ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

Brandon Ingram and the LA Lakers take on the Houston Rockets at 10 pm EST on ESPN following the Philadelphia/OKC game.

Philadelphia (Henderson, Okafor) vs. Oklahoma City (Singler).

Henderson started the game with 5 straight points

Okafor came off the bench with six quick points

Kyle Singler just nailed a 3

OKC leads 21-20 near the end of the 1st quarter.

The game is on ESPN
Okafor is stupid talented, but is clearly out of shape. He also takes the easy jump shot too much instead of pounding it in.

Okafor is stupid talented, but is clearly out of shape. He also takes the easy jump shot too much instead of pounding it in.

Remember he's returning from injury. I like the fact that he can hit that little jump shot.

Reactions: skysdad
Winslow with a very solid stat line tonight 15/8/4. With wade gone he should get plenty of opportunities to grow.

Reactions: Quavarius

I agree. I really don't want Okafor turning into one of those uber-talented guys who just kind of takes for granted the talents he possesses. It pains me to say this, but when I watched him last season, and especially tonight, he's had a tendency to look lazy.

Jah played 6 minutes in the preseason. 6. Now, he will have to get in to better shape for sure. He is also going to have to take some jump shots to keep defenses honest. When he pounded it in the post he was quickly double teamed and coughed it up a few times. By taking, and making a mid range jumper, it will help deter those double teams. I am not a big fan of the ball in Okafors hands with double teams around. He isn't the greatest passer out of those IMO.

Jah played 6 minutes in the preseason. 6. Now, he will have to get in to better shape for sure. He is also going to have to take some jump shots to keep defenses honest. When he pounded it in the post he was quickly double teamed and coughed it up a few times. By taking, and making a mid range jumper, it will help deter those double teams. I am not a big fan of the ball in Okafors hands with double teams around. He isn't the greatest passer out of those IMO.
Agree, he just wasn't working for position and was content with catching it 15ft away and facing up. It will be interesting or brutal to watch how the sixers use both him and embid.

Another point. It's one thing to be out of basketball shape (which is understandable with him) it's another to be completely out of shape (he looked to be this). He looked over weight and struggled getting up and down court.

I get it, i personally am trying to get back into really good shape, and I do really good for a few days, then see a cookie cake at work and all is lost!

Jah has been so much more talented than his opponent at every level he has faced to date. At some point and that point may be now, it will be a fork in the road where he can be an average nba player who can score or an exceptional nba player that works every day to get better.

Agree, he just wasn't working for position and was content with catching it 15ft away and facing up. It will be interesting or brutal to watch how the sixers use both him and embid.

Another point. It's one thing to be out of basketball shape (which is understandable with him) it's another to be completely out of shape (he looked to be this). He looked over weight and struggled getting up and down court.

I get it, i personally am trying to get back into really good shape, and I do really good for a few days, then see a cookie cake at work and all is lost!
I agree, he looks like he needs to get into better shape. I am not sure what his recovery was from the knee surgery he had after last season. He may not have had much time to do conditioning drills.

I agree. I really don't want Okafor turning into one of those uber-talented guys who just kind of takes for granted the talents he possesses. It pains me to say this, but when I watched him last season, and especially tonight, he's had a tendency to look lazy.
Maybe he doesn't like his teammates/coach/city? Whatever the case (could just be frustrated with his recovery), it's time to get buckets and play D. I'm still hoping the T-Wolves trade Rubio for Jah.

I agree, he looks like he needs to get into better shape. I am not sure what his recovery was from the knee surgery he had after last season. He may not have had much time to do conditioning drills.
Yeah, Diet is just as important, and even more difficult. That's where most bigger athletes lose it.

Reactions: denniden
LA Clippers beat Portland 114-106 last night. Mason Plumlee had 17 points and 8 rebounds and was 7-for-9 from the field.

Kyrie Irving had 26 points (5-9) from 3 as Cleveland beat Toronto 94-91

Rodney Hood scored 15 points as the Utah Jazz beat the LA Lakers 96-89. Brandon Ingram scored two points but let the game with a knee injury.

Pinning this thread as the season has started off. Hope Ingram is alright!

I will say both Russ and Unibrow had insane games last night.

Jabari Parker had 14 points and eight rebounds in a 110-108 win over Brooklyn.

Reactions: skysdad
Austin Rivers led the LA Clippers with 19 points in an 88-75 win over the Utah Jazz. Rivers was 8-for-11 from the field. Rodney Hood had a rough night only scoring five points in the loss.

I really, really love watching Westbrook play. If he stays healthy, it could be insane what he ends up with numbers. I used to be more of a Durant fan, but seeing how hoe has taken on the GS persona lately, I am finding it more difficult to support the guy. So with that said, go get 'em Russ!

Austin Rivers led the LA Clippers with 19 points in an 88-75 win over the Utah Jazz. Rivers was 8-for-11 from the field. Rodney Hood had a rough night only scoring five points in the loss.
He looked really good. Him and Crawford work well together as a part of the second unit in LA. Austin is turning in to a pretty good NBA player.

I really like this thread. It really helps to keep up with the Dukies. Thanks Q.OFC

I really, really love watching Westbrook play. If he stays healthy, it could be insane what he ends up with numbers. I used to be more of a Durant fan, but seeing how hoe has taken on the GS persona lately, I am finding it more difficult to support the guy. So with that said, go get 'em Russ!
Completely agree on Russ. Guy is an animal. My favorite non duke player in the league for me.

He looked really good. Him and Crawford work well together as a part of the second unit in LA. Austin is turning in to a pretty good NBA player.

Great point. Rivers actually almost led LA to the Western Conference finals last year when Chris Paul went down...with one eye. Playing for his dad has made him a better pro

Reactions: denniden
Great point. Rivers actually almost led LA to the Western Conference finals last year when Chris Paul went down...with one eye. Playing for his dad has made him a better pro
I think so too in regards to Doc coaching him. Rivers always plays hard, but now he is also playing savvy. Austin also has guys like Crawfors, Paul, Redick, ect...to help him progress. That is a ton of experience to draw on. I am a huge fan of Rivers, so I hope he continues his trend.

J.J. Redick scored 13 points as the LA Clippers beat the Phoenix Suns 116-98.

Also, if you're on the Twitter, follow @DukeNBA as well. That's not my Twitter handle but he does a good job of keeping up with former Duke players in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT