ADVERTISEMENT

Duke. UNC. @ Cameron

Personally i think we lose this game. Just my gut feeling i think they play loose and we play tight. Another slow start and Brooks and Anthony get whatever they want. They are 13-17 or whatever but joking aside they are playing better than their record. I hope like hell im wrong.

Personally i think we lose this game. Just my gut feeling i think they play loose and we play tight. Another slow start and Brooks and Anthony get whatever they want. They are 13-17 or whatever but joking aside they are playing better than their record. I hope like hell im wrong.
If we lose, than I'm done giving this team the benefit of the doubt and believing they will make a tournament run. This to me is a "must-win." Keep us as a chance to land a 2 seed or worse case scenario keeps us the 3 in the East.
Lose tomorrow and I think our season only lasts 2 more weeks.

Reactions: skysdad
I think its more likely we win 82-50 than lose this game. I would be really surprised if we choke this game away. Not saying I have confidence in this team to do anything special or that we will make any sort of tournament run. Not saying we will definitely win if we face them again in the ACCT. I just don't think UNC will pull this game off. I really, really don't.

I'll be honest, anything less than a 10 point victory is concerning. We need to right the ship, was the win against NC St nice? Of course, but we still looked awful in the first half, and had they been prepared for a zone defense, I think it ends up going down to the wire.

I like that UNC has been hot, they are due for an off game. Weren't they coming in on a massive losing streak the last time we played? And of course they played amazing.

No slow starts, get this game over at half, we have the talent to do that. They still suck regardless of a few wins in a row.

That is definitely a concern - I don't think any defensive issues have been solved. The zone worked against a NCSU team that was not prepared for it. Despite the record, this UNC team has more firepower than NCSU, and they will have the luxury of preparation. I think the defensive effort/plan against UNC will be very telling about where this team is at the most important time. Fortunately, they have shown before over the course of the season what they are capable of, so hopefully we see that level tomorrow.

I have a different opinion. I don’t think a a Duke/uncheat game result can give you a direct indication of how the remainder of the season will pan out or how we’ll play in the upcoming tournaments. We all know this game could go in any direction. If we were to lose this game, even by 10-15 points, it wouldn’t press me to start saying okay we’ll never get past the second round. We can lose this game and win the ACC tournament like it’s our job. It’s just who we are this year.

I want to beat the complete hell out them and let their doofus fanbase know that, yes you are as terrible as your record indicates. No Cole, you suck, you aren’t good and never were. You are not and never were at any point of this season a good team, no matter what you tell yourself. YOU SUCK!

this is me too

UNC has made 21-of-43 from deep their last two games. Any team who does that is going to look really, really good. The Heels are less than two weeks removed from a seven-game losing streak....so while they've obviously improved, I'm still not buying them.

Having said all that, we have our own issues. For once, I think this team needs a fast start and to play with urgency. The talent to win games deep into the NCAAT is there....my concern is their mental aptitude. Unfortunately, that's one part of the game that rarely just clicks on 30+ games into the season. My hope is they can build off a great second half vs. State and even get some of the guys involved.

WAKE UP DUKE NATION AND DI!!!!!

BIG GAME AHEAD

Just bought 4 tickets, will be flying the family in! Kids first Duke UNC Game, daughters first Duke game (she is 4) ..... we are pumped!!!!!!

GTHC GTH

Have fun buddy!

I will never forget the 2013 game at Cameron! It was a blast! Did I ever tell you I put together a 20 minute video of my experience at that 2013 game we saw?

I have been listening to several interviews today from UNC side and they are coming in to CIS with a ton of confidence and a chip on there shoulder. Duke will not win easily, and if they start slow and dig a hole then I am with you and afraid they might get whipped in their own house. The holes are coming in with a purpose to prove something before the ACC tournament.

If we start out 2-14 from the field and the cheaters start 9-13 with four 3 pointers and Vernon picks up two fouls in the first five minutes and unc has 3 put backs and scores 6 points on their transition offense then we in deep trouble because this is how unc wins games. My hope is they have seen such much tape on the heels that all these things will be reversed. By the way the refs already been paid by the PTFR at twice the rate . ;):):eek: OFC

We have got to rebound like we did the second half vs NC State and early in the season and limit them in transition. Last game they were the ones running and we were playing half court offense most of the game and that can’t happen. The one positive thing we did that didn’t really show up because they made them ALL was that we limited them to a lot of midrange jumpers. If they are going to shoot 75% from the midrange again it’s going to be a battle but I’d take my chances giving them those vs 3’s and layups any day. Hopefully JRob continues to give us a solid extra rim protector who can stretch the floor for us.

I have a different opinion. I don’t think a a Duke/uncheat game result can give you a direct indication of how the remainder of the season will pan out or how we’ll play in the upcoming tournaments. We all know this game could go in any direction. If we were to lose this game, even by 10-15 points, it wouldn’t press me to start saying okay we’ll never get past the second round. We can lose this game and win the ACC tournament like it’s our job. It’s just who we are this year.
Exactly. Duke-UNC games are rarely ultimatums on each other’s seasons. Look no further than the last game. UNC is not one point worse than the #12 team in the country nor are we 1 pt better than the #129th team in the country

Reactions: BlueDaveil
Better luck next time Jay :p

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT