ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE IN THE NBA

Kyrie Irving scored a season-high 35 points with seven assists and Jayson Tatum added 21 points and eight rebounds in a 110-107 win over the Hawks. Boston won its 9th straight game after starting 0-2.

Reactions: timo0402
When Uncle Drew has the ball in his hands it is must see TV. This year though, he will be playing off the ball a lot more and he is pretty special in that role as well. His passing is ridiculous. It is fun to see Kyrie as more than a scorer. He has layers to his game that he can use in Boston under Stevens' system. In Cleveland he was pigeon holes IMO. It was LBJ's show. With good reason.

Reactions: Quavarius
When Uncle Drew has the ball in his hands it is must see TV. This year though, he will be playing off the ball a lot more and he is pretty special in that role as well. His passing is ridiculous. It is fun to see Kyrie as more than a scorer. He has layers to his game that he can use in Boston under Stevens' system. In Cleveland he was pigeon holes IMO. It was LBJ's show. With good reason.

Agreed with everything you said.

Reactions: denniden
Youve got to be a happy camper!

Youve got to be a happy camper!
Q and I have discussed this before. Just to have 2 Duke guys on the Celtics is a huge plus. (not too many have come through since I have been a fan) Having those two be two of my favorite Blue devils makes it even better. Tatum is seriously impressive though. Not just how smooth he has transitioned to role player for Boston, but how he carries himself off the court. The guy is a pros pro at 19 years old. He has won over Boston fans.

Barring any injuries, Ben Simmons will likely win ROY but Tatum should be a strong runner up (atleast at this point). Still a long way to go.

Barring any injuries, Ben Simmons will likely win ROY but Tatum should be a strong runner up (atleast at this point). Still a long way to go.
I still do nit like the whole idea that Simmons is a rookie. I guess it is a little better than 3rd year rookie Embiid though. Tatum won't see enough touches to put up the numbers of Simmons, but i am willing to bet that he will grow so much more as a player being in Boston and playing for a contending team.

I still do nit like the whole idea that Simmons is a rookie. I guess it is a little better than 3rd year rookie Embiid though. Tatum won't see enough touches to put up the numbers of Simmons, but i am willing to bet that he will grow so much more as a player being in Boston and playing for a contending team.

Oh yes and Tatum won't rack up the individual awards, but in the NBA, rings and money are the only two things that matter and being at Boston, he will check both boxes.

Lance Thomas scored 10 points and grabbed five rebounds in a 118-113 win over Charlotte. Lance was perfect from the field (3-for-3) AND the 3-point line (2-for-2).

Austin Rivers led the LA Clippers with 24 points and was 4-of-6 from 3 in a 120-107 loss to San Antonio.

JJ Redick scored 20 points in a 104-97 win over Utah. Rodney Hood led Utah with 19 points in the loss.

Catch the LA Lakers (Brandon Ingram, Luol Deng) vs. Boston Celtics (Kyrie Irving, Jayson Tatum) tonight on ESPN at 8 pm EST. Also, catch Tyus Jones in the second game as Minnesota takes on Golden State.

Last edited:
Kyrie Irving scored 19 points, grabbed six rebounds and dished out five assists in a 107-96 win over the LA Lakers. Brandon Ingram led the Lakers with 18 points and seven rebounds.

Last edited:
Mason Plumlee scored 13 points in a 102-94 win over Oklahoma City.

Jayson Tatum led Boston with 16 points in a 90-87 win over Charlotte. Kyrie Irving left the game early in the first half after suffering a possible concussion. The Celtics won their 11th straight game.

Jayson Tatum scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds in a 95-94 win over Toronto. Boston has now won 12 in a row after starting 0-2.

Wasn’t Tatums best game. However he did a little of everything. Didn’t have any assists but got guys good looks that didn’t get knocked down. In fact that is pretty common for the team. Lots of bricks...

Wasn’t Tatums best game. However he did a little of everything. Didn’t have any assists but got guys good looks that didn’t get knocked down. In fact that is pretty common for the team. Lots of bricks...

Yeah their FG % is low, but they make up for it on the defensive end.

Reactions: denniden
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT