ADVERTISEMENT

Can THIS Duke team navigate THE ROAD???

One thing has been constant over the last five seasons -- whenever Duke has won its first ACC road game, it has posted a winning league record on the road.

That’s interesting. We should beat Wake and this trend should continue.

HUGE difference with those other teams that struggled on the road the past two seasons: defense. Our defense is elite and miles ahead of where we were in 2017 and 2018. Those teams defenses improved towards the end of the year.

You play defense; you will win on the road. Ask Virginia. Hold serve at home and have a winning record on the road is a perfect combination for success.

Good read. However, you would think someone writing for the News Observer would know how to read a basketball schedule....we went 5-4 in league road games last year, article states we went 4-5. Yikes.

I think we go 7-2 or 8-1 on the road this year and smash everyone in Cameron.

One thing has been constant over the last five seasons -- whenever Duke has won its first ACC road game, it has posted a winning league record on the road.

That’s interesting. We should beat Wake and this trend should continue.

HUGE difference with those other teams that struggled on the road the past two seasons: defense. Our defense is elite and miles ahead of where we were in 2017 and 2018. Those teams defenses improved towards the end of the year.

You play defense; you will win on the road. Ask Virginia. Hold serve at home and have a winning record on the road is a perfect combination for success.

I would definitely concur w/you Q about this group's defense being superior to the past two years. Hopefully the trend on the defensive end continues upward! OFC

Yeah, just looking back, Duke has been 4-5 or 5-4 for 6 seasons. The only outlier just happened to have a Jones on the roster at 6-3.

I’m too lazy to look up other top teams road records, but I’m sure no one is running the table on the road in this conference. The league has just been so good.

This team will take a couple lumps on the road, but I’d be willing to bet they have a winning record on the road.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think I read last year the last team to go unbeaten on the road in conference play was our 2012 team, believe it or not.

Holy cow that’s correct. In fairness, there were only 4 teams ranked in the ACC at the time, UVA, UNC, Duke and FSU.

But still, that team went on the road and won. They had a good resolve about them, their time was just up in the tourney.

2 things bode well for road games. Defense and our strengths on O. D mostly goes without saying, especially with this group. Zion, RJ, Tre, and Jack are not gonna mail on any efforts on the road. As for O, driving, dunking, steals and runnouts tend to be less finicky than 3 pt shooting. Biggest threat for both sides of the ball might be officiating, which statistically, favors the home team.

Biggest threat for both sides of the ball might be officiating, which statistically, favors the home team.

Nowhere worse than Chapel Hole for above scenario. Zion may pick up two fouls first five minutes for breathing too hard....OFC

Reactions: Liftee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT