
Zion/RJ - 60
Ryerson - 58

(Overall score 78-58)

It's going to be a load of individual talent after adding Tre Jones and Cam Reddish (and AOC). Nice to see Zion and RJ playing great team ball.

Reactions: dbav
Score halfway through 4th:
Zion/RJ - 60
Ryerson - 58

(Overall score 78-58)
So the rest of the team only has scored 18? Ugh. They aren’t player watching are they?

Last edited:
Ryerson is a small techical college,probably a student en-rol
lement of under 4,000 students my youngest brother has a degree from there in photographic arts,his dream,to be the nest Speilberg,he now sells heat pumps.....Duke 100 plus Ryerson...less than 60

Not making any observations over this game besides the rim looks harder in Canada. :)

You really thought that about RJ? Zion looked fat and away the most ready. RJ took a good amount of bad shots and everything was one on one outside of the offense, struggled to score on the second rotating defender who wasn’t even that athletic. I still like his potential but I’ve seen a good amount of freshmen at Duke who looked more NBA ready this early.

We watched two different games if you thought Bolden looked good. He looked like he will come off the bench to back up Zion and JD (who looked way better than bolden)

My 1st Half Reactions:

RJ - the most NBA ready Duke freshman I have seen this early into a season.

Zion - he is doing a little bit of everything on the court.. this kid is a complete hybrid player.. it does look like he conserves his energy on some plays (not in a lazy way), and then turns on the gas when he needs to.

Javin - hustle player.. going to be a big piece of our puzzle this year.

Bolden - looks good.. but still not as aggressive as I want to see him by the time the season starts.

Goldwire - a really solid backup PG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT